• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Agree with your sentiment of Dunkirk. It wasn't bad but I expected a bit more.

I cant put my finger on why but something about the trailer gave me the impression that would be the case for me too. As noted by @Batman, being a Nolan flick I know the production value and cinematography would be top notch.

I watched Darkest Hour this past weekend and was hugely impressed by Gary Oldman's performance - as well as the supporting cast.

From the moment I saw Oldman in the Churchill role I was excited about this one.
To be honest there is so much Churchill material available that I'm shocked there aren't a lot more feature films around his life being put out by A list actors and production teams.

I loved, loved, loved Dunkirk. I watched it at a great IMAX theater and I was totally engrossed the entire time and as the story was revealed through individual actions of the heroes was emotionally lifting.

Did I mention I loved it!?

Justice League

Not bad. Had its moments. More character development and less shit blowing up would have made it a lot better - but I'm obviously outside their target market.

I'm trying to watch as many Oscar contenders as possible prior to the awards.

This evening it was Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. I really really enjoyed it. Compelling characters with extremely well-written dialogue. McDormand was incredible - as always.

Gotta be seen as a serious contender in every category it's nominated in.

Jeff

ps. Hoping to watch Lady Bird this weekend.

I've been getting sick of all the comic book movies so I was planning on passing on them for awhile with the exception of Deadpool 2. Well, all the Black Panther hype got me and the wife to the theater last night, and man, that was a good flick - we really enjoyed it.

Saw Black Panther this weekend too. I’d give it an 8/10. We enjoyed it.

Yesterday Daniel and I went and saw Hostiles. I really liked it. A little on the slow side but I’d give that one a 9/10. Late last week Jo and I watched Dallas Buyers Club and The Imitation Game, liked both. Last night Daniel and I finished the weekend off with 3:10 to Yuma.

Went back a few years in our Blu-ray collection and watched 9. I had forgotten how good the animation and story line are.
9.jpg

Tried to watch the latest Star Wars
Is it just me, or do they really suck since Disney took them over?

Watched Down Sizing interesting movie. Kinda liked it.

Then last night, watched Daddy's Home 2

We finally watched Sully, though it was good.............

and Deep Water Horizon, this one has special meanings to our family, because my brother was part of the Transocean Commissioning Team when it was being built in South Korea. He also sailed on it from Korea to the Gulf. He left Transocean many years before this disaster. We thought the movie was good, but after discussions with my brother, it is a movie, not even close to reality.

my dad also lived on rigs. he was an analyst tho, so not much respect for his kind on the field. it was the main reason why we lived in several asian countries too, all supported and paid for by dresser magcobar.

ironically, my uncle too worked for them, and lucked out one day when an oil rig went to shit the day after he had a gut feeling and left the night before.

Stumbled across Little Evil on Netflix yesterday. It stars Adam Scott and Evangeline Lily, and overall not a bad movie. It's about a little boy who may or may not have been conceived by Satan himself. With Adam Scott in it, I figured they were would be a bit more humor in it, and there is at times, but soemtimes the jokes fall a little flat. Lots of recognizable faces in it in bit parts here and there. Worthy of watching if you like those tongue in cheek scary movies.

I will say that Netflix needs a better marketing department. Listening to the Howard Stern show on the way home from Florida, he had interviewed Rob Schneider, and it was mentioned he was doing a second season of his show on Netflix. Didn't know he had a first, which I guess he funded himself, and Netflix purchased. Watched the first episode yesterday and couldn't watch anymore as I felt the wife would enjoy it as well. The first episode was pretty funny, and looked great in 4K.

A Valentine’s Day gift from Zing. Viewed, last evening. Luv the Despicable Me series.

49737866-1-zoom.jpg

Saw Annihilation yesterday. Not bad, it’s from the director of Ex Machina. It’s an out there concept but holds up for the most part. I can see where some will say it goes off the rails a bit at the end. But we liked it overall.

Watched Coco (2017) this morning with my grandson.

We both really enjoyed it.

I'm a little surprised that it did not get a 2018 Best Picture Oscar nomination. I thought it was easily better than Dunkirk - which made the list - and possibly others.

Jeff

Watched Coco (2017) this morning with my grandson.

We both really enjoyed it.

I'm a little surprised that it did not get a 2018 Best Picture Oscar nomination. I thought it was easily better than Dunkirk - which made the list - and possibly others.

Jeff
Saw it twice at the theater. I think my girls enjoyed it with the Mexican culture since they are 50% Mexican and they go to Mexico several times a year. A well thought out movie covering death. I was truly surprised on how well they handled the subject matter.

Game Night at the theater over the weekend. It was better than I expected. Really enjoyed that movie a lot.

Jason Bateman, Rachel McAdams, Kyle Chandler were all great, and Jesse Plemons as the next door neighbor was fantastic.

I wanted to check that out too this weekend, but we couldn’t make the time.

Back