• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Batman

Staff member
Famous
A.jpg

MV5BMjA5NDQyMjc2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjg5ODcyMw@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

.... though only in old-fashioned 2D.

Finished "How to Tame your Dragon" tonight. The second half was MUCH better; good movie.
Oooh, I just saw poopamoosie's Hyundai commercial! w00t! :handgestures-thumbup:

Went and saw Tangled with my daughter.

Great film for some father/daughter bonding.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN4OKH-zswk[/youtube]

D

I watched 5 episodes of Terriers I had on the DVR.

Mongol

The Last Airbender (terrible movie with nice sound and PQ)

Last night I watched what has become one of my favorite movies at the moment...

boondock-saints-bluray.jpg

Despicable-Me-Blu-ray-box-art.jpg

Cute flick, my kids enjoy it a lot. I thought the animation was up there in terms of depth w/i the image. It's amazing how far these cgi animated movies have come...

Batman said:
Despicable-Me

Cute flick, my kids enjoy it a lot. I thought the animation was up there in terms of depth w/i the image. It's amazing how far these cgi animated movies have come...

Watched this tonight and I thought it was FANTASTIC !!! Great story, great acting... one of my new favorites.

The picture quality was about as good as I can recall seeing. There were scenes that looked practically 3D. This was shown in 3D at theaters, wasn't it?

^ T7 yes it was in theaters in 3D. In fact I purchased the 3D version. So far as I can tell, most if not all the animated movies that are released in 3D come with the 2D version also. It is my intention, from now on, to purchase the 3D version of animated movies if they are sold that way, just in case. Needless to say I watched the 2D version last night and was blown away by the PQ...

Saw Tangled with my family yesterday......

Thought it was a great movie and would recommend it if you have younger children.

the_town_bluray.jpg

Wife and I enjoyed it Thursday night, not quite on par with HEAT, but a more than serviceable heist movie...

black-swan-movie-poster-338x500.jpg

Wife and I saw this one yesterday. I really wanted to enjoy this one going into it, and it started pretty strong, but it went in directions I didn't anticipate. Aside from a couple scenes which by now are infamous, I didn't care for this one much when all was said and done. That's all I say as I'll let those who see it decide for themselves...

Since the start of Christmas vacation, my family has watched:

Batman Begins
Christmas Carol
Clash of the Titans
Dark Knight
Dirty Dancing
Home Alone
Killers
Knight and Day
MacGruber
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
National Lampoons Vacation
Salt
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
Serenity
Sorcerer's Apprentice
The Last Airbender
Toy Story 3
Vampires Suck

and yes, that's a bit of a mixed bag.

Towen7 said:

Under no circumstances should you watch the sequel....it's horrible, so much so I wanted to turn it off. Keep your memory of this one untainted. I'm not exaggerating!

I just finished watching the first two films of what is shaping up to be an excellent trilogy: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played with Fire. These are Swedish mystery thrillers centered around a complicated young women with a terrible past that is gradually revealed as the story progresses. Great character development, excellent story telling, solid pacing and compelling acting. I don't usually go for indy/euro movies, but these rock.

-B- said:
Towen7 said:

Under no circumstances should you watch the sequel....it's horrible, so much so I wanted to turn it off. Keep your memory of this one untainted. I'm not exaggerating!

TOO LATE.
I enjoyed the first one so much that I went out and bought the BD of both parts. I had to rewatch the first one to erase the memory of part II.

I went into this with low expectations and it turned out to be worse than I thought. If you want to watch a depressed George Clooney walk through Italian alleys this one is for you.

518hs7IZ-iL.jpg

Haywood said:
I just finished watching the first two films of what is shaping up to be an excellent trilogy: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played with Fire. These are Swedish mystery thrillers centered around a complicated young women with a terrible past that is gradually revealed as the story progresses. Great character development, excellent story telling, solid pacing and compelling acting. I don't usually go for indy/euro movies, but these rock.

Check out the European cinema thread. ;)

Agreed, just watched both of these over the past couple of weeks, and am anxiously awaiting the release of the 3rd late this month. I also bought a set of all the books that amazon had on gold box.

So it may be worth checking out "The Girl Who Played With Fire" after all. I rolled the dice on the first one based on tons of rave reviews and I really enjoyed that one. I felt it could stand on it own for the most part, so I have been hesitant to check this one out based on REALLY mixed reviews...but if Haywood and Pauly say so...

Back