• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

I think I have mentioned before that my best friend's duaghter was (maybe is) dating Alex Honnald.

We took the grandson and my son to see the new Grinch movie last December, and loved it. Knew I would buy it when it was released, so yesterday I picked up a 4K copy of it, and then was asked if I could get the grandson from daycare. Hell yeah! We have a movie to watch, and that's what we did last night. It's a cute movie, and Beauregard Cumberbun is pretty good in it. There is one scene where a triple decker bus pulls up to a triple decker bus stop, which was snow covered and had no railing, and my first thought was WHOSHA would never allow such a thing.

A friend that took his grand daughter said they really "woosified" the Grinch, taking the mean out of him.

True in your assessment Rob?

A friend that took his grand daughter said they really "woosified" the Grinch, taking the mean out of him.

True in your assessment Rob?
I would say that it is more kid friendly than the Jim Carey version. I did like this version more than the other one, it has a bunch of cute moments, so maybe that's what your friend was talking about Jeff. My grandson, who like most 4 year olds, has a very short attention span, but he was able to sit through most of the movie without getting distracted.

I would say that it is more kid friendly than the Jim Carey version. I did like this version more than the other one, it has a bunch of cute moments, so maybe that's what your friend was talking about Jeff. My grandson, who like most 4 year olds, has a very short attention span, but he was able to sit through most of the movie without getting distracted.

He did mentin the Carey version but also the original one from TV with Boris Karloff which I think debuted the song "Your a Mean One (Mr Grinch)"

He did mentin the Carey version but also the original one from TV with Boris Karloff which I think debuted the song "Your a Mean One (Mr Grinch)"
It's been awhile since I've watched the 60's one, but being that Boris Karloff is the narrator, that would make it somewhat scary all on it's own. Out of all 3 of them, the new one is quickly becoming my favorite. The 4K version is absolutely stunning, and there are some very cute moments in the film.

Stop Making Sense. Yes a concert movie but this is one of my favorite of all time. I had the house to myself last night so I had it turned up. One of the true performances and albums I can watch/listen from front to back. It is only the DVD copy but the audio sounded great. The video had periodic artifacts but didn't distract.
Screenshot_20190216-163022_Google Play Store.jpg

watching a couple of movies recently,

Close (my posting showed a preview of the movies, but not at final post, so added titles)

not her best, but not her worst either. for some reason i just like her.

this was an absolutely amazing movie.

Standoff at sparrow creek

i loved it, great pacing, good characters, and at 1 and a half hours, it wasnt such a waste of time. highly recommended

Crazy Rich Asians...........enjoyed this one!

206063_large.jpg

The Hitman's Bodyguard...........I really liked this one also, however I couldn't get Deadpool out of my mind watching and hearing Reynolds.

189974_large.jpg

Daniel and I had a snow day so we went and saw this. I was pleasantly surprised how much we enjoyed it. Reminds me of when we saw Ready Player One and didn’t expect much but enjoyed it too. This will be a 4K disc purchase for sure when it is released.

97A9FE92-EA57-4AE7-8560-2736F48BC98B.jpeg

f91868a8-7d5b-4389-b806-9247669e9a4b_1.9be3643772c844216a84beefb107bd08.jpeg

Watched this with the family yesterday, it was obviously silly but actually fairly entertaining. Best early 19th century British zombie thriller of the year!

Back