• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Ha! I started watching Buster Scruggs a couple of weeks ago, and I got so bored and lost I only made it about halfway through. It was interesting but I couldn't see the point, if there was one. Maybe all the little stories come together in some way later on, dunno. I'll give it another shot someday.

I think they are recreating the old-fashioned storytelling about the tribulations of the old west. Since I grew up hearing those types of stories told in this way (though the humoristic style was different - there was humor, but it was more ironic than slapstick as the Coen bros tend to do), I found the movie a throw-back. I don't believe it was meant to be similar to modern storytelling as we've become accustomed to.

I've seen it before, but watched Interstellar again yesterday. First time I watched, I didn't notice that Nolan was using Imax film in some of the scenes like he did with the Batman movie. It was only in Bluray, but damn there were some truly stunning scenes in this movie. Christopher Nolan is truly in artist in his film making.

The Lego Movie. Put this on for the girls the past two days. Man there are some crazy bass scenes in it.

96f6a42c-f65c-4351-bd7a-4cac71ac40db_1.597833724221c4346cb7e9d3a6c967ba.jpeg

Bought Blade Runner yesterday and watched it all (shocking I know @Towen7 ). The video quality is pretty incredible especially considering it is from 1982. Sound is pretty impressive as well.

download (1).jpeg

One of my absolute most favorite movies ever made!
I think I recall that. Have you seen this UHD version? It is really darn nice. That said I hadn't seen it in years, to the point I forgot most of the detail so it was almost like watching it new

The Shape of Water...........I can't believe I liked this one.............

194458_large.jpg

Snowden ............. Not too bad.

155437_large.jpg

Deadpool 2 ................... Not too bad.

216172_large.jpg

Watched a new Neflix film last night. Polar. Think John Wick but only more off the wall and a little lower rent. Dumb movie but strangely enjoyable.

The Shape of Water...........I can't believe I liked this one.............

194458_large.jpg

Snowden ............. Not too bad.

155437_large.jpg

Deadpool 2 ................... Not too bad.

216172_large.jpg
I liked Deadpool 2 but less than the first. Felt the humor was forced a bit.

Watched a new Neflix film last night. Polar. Think John Wick but only more off the wall and a little lower rent. Dumb movie but strangely enjoyable.
Ha! I just posted about this in the streaming thread. Said the same thing about John Wick. I liked it as well, and like how they left it open for a number 2.

Free Solo. Family went to see this yesterday afternoon. He MUST be strong to lug those balls of steel up a 3000 ft vertical face. Wow!!
Clearly he is not wired like the rest of us(it's in the movie)!! Oh...and his hands. Holy crap!!
Enjoyed!!

277854R1.jpg

Back