• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Batman said:
Apparently the director was under a lot of duress from the studio. He is said to have had 9 out of his every 10 good ideas shot down at great regularity.
That's nothing new when it comes to creative work like movie, art, design and etc. Often the ones who foot the bill or politicians have a big say on how it should turn out and they are not the ones with the creative talent. I've seen the footage, sketches or scripts on the cutting room floor and often get very disappointed at what got cut or altered.

I have Ender's Game on the docket for this evening or tomorrow. Another one I wanted to see at IMAX but the schedule didn't allow. I'll post my thoughts after.

^-- I need to see that...

Finally got a blu-ray of Ratatouille. I know it's not generally the most popular of the Pixar movies, but this one really does it for me. I love the plot, the setting, the colors, the animation... all of it. That moment when Anton takes a bite of the food and is transported back to his childhood - that gets me every time.

511pMVAwuAL.jpg

I scored an HD UV copy of Ender's Game for $8.50 last night on one of my sites and plan to watch it this weekend.

CMonster said:
Redboxed two movies today...

Kick-Ass 2 was better than expected. Not nearly as good as the first but not too bad.

Elysium was horrible, absolutely horrible. Easily in the top 10 of worst movies we've paid money to see. At least it was only $0.815 per person and the soundtrack was well done.

Totally agree, Elysium sucked ass.

PaulyT said:
Finally got a blu-ray of Ratatouille. I know it's not generally the most popular of the Pixar movies, but this one really does it for me. I love the plot, the setting, the colors, the animation... all of it. That moment when Anton takes a bite of the food and is transported back to his childhood - that gets me every time.

511pMVAwuAL.jpg

Zing & I are both fans of Ratatouille as well Pauly. I agree with your review.

We just may have to watch it again soon! ;)

Watched Ender's Game last night...I've never read the book, so I can't speak to it's faithfulness, but I thought the movie could've been better. 2.5/4

escape plan

in a nutshell, not bad, not bad at all. it wasnt like expendables, but aside from a bit of predictability here and there, it was definitely a nice movie.

good rental.

A Zing pick tonight...

mC65y7GaYG8VcSZIjxJu7rQ.jpg

Maybe he will share his thoughts????

What I viewed was awesome, I was in & out of the theater this evening. I really enjoyed the street bike scene!

We watched this one for the 4th time, however not recently. Each time we watch we pick up on different things throughout....

26539_large.jpg

IMHO that was the worst of the Bourne movies. Not terrible, just not as good as the first three. I think Mat Damon said it best. During an interview he said he was approached with a script and after reading it thought the title should be The Bourne Redundancy.

^ You can laugh if you want....................I never saw the others................ :scared-eek:

Really enjoyed this one!

Heeman you really have to watch the first three Bourne movies in order. They are far better than the Bourne Legacy.

Tonight I watched "The Flowers of War" based on a coworkers recommendation. It's based on a true story of a Mortician played by Christian Bale who is at the wrong place at the wrong time during WW II and has to pretend to be a priest to save 12 young school girls and 12 prostitutes who have hidden Ina church when their city is invaded by Japanese forces. I found it was a great story with great acting. What they all sacrificed to try and survive. If you get the chance it's worthy of a watch. Here's the trailer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV5rw3oTJMw[/youtube]

heeman said:
^ You can laugh if you want....................I never saw the others................ :scared-eek:

Really enjoyed this one!

Then you're going to love the first three in the series. Like Mat said, watch them in order.
  • The Bourne Identity (2002)
    The Bourne Supremacy (2004)
    The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)

Back