• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

51PUyA8IkzL.jpg

Merry Christmas!

Since everybody was talking on Facebook about the Sandra Bullock movie on Netflix, Bird Box, I decided to watch it yesterday. Meh! It was an ok movie, just not sure why everyone was so enthralled with it. I'd like to complain that they never answered any questions, but they never asked any questions in the first place.

Just got done watching ET with grandson. Picked it up in 4K on Black Friday pretty cheap. Bonus that it comes with a CD of the soundtrack. It was fun watching the grandson watch it for the first time.

Just got done watching ET with grandson. Picked it up in 4K on Black Friday pretty cheap. Bonus that it comes with a CD of the soundtrack. It was fun watching the grandson watch it for the first time.
Forgot to mention, but I thought I recognized the girl Elliot kisses in the frog release scene. It's a very young Erika Eleniak.

Watched Adrift last night on Neflix. I'm sure it didn't win any Oscars but I am a sucker for a) true stories and b) stories about survival and triumph of the human spirit.

265616R1.jpg

18792_3.jpg

Snuggled into Zing’s chair today in the theater with a wonderful mug of brewed tea and watched this. What an incredible job Kevin Bacon did portraying Henry Young. Based on a true story.

Last night I sat down in my listening room and watched "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs".

balladofbusterscruggs_wallpaper.jpg

As with all Coen brother movies, it was somewhat strange with fascinating characters who surprise with every line. The film-making was tight and clean, and it was a hoot to watch. It was also darker than I anticipated.

What I found extremely interesting was the tone of the storytelling was identical to that used by my elder relatives who grew up in the last days of the wild west in what is now New Mexico, Colorado, Texas (panhandle) and Oklahoma. They retold the stories their grandparents
told about life in the "wild west" and it really was dark. Most people owned almost nothing and death was so common that it wasn't terribly emotional or heavy when facing it. They laughed when they could as the smallest things, and they walked into danger not necessarily because they were terribly brave, but because they had little choice. Too often it really was kill or be killed because so many were struggling to survive. Honest and trustworthy folk banded together, and those hired to help had a sense of duty which often put them in positions of risking their lives for their charges rather than walking away when they could.

Anyway, watching the movie reminded me of my childhood sitting with my long dead relatives as they told stories about Kit Carson, Billy the Kid and other people who later became legends as well as those who we may never remember.

Ha! I started watching Buster Scruggs a couple of weeks ago, and I got so bored and lost I only made it about halfway through. It was interesting but I couldn't see the point, if there was one. Maybe all the little stories come together in some way later on, dunno. I'll give it another shot someday.

Back