• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Von Ryan's Express is one of my all time favorites I've owned the DVD for years and love the cast of characters, love the scene where they get the priest to portray a nazi commander.

streaming by chance?

if not, will buy.

setup for the weekend,

outland.jpg

Wow, that takes me back. I remember watching that one as a kid, near when it first came on HBO. Don't remember anything whatsoever about the plot details, though!

PaulyT said:
Wow, that takes me back. I remember watching that one as a kid, near when it first came on HBO. Don't remember anything whatsoever about the plot details, though!

well, its been re-released on blu-ray, last tuesday. good transfer, excellent audio and video.

more or less you can wait out until the 15th and use the upgrade and save promo they're doing again. (bring in any dvd, they give you a $5 coupon to purchase a blu-ray 9.99 and above.)

Act of Valor
MV5BMTY3NDQxMDAzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzEyNjgzNw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

It's a good action flick. Acting isn't much to speak of (real Navy Seals instead of pro actors?) but the shoot out scenes and the camera angles are pretty good. At times I was totally at the edge of my seat. It's rated R and has some bloody scenes but not too much compared to 2012 standard. If you like military action flick, this is a good pick. 3 stars out of 5 from me.

Clash+of+the+Titans.jpg

I was totally unprepared for this flick. I would've needed two boxes of wine to go with this much cheese.
:doh:

wait until you hit up Wrath of the Titans,

you'd need some cheddar to go with that wine.

Safe House 3 stars

1000 Words 2 1/2 stars

ALIENS special edition on blu not enough stars to give!!! LOL!!!

lockout-blu-ray-cvr.jpg

day one blind buy for me. luc besson was in it, so i bought it.

man, i was not let down with this one. a lot of action, a good amount of one liners, and some cheezy shit acting sometimes.

i loved it.

My favorite movie from the GTG this week (aside from that little batman flick we were forced to leave the house to see) was probably Puss in Boots. Loved the movie, as did my kids. I thought the 3D on this movie was some of the best we sampled with the new pj.

mzpro5 said:
Currently watching The Great Escape on TCMHD.

great escape as in Mcqueen or great escape the series?

anyways both are excellent movies.

Just watched Tin Tin,

Wife thinks its amazingly amusing. i loved it because im reminiscent of my past 'comic' days prior to DC and Marvel.

i wish they did Asterix too.

PaulyT said:
My favorite movie from the GTG this week (aside from that little batman flick we were forced to leave the house to see) was probably Puss in Boots. Loved the movie, as did my kids. I thought the 3D on this movie was some of the best we sampled with the new pj.

We watched it on the new projector (2d) yesterday AM before we left Bats and it was really entertaining! What a great way to wrap up a 5 day weekend!

61VKhLi4FqL.jpg

Barb and I thought that this was a BLAST!!! OMFG!!!!

AWESOME................

WISH THERE WERE MORE LIKE THIS ONE!!! :text-bravo: :text-+1: :laughing-rolling: :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered: :handgestures-thumbup: :eusa-clap: :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Never saw The Patriot with Mel Gibson until the weekend,

thought it was pretty decent. its spot on when people called it braveheart 2.0...

not bad, but couldve been better. nonetheless a good flick to waste time on.

How about we were soldiers? good movie?

id love to see more civil war flicks, just because assassins creed is around the corner. :D

jomari said:
lockout-blu-ray-cvr.jpg

day one blind buy for me. luc besson was in it, so i bought it.

man, i was not let down with this one. a lot of action, a good amount of one liners, and some cheezy shit acting sometimes.

i loved it.

Watched this one on the home theater last night. I agree this was one hell of a fun movie. Pretty much went over my expectations.

walls said:
Watched this one on the home theater last night. I agree this was one hell of a fun movie. Pretty much went over my expectations.

Glad you liked it walls! gotta love the one liners in this movie...

pretty much the same er... 'fun' as 21 jumpstreet.

Lockout is a good solid movie im glad i bought.

Back