• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

i rescind my thoughts completely on the joker movie.

more to follow, in a nutshell, its a great piece of work.
That was an about-face pretty damn quick, what drew you to that conclusion?

i watched it. thats essentially it.

as a batman fan like you, i liked toe original concept of the joker, being his arch nemesis, up to around the good ol dark knight part. afterwards, i havent had the chance to read up other renditions of the joker.

i also dont like joaquin phoenix. ever since the gladiator as maximus aerelius (?), i just cant stand him. plus the history always saying he was flying on borrowed wings from his brother.

sorry, battling a bad migraine so i will share my thoughts on this movie. coincidentally the timing feels, er... bad or 'too soon' as comedians refer to.

i liked a few things, and will share later on.

so as the title suggest, the gist of my thoughts,

it is a very well crafted movie.

the film started a bit slow, but after finishing it, it felt paced properly, showing, developing the environment, the times, the people around it.

character development was one of its key points here, and phoenix did an outstanding job.

at one point, i honestly i did NOT think that it was
wait for it, was a delusion he was in with the neighbor, or the fact that there was a glimpse of somewhat hope, that he had found a good amount of normalcy.

the part where
he was watching deniro (was that dentures? because if it was, its as good as an example of what the film can show - a figment of a fairy tale good enough to make you think twice if it was real or not) do his show, and he was put into the spotlight, i kinda knew it was a figment of his day dreaming

then there is the transformation. the moment where he becomes 'himself' - that part was amazing.

at a certain point, i could not differentiate who was the joker, and where did that bullied victim disappear to.

it was painful to see the riots, given the times were are in (or was in, at least when i was watching this), and didnt want this to become true.

definitely a one viewing for me, but im sure, if i had the opportunity to enjoy a good film again, this is on my list.

Last edited:
just a heads up,

The witch part 1 subversion is going live tomorrow on netflix.

major reason why i try not avoid buying korean blu-rays, some if not most of my movies are on it at one point or another.

the only ones that didnt go on was

bittersweet life
a new world
veteran
a man from nowhere

all excellent movies.

The witch was good, but mainly an introduction to the character. action scenese only towards the end. good for a watch, but not to purchase.

Excellent movie, yes a dramatization, but based on a true story.

GUEST_0013333e-46f5-4a35-8d9f-77e8b4e183be

814YWED8NPL._SL1500_.jpg

Very good documentary If you are interested in special effects this is the film.

Available for free on Prime

Watched The Lodge the other night. Super slow burn horror movie. Very grim. Like if they let Lars Von Trier direct Hereditary. Definitely not for everyone. Quite a puzzle of cult/religion themes and very slow to unravel. But if you are into the slow burn psycho thriller genre check it out.

I agree with Paul. Really enjoyed Just Mercy, for those that have Vudu they are offering the movie free to watch this month with no edits and no commercial breaks and you can even watch the 4k version free. After I watched it Vudu let me buy the 4k version for 3.99 was worth it.

Also saw The Invisible Man loved this version over previous versions of this movie. Very suspenseful and great special effects.

I agree with Paul. Really enjoyed Just Mercy, for those that have Vudu they are offering the movie free to watch this month with no edits and no commercial breaks and you can even watch the 4k version free. After I watched it Vudu let me buy the 4k version for 3.99 was worth it.

Also saw The Invisible Man loved this version over previous versions of this movie. Very suspenseful and great special effects.

woah, nice to see you ghost... :D

The new Will Farrell movie on Netflix called Eurovision is literally almost a scene by scene formulaic remake of Blades of Glory only this time it's about singing instead of figure skating. Not that it wasn't amusing here and there but it felt super lazy like they basically remade the same movie with minor tweaks.

The new Will Farrell movie on Netflix called Eurovision is literally almost a scene by scene formulaic remake of Blades of Glory only this time it's about singing instead of figure skating. Not that it wasn't amusing here and there but it felt super lazy like they basically remade the same movie with minor tweaks.

At the risk of being ostracized I cannot stand Will Ferrell

At the risk of being ostracized I cannot stand Will Ferrell

I enjoyed his earlier comedy and SNL skits and was just hoping for something light and amusing after a long week but it was so redundant and lazy I was honestly surprised it even got made.

I enjoyed his earlier comedy and SNL skits and was just hoping for something light and amusing after a long week but it was so redundant and lazy I was honestly surprised it even got made.
My dislike also includes Rob Schnieder and David Spade . I find that they do "easy" comedy. Silly and simple.

He like the others are good performers but they are not good comedy writers. They are best in short bursts performing what good comedy writers create

Back