• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Re-watched Let The Right One In on Friday night with some friends who had never seen it... it's the original Swedish version of Let Me In. The Hollywood remake is unremarkable but the original is solidly on my top ten films list. It's been several years since I have seen it and I forgot how much I really liked that film. Reading the book definitely enhances the movie but is not totally necessary. And be aware that there are two different US releases. Same edit and run time but the initial release has simplified (dumbed down) subtitles and the second release has the full English translation. I actually recommend watching the dumbed down version first to keep things simple while taking in the visuals... simpler subtitles are less distracting. Then read the book. Then watch the the fleshed out version because then the more detailed subtitles will actually make a lot more sense. Only of course if you actually like the movie enough to commit this amount of time.

Meh..........

6216401_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

we recently had hbo etc stuff for free, and took advantage of it.

one movie that made me stay, and sit, and dont bother waiting for the recording to stop, was this one...

the professor and the madman, absolutely stunning! i watched it but got into it later in, like 30 minutes after it started.

418461246202%3A500.jpg

its a great movie. its not on blu-ray yet, but man, what a great movie.
just thought id share this, its on netflix soon, i think this month. hopefully others can enjoy this movie.

a bit of gruesome parts, but in essence a great 2 hours spent.

The Irishman

MV5BMGUyM2ZiZmUtMWY0OC00NTQ4LThkOGUtNjY2NjkzMDJiMWMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_.jpg

I watched this yesterday. At 3.5 hours long it is a bit of a slog. A Scorsese movie no doubt.
i am no history buff, but mzpro, what did really happen to hoffa? my friend said no one truly knows.

it was a good movie, no doubt, but as mentioned, it was long. was it dragging? i cant say, i watched it bits and pieces, sadly. so it doesnt impact me as much due to watching over kids.

and why did everyone have to look so old?

i am no history buff, but mzpro, what did really happen to hoffa? my friend said no one truly knows.

it was a good movie, no doubt, but as mentioned, it was long. was it dragging? i cant say, i watched it bits and pieces, sadly. so it doesnt impact me as much due to watching over kids.

and why did everyone have to look so old?
Your friend is correct, no one is sure though there are a lot of theories .

They looked "old" because the people depicted were in their 40s-60s and the actors playing them are "old"

I'm not old. :( 44 isn't there yet right?

Kiddong aside, I didn't know how far teamsters reached back then.

Disclosure i am a teamster too, but never liked the idea of the union, until I became a liason during negotiations.

Streaming on Amazon from the guy who made Trollhunter. Try to stay away from spoiler reviews that will ruin the (albeit somewhat predictable) character twist. I enjoyed it probably much more then much more well known mainstream big studio versions which shall remain nameless again to avoid spoilers.

Watched Gemini Man on Amazon Prime Video last night and I was pissed that it was only in Stereo.

Not sure why but it wasnt cool.

Watched Gemini Man on Amazon Prime Video last night and I was pissed that it was only in Stereo.

Not sure why but it wasnt cool.

what wasnt cool?

gemini or stereo?

gemini man was a let down for me. apparently its technically amazing, but man, that was a will smith first.

what wasnt cool?

gemini or stereo?

gemini man was a let down for me. apparently its technically amazing, but man, that was a will smith first.
I thought the movie was ok. It was as advertised. It wasnt my favorite Will Smith movie but it wasnt a letdown for me.

Stereo was a letdown. WTF Amazon?

Stereo was a letdown. WTF Amazon?
This touches on a question I've had for quite awhile now. How in the heck did the Amazon Echo family of products get so popular, as mono sources?? I have one in my bedroom (great for wakeup alarms, early news, I don't care that it's mono) and one in the kitchen/dining room (great for trivia, timers, alarms, and playing music while I'm cooking, although with that last one it'd be nice to have a stereo setup).
I'll not bother with an Echo input into my home sound system, without at least stereo (and as Randy mentioned, 5.1) output.

This touches on a question I've had for quite awhile now. How in the heck did the Amazon Echo family of products get so popular, as mono sources?? I have one in my bedroom (great for wakeup alarms, early news, I don't care that it's mono) and one in the kitchen/dining room (great for trivia, timers, alarms, and playing music while I'm cooking, although with that last one it'd be nice to have a stereo setup).
I'll not bother with an Echo input into my home sound system, without at least stereo (and as Randy mentioned, 5.1) output.

Because our society, well at least the marketing that drives our societies wants, needs, and desires, has completely eschewed quality for convenience.

Back