• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

I know I'm pretty late to the party, but I've been digging Halestorm recently. This is the song that won them a grammy. Lzzy Hale is pretty amazing. I heard her do a Heart cover and she can definitely go toe-to-toe with Ann Wilson.

Jeff Wayne's war of the worlds.
:thumbsup:

Bought the original double vinyl album back in '78 and remember hosting an album party in my dorm room one evening. A dozen or so people in a small room; lots of weed; killer sound system; great album.

Nowadays I spin the SACD every year or two in my main HT for nostalgia sake.

Jeff

:thumbsup:

Bought the original double vinyl album back in '78 and remember hosting an album party in my dorm room one evening. A dozen or so people in a small room; lots of weed; killer sound system; great album.

Nowadays I spin the SACD every year or two in my main HT for nostalgia sake.

Jeff
That's cool.
I also have the original release. I was about 13 when I found the record for sale in a small record store in Philly. How does the SACD version sound?

I've also been enjoying some Kaki King recently.
51dDYijZkPL.jpg

That's cool.
I also have the original release. I was about 13 when I found the record for sale in a small record store in Philly. How does the SACD version sound?
The 5.1 surround mix is fantastic. Excellent use of the 5 channels.

My only quibble, and it's a small one, is that they never remastered it to include any real LFE. Understandable that the original vinyl did not contain any ultra-lows, but the whole theme really does call for it, and since you're going through the trouble to issue it on SACD, why not use that LFE channel to full effect?! It's probably the only SACD that I own with which I put my dbx-100 Subharmonic Synthesizer / separate sub into play.

Jeff

In the kitchen today while enjoying some music...meal prep for the work week, decadent brownies for work tomorrow & cheeseburger sliders for the game.

Haven’t listened to this in a long while...

51Oa8ey4rjL.jpg

The 5.1 surround mix is fantastic. Excellent use of the 5 channels.

My only quibble, and it's a small one, is that they never remastered it to include any real LFE. Understandable that the original vinyl did not contain any ultra-lows, but the whole theme really does call for it, and since you're going through the trouble to issue it on SACD, why not use that LFE channel to full effect?! It's probably the only SACD that I own with which I put my dbx-100 Subharmonic Synthesizer / separate sub into play.

Jeff
I'll have to pick up a copy.
I couldn't imagine how cool the unscrewing of the capsule, and it's fall to the ground could have sounded with some LFE mixing.

A vinyl kind of day

=
R-4156853-1357593729-4539.jpeg.jpg

Tracklist
A1 Hard Walking Hannah
A2 Cry Before I Go
A3 Cant Stand To Leave
A4 Big Legged Woman
A5 Funky Funky Soul
B1 Christmas Present Blues
B2 Over The Hump
B3 Crying Blind
B4 Instrumental
B5 God Is Catching Up With Me

R-864524-1166831680.jpeg.jpg

R-864524-1311726784.jpeg.jpg

R-1452861-1288384912.jpeg.jpg

R-1452861-1288384929.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my goodness this brings back memories! I don’t care what anybody else thinks...Madonna RAWKS! Plus, she is just a little bit of a PISAN! Does anyone know her full name, or the day she was born? And don’t Google it! :thumbsdown:

91E2%2BWfykoL._SY355_.jpg

Back