• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Saw The Other Guys last night .. Knew it would be a good one when Jackson and The Rock jumped off the roof "into the bushes".. funny movie..

^^
I found The Other Guys hilarious at moment and painfully un-funny at others.

^ Michael Keaton was funny as hell in The Other Guys

source-code-blu-ray-cover-image-468x600.jpg

Awesome movie. Quick rundown, a young man is sent back in time to try find the bomber of a train to stop future bombings. That's as vague as I can be, I loved it. Even had a small tear near the end...see it you won't regret it. :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

I'll check it out. It looked too much like a Matrix wannabe to intreats me before.

^ I guess I could see why you think that based on what I remember of the first 10 minutes but its really not at all like the Matrix...

91SgDl8fj9L.jpg
\

The title The Way Back takes on an epic grandeur when you consider that the "way" stretches from a Soviet prison camp somewhere deep in World War II Siberia all the way across the Gobi Desert and the Himalayas to India. This is the route walked by a group of escapees in Peter Weir's utterly gripping movie, which joins the list of cinema's great tales of incredible endurance across inhospitable places. The movie is drawn from a book by Slavomir Rawicz, which was originally released as nonfiction but has subsequently had its veracity substantially debunked (Weir proceeded with the film as a dramatized story because of an account that three people really had survived a similar trek during the war). The escapees include a Polish political prisoner (Jim Sturgess, Across the Universe), a Russian criminal (Colin Farrell), and an American (Ed Harris) who was caught working in Moscow when war broke out. Along with a few others, they break out of the gulag into a blizzard--it will cover their tracks in the snow--and along the 4,000-mile odyssey pick up a teenage girl (Saoirse Ronan) who also has reasons to flee the Soviet Union. This material was made for Peter Weir: the director's measured pace and near-physical sense of landscape gives the film an inexorable forward motion, yet nothing is rushed. And, whether crossing desert or dense forest, the film's purpose is to test how individual humanity might survive in extremity--in other words, despite the large canvas, the tiniest issues are very much in the foreground. And that, too, makes it a film by Peter Weir.

Though touted as "based on reality" it seems the truthfulness of the book it is based on has been questioned by many experts

Still a good movie.

Batman said:
^ Michael Keaton was funny as hell in The Other Guys

source-code-blu-ray-cover-image-468x600.jpg

Awesome movie. Quick rundown, a young man is sent back in time to try find the bomber of a train to stop future bombings. That's as vague as I can be, I loved it. Even had a small tear near the end...see it you won't regret it. :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

was this source code? sorry, work filters cant show images.. wait, it is.

watched this one too, got it for cheap using the $5 coupon i posted. anyhoo, great movie, very very entertaining.

as mentioned, it reminded me of Dejavu and unstoppable plus groundhog day mashed up.

great movie. definitely a worthy rental, glad i purchased this over limitless.

220px-Red_riding_hood_ver2.jpg

Horrible movie.

Don't know why I rented it. Don't know why I didn't stop watching it after 15 minutes. Don't know why I watched it until the end.

:angry-banghead:

Since I'm into movies about ancient Rome, I give both movies two thumbs up.
The Eagle is not meant to be a sequel but I watched it a few days after Centurion to get the time line correct. Neither are blockbuster hit movies and some people may find them boring but to those who are interested in this time period stories, I would say go for it.

515ZmyJMuvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51LxzmDVj2L._SX500_.jpg

The Eagle could have been better IMO. The story is fascinating and the actions were decent but I just felt that the main character was a bit of miscast despite his acceptable acting skill. He just doesn't look Roman enough for some reason...

so you'd watch centurion first then The eagle afterwards diyer?

just wanted to know in case i borrow them both. rentals right, not worthy of a blu-ray purchase?

id love to know what Mzpro watched, i cant really see some images via work computer. apparently im supposed to be working. :angelic-green:

Ive been engrossed watching TOP SHOT (second season - i hate George and Ashlie - bullies who misrepresent the service)...

jomari said:
Yes.
rentals right, not worthy of a blu-ray purchase?
Yes, IMO. The Eagle has some of the finest scenery of Scottish Highlands I know of so if that counts for you, buy it. If not, rent both.

DIYer said:
jomari said:
Yes.
rentals right, not worthy of a blu-ray purchase?
Yes, IMO. The Eagle has some of the finest scenery of Scottish Highlands I know of so if that counts for you, buy it. If not, rent both.

Centurion is available via NF streaming.

mzpro5 said:

Thank you! will watch later.

While we're at it, i use this website to track what new movies are available for Netflix streaming... hoping it helps out others as well. i prefer the older version of their site, found at the bottom portion of the site...

http://instantwatcher.com/

Finally saw the last Harry Potter last night (I think the last movie I saw in an actual theater was the second-to-last HP!) and it was pretty good. I thought overall they did a good job of presenting the story. Maybe it's just HP overload but while I enjoyed it, I was left with the feeling that it somehow fell short though, like it was 90% there but not 100%. Not really sure why, maybe because Radcliffe's acting was pretty stiff in this one, dunno. Or maybe because there was less humor in it compared to other ones and it felt a bit "heavy"...

Well anyway it's finally over. I'd forgotten most of the smaller plot details from when I read the last book years ago, maybe will have to re-read the whole series at some point, and see if the books leave me more satisfied at the end than the movies.

LIGHT SPOILER!!!

Pauly, I felt nearly the exact same way about 7 pt 1. I thought all 3 main characters were stiff, the mood was a little stale, and the pace was slow til about the last 45 minutes. Due to the contrast in pace and action I guess pt 2 was a breath of fresh air for me but still thought it was a little anti-climatic. I expected more of a knock-down, dragged out type of battle at the end between HP and Voldemort...I also thought the epilogue could've been better/longer. At the end I was thinking "10 years and 8 movies for that ending?!"

jomari said:
mzpro5 said:

Thank you! will watch later.

While we're at it, i use this website to track what new movies are available for Netflix streaming... hoping it helps out others as well. i prefer the older version of their site, found at the bottom portion of the site...

http://instantwatcher.com/

Thanks jomari nice site.

I'm not overly pleased with the format for browsing movies on the NF site. They make you hunt.

I run across a number of movies that never seem to make it for display on their site but are available for streaming.

no worries mz, i actually use this website a lot since its acceptable via work dwarves criteria. you can also check on their older site, which is linked at the bottom end. this shows the most recent ones without using the dragbar on top.

im working on centurion, very interesting! i do tho, feel that the whole blood splatter part was overtly done a gazillion times. i DO love that they slashed peoples heads tho.

im in the middle where the big balls of fire came down on them.

great movie!

Back