• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

I haven't seen it, but I think Adam Driver is doing a very good job and keeping from being typecast as Ben Solo the rest of his career.
Adam Driver has had a pretty decent and somewhat versatile career before SW, luckily for him.

We watched "House of Gucci" Saturday night.

It was slow-ish but a pretty good watch.
i was curious about this one. i like adam driver. pretty underrated actor. even in the last duel. at least he did a better job than ben afflack.

Rainy Labor Day so we binge watched some horror flicks mostly on Netflix I think. Don't remember exactly I was napping through much of this.

1. Silence on Netflix with Stanley Tucci, the girl from the recent Ghostbusters film and others. Felt like a coat tails/me too generic genre movie after Birdbox and Quiet Place. Similar formula. Not badly done or anything just felt like we had seen it all before. No new twists or gimmicks to distinguish itself. Fell asleep once or twice but did not hate the movie.

2. Apostle also on Netflix much better and more original horror flick IMO. Very well filmed grown up horror flick with creepy bits of religious cult/sect/Pagan horror throughout. Some pretty graphic horror scenes but by no means a shock value film this was again very well made IMO. Not quite The Witch but in the same family.

3. Eli very formulaic horror flick also on Netflix the ending was supposed to be a mega twist but honestly felt more like a desperate bail out attempt after what was pretty much a ho hum boring movie. Kid with boy in a bubble alergic to everything syndrome goes to creepy medical facility to get cured and things go south from there. Would have much better if they stuck with the (spoiler warning but nothing that will ruin anyone's day) Omen twist rather then tried to drag out the uninteresting mystery/history of the medical facility and staff. I fell asleep a bunch of times during this one but I feel like didn't miss anything.

Also watched earlier this weekend Friday night...

4. Elvis which we liked a lot. Maybe it's just because I grew up with two sets of grandparents... one who lived in Memphis where my father grew up and so Elvis was a household name. And the other down in Florida but my grandmother on that side of the family was an Elvis fanatic. So his music and persona were always present during my early family upbringing. We both thought Austin Butler did a great (if not somewhat cartoonishly over the top but if the shoe fits...) job portraying Elvis throughout the stages of his career. And while everyone griped about Tom Hank's bad accent we thought he did a good job playing a pretty despicable character for maybe the first time that I can recall. The music was well done and the blending of real vs new footage was cool especially in the final scene. Also the parallel civil rights history/movement story being told along side if not a big part of Elvis's career path was well told. Free on HBO Max not sure where else this may be streaming.

Last edited:
Rainy Labor Day so we binge watched some horror flicks mostly on Netflix I think. Don't remember exactly I was napping through much of this.

1. Silence on Netflix with Stanley Tucci, the girl from the recent Ghostbusters film and others. Felt like a coat tails/me too generic genre movie after Birdbox and Quiet Place. Similar formula. Not badly done or anything just felt like we had seen it all before. No new twists or gimmicks to distinguish itself. Fell asleep once or twice but did not hate the movie.

2. Apostle also on Netflix much better and more original horror flick IMO. Very well filmed grown up horror flick with creepy bits of religious cult/sect/Pagan horror throughout. Some pretty graphic horror scenes but by no means a shock value film this was again very well made IMO. Not quite The Witch but in the same family.

3. Eli very formulaic horror flick also on Netflix the ending was supposed to be a mega twist but honestly felt more like a desperate bail out attempt after what was pretty much a ho hum boring movie. Kid with boy in a bubble alergic to everything syndrome goes to creepy medical facility to get cured and things go south from there. Would have much better if they stuck with the (spoiler warning but nothing that will ruin anyone's day) Omen twist rather then tried to drag out the uninteresting mystery/history of the medical facility and staff. I fell asleep a bunch of times during this one but I feel like didn't miss anything.

Also watched earlier this weekend Friday night...

4. Elvis which we liked a lot. Maybe it's just because I grew up with two sets of grandparents... one who lived in Memphis where my father grew up and so Elvis was a household name. And the other down in Florida but my grandmother on that side of the family was an Elvis fanatic. So his music and persona were always present during my early family upbringing. We both thought Austin Butler did a great (if not somewhat cartoonishly over the top but if the shoe fits...) job portraying Elvis throughout the stages of his career. And while everyone griped about Tom Hank's bad accent we thought he did a good job playing a pretty despicable character for maybe the first time that I can recall. The music was well done and the blending of real vs new footage was cool especially in the final scene. Also the parallel civil rights history/movement story being told along side if not a big part of Elvis's career path was well told. Free on HBO Max not sure where else this may be streaming.
I have only seen Eli. It was ok best IMO.

Watched Moonfall yesterday, and as long as you leave your mind at the door, I found it entertaining. A little disappointed they didn't go into the science a little more, and call the moon what it is instead of speaking in general scientific terms. If they do a sequel, I'd probably watch.

Watched this weekend...

1. In The Tall Grass on Netflix. From a story by Stephen King and his son (Joe Hill is his pen name) with a couple fun Stephen King Easter Egg's that are not too hard to spot. Nothing groundbreaking but decent Kingish horror flick reminded me of The Happening by M. Knight Smamalamadingdong.

2. Resurrection streaming on Amazon ($6.99 I think) with Rebecca Hall and Tim Roth. I thought they were both excellent. Hall plays a very well executed descent into madness IMO and Roth is perfectly diabolical. But I can't say that the movie itself was anywhere close to as good as their performances. Slow, bleak and with a final scene of pretty horrific gore (kinda came out of nowhere). Not unlike Men which unfolded similarly and also had great acting performances in a lost cause IMO. Watch it only if you are really into intense Hitchcock style psychological horror.

3. Best Exotic Marigold Hotel needed an antidote/cleanse after Resurrection so we watched this retirement age rom-com it was actually pretty funny and well acted the cast was stacked and not a bad little movie. I think they made a sequel might even check that out.

Watched this weekend...

1. In The Tall Grass on Netflix. From a story by Stephen King and his son (Joe Hill is his pen name) with a couple fun Stephen King Easter Egg's that are not too hard to spot. Nothing groundbreaking but decent Kingish horror flick reminded me of The Happening by M. Knight Smamalamadingdong.

2. Resurrection streaming on Amazon ($6.99 I think) with Rebecca Hall and Tim Roth. I thought they were both excellent. Hall plays a very well executed descent into madness IMO and Roth is perfectly diabolical. But I can't say that the movie itself was anywhere close to as good as their performances. Slow, bleak and with a final scene of pretty horrific gore (kinda came out of nowhere). Not unlike Men which unfolded similarly and also had great acting performances in a lost cause IMO. Watch it only if you are really into intense Hitchcock style psychological horror.

3. Best Exotic Marigold Hotel needed an antidote/cleanse after Resurrection so we watched this retirement age rom-com it was actually pretty funny and well acted the cast was stacked and not a bad little movie. I think they made a sequel might even check that out.
Based on watching the trailer from your recommendation here, the wife and I watched Best Exotic Marigold Hotel last night, and we both thought it was great. I've always loved just about anything Bill Nighy has been in, although he doesn't really shine in this, he fits right in with the rest of the cast. We started it kind of late, and figured we wouldn't finish it, but it was so entertaining that we stayed until the end. It's free to stream on Prime for those that are interested.

Based on watching the trailer from your recommendation here, the wife and I watched Best Exotic Marigold Hotel last night, and we both thought it was great. I've always loved just about anything Bill Nighy has been in, although he doesn't really shine in this, he fits right in with the rest of the cast. We started it kind of late, and figured we wouldn't finish it, but it was so entertaining that we stayed until the end. It's free to stream on Prime for those that are interested.
It was cheesy formula type movie but we thought transcended the genre a bit and was surprisingly entertaining. I'd watch Bill Nighy in anything he's great.

No idea what this is all about but I like (1) horror movies and (2) audio. So I figure it can't be all bad. Like a demonic twist/retelling of Brian DePalma's 1981 film Blowout with John Travolta maybe?

It was cheesy formula type movie but we thought transcended the genre a bit and was surprisingly entertaining. I'd watch Bill Nighy in anything he's great.
Very entertaining, and it definitely showed the difference in cultures, while being mostly cute at the same time. I did not see what was coming with Tom Wilkinsons character, but that part of the story was told very touchingly. Hated the bitch wife of Nighy though. lol

Watched Moonfall yesterday, and as long as you leave your mind at the door, I found it entertaining. A little disappointed they didn't go into the science a little more, and call the moon what it is instead of speaking in general scientific terms. If they do a sequel, I'd probably watch.
I watched this as well, really REALLY stupid but I still loved it. Lol

I watched this as well, really REALLY stupid but I still loved it. Lol
I did as well, and wouldn't mind if there was a sequel. Maybe it will be reversed compared to Independence and the 2nd one will be the better one? lol Even though he pretty much played the same character from GOTS, the English guy, IMHO, was the star of the movie.

I did as well, and wouldn't mind if there was a sequel. Maybe it will be reversed compared to Independence and the 2nd one will be the better one? lol Even though he pretty much played the same character from GOTS, the English guy, IMHO, was the star of the movie.
Agree completely, I’m fairly certain he can’t play anything else.

I will also add that I watched this in my garage “ theater” and the sound was really impressive for streaming. My one complaint about streaming vs. a physical disc is that the sound is usually subpar or overly compressed. I watched this on HBO and the sound was extremely close to Blu-ray quality.

Agree completely, I’m fairly certain he can’t play anything else.

I will also add that I watched this in my garage “ theater” and the sound was really impressive for streaming. My one complaint about streaming vs. a physical disc is that the sound is usually subpar or overly compressed. I watched this on HBO and the sound was extremely close to Blu-ray quality.
Both the picture and sound quality where excellent for sure, although I wish HBO would release the new movies in 4K, like they did with that awful movie Wonder Woman 1984.

Both the picture and sound quality where excellent for sure, although I wish HBO would release the new movies in 4K, like they did with that awful movie Wonder Woman 1984.
If you like these kinds of films check out Greenland, really good for what it is.

Back