• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

This was very good, IMHO. Haven't seen a lot of Netflix movies, more into their tv-type shows, but this one was well done.

3393.jpg

Stumbled onto a German crime drama called "Perfume" on Netflix, and while the pacing is a little lethargic, I like the diversity of characters and lack of clearly defined hero.

They overdubbed English, so it can be tricky to get used to at first.

Killing Eve. It is available on demand with my local cable provider, so I can binge watch. But I don't . Only on the 5th episode of season 1. I like it.

p16634328_b_v8_aa.jpg

I keep forgetting to ask this on here, but those with CBS All Access, are you getting commercials for other shows within shows you are watching? I can't remember which show the wife and I were watching the other night, and it cut to an advertisement for other CBS shows 3 times while we were watching. They seemed to be only 15 seconds long, but if we have to start watching commercials for paid content, that might be a deal killer for me.

I keep forgetting to ask this on here, but those with CBS All Access, are you getting commercials for other shows within shows you are watching? I can't remember which show the wife and I were watching the other night, and it cut to an advertisement for other CBS shows 3 times while we were watching. They seemed to be only 15 seconds long, but if we have to start watching commercials for paid content, that might be a deal killer for me.

Yeah that happens to me as well. A bit irritating but still way better than all the commercials on "regular" tv.

Yeah that happens to me as well. A bit irritating but still way better than all the commercials on "regular" tv.
I agree it's better than commercial tv, but at least with commercial tv, if it was dvr'd, I could just fast forward. I find even the pauses in Star Trek Discovery to be a minor nuisance, but I realize they do that because it will one day be shown on broadcast tv, they just seem to be a little longer than needed, and it reminds me I'm watching a tv show.

I agree it's better than commercial tv, but at least with commercial tv, if it was dvr'd, I could just fast forward. I find even the pauses in Star Trek Discovery to be a minor nuisance, but I realize they do that because it will one day be shown on broadcast tv, they just seem to be a little longer than needed, and it reminds me I'm watching a tv show.

Do you have the ad free package, I get no ads on Discovery and after thinking about t most other shows, only two I can recall

Do you have the ad free package, I get no ads on Discovery and after thinking about t most other shows, only two I can recall
I don't think there is a choice fo ads/no ads on CBS All Access, but I'm not getting ads on Discovery, just long pauses where they would insert a commercial. And when I say long, it's not that long, but long enough that it takes away from the show just a little bit. I do pay extra for no ads on Hulu though.

I don't think there is a choice fo ads/no ads on CBS All Access, but I'm not getting ads on Discovery, just long pauses where they would insert a commercial. And when I say long, it's not that long, but long enough that it takes away from the show just a little bit. I do pay extra for no ads on Hulu though.

They offer a limited ad for 5.99/ month and ad free for 9.99/month

https://www.cbs.com/all-access/subscription/plan/

Wife and I finished up Santa Clarita Diet yesterday, and kind of disappointed there isn't going to be a season 4.

Started watching "Catch-22" today and I love it. When I was a teen in the 80s I saw the movie from the 60s and was blown away by the story and characters - it was unlike anything I thought could be made as a movie. So, I read the book and really enjoyed it.

I was excited when I read that Hulu was producing a longform series from the book, and I am not disappointed. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Back