• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

anna was a bit meh for me.

the girl spiders web was AWESOME.

invisible man was... hmm... slow asf. and the ending was well, i didnt see that coming.

I really wanted this to be good it just wasn't. A couple of decent action scenes otherwise cliche and unremarkable. Oh well.

I watched yesterday IMO it was ok not great but passed the time

Same here. I had to kill 2hrs with a friend because we misread the start time of the UFC prelim fights and so we watched this. Not completely horrible just kind of meh... Highlander meets John Wick's action director.

:)

darn it, okay, at least its charlize theron.

she IS immortal, you know that right?

anyways, i watched into the fade as monkey suggested,

in a nutshell, its a good movie, superb acting, and as much as i wanted to, i expected more action, more gunshots, more boom! - typical american movie expectations.

this is a german movie. and a very, very well done one. the pacing may be a bit slow for the american audience. but hey, so are japanese movies. and korean movies. and er... some chinese movies.... so, is it the movie making, or the audience that needs to learn? *wink*

and she is familiar because she was in nicolas 'johnny' cage movie, national treasure.

Last edited:
Rhythm Section was a mixed bag and had a bit of an identity crisis IMO. If at one end of the spectrum you have a raw, dark movie like In The Fade where the main character has suffered terrible loss of family, is full of pain and rage and also woefully under equipped to do anything about it but persists and proceeds to do so anyway... and at the other end of the spectrum you have slick stylized action hero driven assassin movies like John Wick or Hitman or similar... with maybe the Bourne movies landing somewhere in the middle... Rhythm Section couldn't decide where to land. There were dark and gritty parts (well done and well acted IMO by Blake Lively) and then more polished campy parts and the story felt kind of random. I liked many pieces of the movie but I think it would have been better as a whole if it just stayed on one stylistic path (which for me would have been the grittier path which I felt was more successfully and plausibly portrayed). The dynamic between Lively's character and her revenge mentor Jude Law was good IMO. Worth watching just not exceptional. If you want to see the real deal check out In The Fade. Diane Kruger should probably have won an Oscar for this role IMO. And Lively clearly studied this performance to model at least the first part of Rhythm Section where she was nearly broken by her grief. In The Fade is like the grown up version, stays on point throughout and is a heartbreaking character study of grief and revenge. One of my favorite unsung movies in the past decade or so and slipped well under the radar.

here is monkeys study on the movie...

you know what movie this reminded me of? it wasnt Rhythm section, and i was wrecking my brain out trying to remember...

The foreigner.

THATS the movie i started to recall.

Finally watched Gretel and Hansel. Was waiting for the right movie watching friend to be in town. Very much a simple fairy tale story telling style. Eye candy level cinematography. Story interpretation itself was maybe a little meh and definitely on the slow burn horror side. But the look, sound and style of the movie was enough to keep my attention. Would probably only recommend if the trailer appealed to you and you liked similar slow burn stylized period horror films like The Witch or Hagazussa.

Last edited:
Back