• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

The Horn on Netflix. My son and I have been watching it.
Air Zermatt, an alpine search and rescue team that operates in and around peaks of Switzerland's Matterhorn mountain.
Their accents are very interesting and can be a challenge to understand but the scenery is beautiful. Not every rescue is successful.

MV5BNjI4ODg4N2YtY2NiNi00ZGU0LWFlNzAtNjExOGRhYTk5ZTEwL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQ4NjY2NjE@._V1_.jpg

I don’t watch much TV but this looks right up my alley. Thanks!!

I also watched the first episode of Ricky Gervais's new show on Netflix called After Life. Overall, it was fairly funny, although the humor tends to be more on the British side.

So, I finally watched this series... I absolutely loved the first several episodes and even got damned emotional as it fit how I deal with life pain perfectly.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

However, when his mood turned it happened WAY too quickly and in a matter of a day or two he became a completely different person in every way. That really killed it for me. In my mind, the arc of the story should have taken several more episodes for him to transition to somewhat normal - or trying to move forward. Basically, it was like it completely explored his misery, but didn't even deal with how to recover - it was almost as if he flipped a switch and everything was fine. Sorry, that was sucky.

So, I finally watched this series... I absolutely loved the first several episodes and even got damned emotional as it fit how I deal with life pain perfectly.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

However, when his mood turned it happened WAY too quickly and in a matter of a day or two he became a completely different person in every way. That really killed it for me. In my mind, the arc of the story should have taken several more episodes for him to transition to somewhat normal - or trying to move forward. Basically, it was like it completely explored his misery, but didn't even deal with how to recover - it was almost as if he flipped a switch and everything was fine. Sorry, that was sucky.

I felt exactly the same way about the series, sounds like you were reading my mind.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I've watched the first episode, then added the other channels to streaming and haven't been back. I'll eventually finish it, and I think it's been picked up for season 2.

Really been digging Star Trek Discovery, although trying to keep it to one episode per night. Still on the first season, and I wasn't really liking the story line where they swapped universe's, that is until all may not be what it seems. Did not see that coming.

Formula 1 : Drive to Survive on Netflix.
IF you are a serious fan or a casual fan like me I would recommend it . Picture is beautiful (4k I believe) and the sounds are fantastic.
These drivers, owners, and managers are ALL a bunch of drama queens, from what I saw. Enjoyed.
375px-Formula_1_Drive_to_Survive.jpg
Thanks for recommending this. As much of a car guy as I am I've never been into any kind of auto racing. Honestly I feel this series would appeal to nearly anyone. Great series.
On a side note there is also a Moto GP version of this series. Its equally as good, look for it.

Kind of spoon feeding myself episodes of Star Trek discovery as I am truly loving this show. I'm half way through the second season and it just keeps getting better. I couldn't stand Anthony Rapp's character at first, was pretty surprised they were making him play such a bitchy gay guy, but after he went into the mycellial network, he lost the bitchiness and has become one of my favorite characters. Question though, thinking back to the original series, wasn't it Captain Pike they run into on that one planet where he has god like powers?

Season 5 of the great Prime detective/police show Bosch is now available and I am loving it.

Season 5 of the great Prime detective/police show Bosch is now available and I am loving it.
I've seen those listed , but I am currently reading all the books in the series so am trying to resist temptation to watch!! So I will try to forget what you just posted!!!

Hannah... just finished season 1. Still thinking about this one. I will say I liked it, but I'm not sure how much yet.

image003.png

^^ Does it pick up where the movie left off? Or is it it’s own thing?

^^ Does it pick up where the movie left off? Or is it it’s own thing?

It is its own thing.

Semi-Spoiler coming up...

For the most part, i'd look at this 8 episode season as the origin story for the series. If I remember correctly, it has the same bones as the movie, but certainly veered off from that a bit with the series. I couldn't even tell you one thing that was different -- I can't remember any of the details of the movie.

We are down to the last two episodes of The Librarians on Hulu, which we've been binge watching with our youngest over the last couple months. Our family has the tradition of watching one TV show together after dinner and before she heads up to get ready for bed. This was the latest and we all really enjoyed it. There is a little bit of a low budget cheese factor, but it only adds to the charm.

Just curious, how do you guys define binge watching? How many episodes or hours do you watch in a row to binge watch?

Back