• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

21 Jumpstreet... and it was not horrible. I went in with LOW expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

Watched The Hunger Games and I'm sure if I was a 12 year old girl I'd be impressed with the movie but I thought it was stupid. Also watched American Pie Reunion. Some funny scenes but glad it was a Redbox rental.

I've not read or seen The Hunger Games. My kids and several of my friends are big fans though. The all pretty much agreed that w/o reading the book the movie wasn't good.

Considering all the hype, I can't think of a recent movie that disappointed me more than The Hunger Games... :handgestures-thumbdown:

Tonight I watched a movie I haven't seen in 25 years and forgot how suspenseful it was. Brian de Palma's "Blow Out" with a young John Travolta and John Lithgow about a sound engineer who accidentally records the murder of a politician. Have to say I had forgotten about this film but dvr'd it last week when Cinemax was having their free preview. For those who haven't seen it, very suspenseful and enjoyable film.

Tonight also Netflix "Elevator" saw it was just released on Redbox and was surprised to see it on Netflix streaming. Story is nine people are trapped on an elevator on their way to a businessman's Retirement party and one person on the elevator has a bomb. Will say the movie isn't the best out there and had a pretty crappy ending but was worthy of a suspenseful watch. You liked some of the people, hoped others wouldn't make it and there is a little girl on the elevator that you just wanted to die a horrible death but again was worthy of watch.

battleship.jpg

Bad script. Cheesy acting. Terrible dialog.
Great movie. LOL

It could have been EPIC with a good script and cast.
Or it could have been awesome if they had gone all-the-way-cheesy which they tried in many scenes. But the actors just couldn't pull off either direction.
It's too bad because the cinematography, special effects, and explosion and death ratio were KICK ASS!!

Matt, I don't watch many movies but have seen Blow Out, great flick! I remember de Palma did a lot of 360-degree panning in the movie.

No-L said:
battleship.jpg

Bad script. Cheesy acting. Terrible dialog.
Great movie. LOL

It could have been EPIC with a good script and cast.
Or it could have been awesome if they had gone all-the-way-cheesy which they tried in many scenes. But the actors just couldn't pull off either direction.
It's too bad because the cinematography, special effects, and explosion and death ratio were KICK ASS!!

It was criminal how Liam Neeson took the money and phoned in his part other than that the steel chewing drones were cool.

John Carter
51ga9DF0L3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

IMO, it's not as bad as it's been criticized to be. A bit long but CGI is top notch and the story is good (far better than many movies in recent years). Lynn Collins is hot. Some actors are English (accent) and their dialogue had to be replayed often just to understand what they said. It's bit slow at the beginning but things pick up and the ending is one of the best I've seen in years and because of it, it went from 3 stars to 4 stars out of 5 from me. :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupright: :eusa-clap:

glad you liked john carter. i thought ' its disney so it MUST come with some cheese in it'.... apparently it didnt. i too had low expectations but man, its amazingly entertaining. like seeing the guy from deadwood become better.

too bad about battleship... was it really that bad guys?

im going to rent this one out then.

anyone seen pirates yet?

thanks!

DIYer said:
John Carter
51ga9DF0L3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

IMO, it's not as bad as it's been criticized to be. A bit long but CGI is top notch and the story is good (far better than many movies in recent years). Lynn Collins is hot. Some actors are English (accent) and their dialogue had to be replayed often just to understand what they said. It's bit slow at the beginning but things pick up and the ending is one of the best I've seen in years and because of it, it went from 3 stars to 4 stars out of 5 from me. :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupright: :eusa-clap:

Yeah I just watched this for the first time a few days ago. Agreed, with no expectations and not being at all familiar with the story, I thought it was pretty decent.

dictator-movie-poster.jpeg

Ridiculous, stupid, non-stop slapstick humor.
I had VERY low expectations, assuming all the funny gags had been shown on the previews, but I ended up chuckling through the entire movie.
If you like dumb humor - you will enjoy this!

No-L said:
Pretty cool.

Faster-DVD.jpg
:handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

(I'm pretty sure my copy is only a two-disk set; there's also a sequel out, Fastest)

battleship wasnt that bad, but i didnt realize john carter was in it.

man, rihanna looked terrible with that haircut.

not bad, but definitely worth a rental.

Jamari you should see the picture of Rihanna from page one of The funniest picture thread.

The Hunger Games
86217_gal.jpg

Very interesting, mainly for being something different. Same concept as The Truman Show (1998, Jim Carrey) but has more action and suspense. It's a well crafted movie. Editing is good, screenplay is good IMO and audio is very good (some demo material for explosion scenes). Only thing I would gripe about is the shaky camera at first 1/3 of movie. Even though it's mostly kids in action, it would do fine for the adults. 4 stars out of 5 from me. :handgestures-thumbup:

watched Pirates, the animated one...

i loved the humor. a bit on the lighter end tho, and well, its no 21 jumpstreet nor a bit more 'adult' compared to others. but it was nice. a good change of pace. dry, good children humor...

pirates-650x487.jpg

rental in my books. :handgestures-thumbup:

Brotherhood of the wolves

i still love this movie, but at times i can cut thru the cheese...

brotherhood_of_the_wolf__le_pacte_des_loups____director_s_cut_dvd.jpg

still an awesome movie.

now i realize how much i save when i still have netflix. :happy-smileygiantred:

Back