• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

This is an absolutely amazing movie. Mentioned it awhile back. On my top 20;if you ask me.

Pauly watched Mary and Max tonight. Never would've seen this without your recommendation I enjoyed the movie and animation very much. Some hilarious scenes (especially the gravestones and Max explaining where babies come from) thanks for clueing me onto this movie.

Just watched "God Bless America" they showed the movie at Bats gtg but I missed it but heard everyone talk about it. A very dark dark comedy but there was so much truth to that movie and how America worships talentless spoiled assholes and how one man and his teenage sidekick decide to right what's wrong with people. I will say that every death in the movie was well deserved and you feel guilty cheering for the bad guy but come on, how many of us have wanted to kill a guy talking on a cell phone in a theater or blow up those spoiled rotten teens on "My sweet sixteen". Seriously what is wrong with parents spending 100 grand on a birthday party just to watch the brat throw a fit because the 50,000 car was the wrong color. Lord this movie made me feel angry and satisfied at the same time. It's a shame a movie like this never became main stream enough to wake up the morons and idiots of the world.

Srvy said:
jomari said:
Never saw The Patriot with Mel Gibson until the weekend,

thought it was pretty decent. its spot on when people called it braveheart 2.0...

not bad, but couldve been better. nonetheless a good flick to waste time on.

How about we were soldiers? good movie?

id love to see more civil war flicks, just because assassins creed is around the corner. :D

We Were Soldiers and Tears of the Sun both excellent IMO.

My favorite Civil War movie is still Gettysburg a tv mini series based off the book The Killer Angels. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend for its historical accuracy.

Gettysburg was a great movie but not a TV miniseries. It was a Theatrical release. I know because I drove over an hour to see it. Being over 4 hours long it had an intermission, something we don't see anymore.

I can recall a fair number of movies that had intermissions that I saw in the theater. Dr Zhivago and Bridge on the River Kwai come to mind.

31299_large.jpg

This one was not bad at all...............

heeman said:
51p%2B2yvDUaL.jpg

Not great.......Not Bad................

Good, accurate review.
Except you left out the part about her being HOT AS HELL!!!!!!

YUM!
:gay-imgay:

No-L said:
^^Agreed. I enjoyed it.

This scene didn't hurt.........SPOILER ALERT!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv9KMztatc0[/youtube]

:happy-smileygiantred:

Finally got around to watching Hugo tonight - thanks for the loan, Batman! Great movie, wife and I enjoyed it very much.

Just purchased blu-rays of Hugo, Puss&Boots, and Mary&Max. :handgestures-thumbup: And since I still occasionally read an actual book :laughing: I also got the book on which Hugo is based, should be interesting to compare.

Grandson is over so we watched The Lorax and Despicable Me. I have Hugo and Puss&Boots but need to check out Mary & Max.

Since my home theater got better, I much prefer watching movies at home.

Nice to see three guys can remain friends and remain normal after almost 40 years in the business.
Only complaint...Jack Black...really...Jack Black.. WTF!!!

71XONQtxebL.jpg

mcad64 said:
Nice to see three guys can remain friends and remain normal after almost 40 years in the business.
Only complaint...Jack Black...really...Jack Black.. WTF!!!

71XONQtxebL.jpg

:text-bravo: This is a must for any Rush Fan, or someone that is interested in one of the Best Bands Of All Time!

Zing said:

Is this based on the comic strip charector?

I was a big Phantom fan as a kid and have seen the Billy Zane movie version about "The Ghost Who Walks".

To answer your question, I found it surprisingly good but my expectations of it were either extremely low or non-existent and I think that's largely why I liked it so much.

The reason(s) I bought it to begin with was because I was checking out Blu-ray.com's reviews of a bunch of superhero movies and noticed there were two Phantoms: one with Billy Zane (that had horrible reviews across the board) and this one (that had slightly better reviews). Seeing as how it was just $7 on Amazon, I threw caution to wind and bought it.

Zing said:
To answer your question, I found it surprisingly good but my expectations of it were either extremely low or non-existent and I think that's largely why I liked it so much.

The reason(s) I bought it to begin with was because I was checking out Blu-ray.com's reviews of a bunch of superhero movies and noticed there were two Phantoms: one with Billy Zane (that had horrible reviews across the board) and this one (that had slightly better reviews). Seeing as how it was just $7 on Amazon, I threw caution to wind and bought it.
The Billy Zane version would have been good served with a nice wine and crackers. It is available on NF streaming.

Thanks I went ahead and ordered the new one

Back