• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

I watched exactly NONE of the movies that were on todays trivia test, otherwise I may have gotten a few more right. :boohoo:

Me either.
Ditto!
In fact I just watched Alita last week. Was upset that it ended, hope there is a sequel. Very interested to see if she makes it back up to the floating city.

I had to start watching RPO several times before I could get interested enough to make it to the end.

I thought both Ready Player One and Alita were both pretty ambitious movies. I also like Alita better, but I don’t think RPO is a POS.

is RPO the way we are calling it? okay. :D

i bought it because it was cheap and i am a working bee who's been watching way roo many dolby atmos dfemo stuff.

i liked itr enough to test atmos, and some scenes were right. others meh.

i cant wairt rto watch alita.

rhe main actress is the same fgiel from maxe runner. i actually see her witth a LOT of potential.

I thought the book of RPO was excellent. The movie... not so much. Anyone who grew up in the 80's should read this.

Watched this last night on demand on Amazon. Super slow burn definitely not an action movie although there are some harrowing moments towards the end. So maybe not for everyone. But if there has been a better movie made depicting the intense love and protective instincts that a parent feels towards their child then I have yet to see it.

Has anyone else noticed that certain titles are not available on disc from Amazon on their release date? I saw that with Capt. Marvel and agian with Endgame. did some searchin and it seems there is a dispute between Amazon and disney which delays the disc availabilty for sevrel weeks.

So I was in WM this morning and figured I woulld just get a copy there. I it would be the $29.97 as advertised but there was a kiosk full of Endgame 4k discs with a big sign $24.86. I grabbed one and headed for the checkout. It rang up at the 29.97 price and I explained about the display. got it for the 24.87 but if they don't change it . . .

*SPOILERS*

Picked up a 4K copy of Avengers: Endgame the other day, and it is reference material quality good. Watching the deleted scenes, the very last one in the group is a scene right after Iron Man dies, and all of the other super hero's take a knee in honor of him. It's quite a touching scene and I wonder why they didn't include it.

Last edited by a moderator:
*SPOILERS*

^ I would’ve been curious to hear the Directors reasons, but I thought it felt forced. I’m glad they left it out. Maybe with the funeral they felt like it would’ve had one too many “tributes”

*SPOILERS*

^ I would’ve been curious to hear the Directors reasons, but I thought it felt forced. I’m glad they left it out. Maybe with the funeral they felt like it would’ve had one too many “tributes”
I thought it was a touching tribute, but I agree it doesn't really add anything to the movie.

I thought about a spoiler tag, but the movie was released in April, and if somebody hasn't seen it yet, well there probably aren't going to see it.

^^ yes, don’t read too much into it. It’s just a tribute to the character that launched the MCU.

Gotcha. Wasn't thinking it was an Easter egg or anything just noticed it as I was shutting off system. I'm pretty much content having seen my fill of Marvel movies based on the Avengers universe.

Rented Rocketman Friday night, and got a chance to watch it yesterday. Entertaining movie, but it's more of a musical than a life of movie. There's a sex scene that's pretty intense, but it's no better or worse than if it was a couple of straight people going at it. The music, as expected, is great throughout the film.

The movie did state that Elton and Bernie have never been in an argument in their 50 year history, although there was at least one scene in the movie that looked like an argument to me.

The movie did state that Elton and Bernie have never been in an argument in their 50 year history, although there was at least one scene in the movie that looked like an argument to me.

Maybe the English can tell the difference between an argument and a fight.

Saw Rocketman last night and loved the musical numbers. Loved how they did "I'm still standing" music video exactly as the original music video. Wish they had done more on his classic "Goodbye Yellow Hrick Road" but glad to see they did have a scene with KiKi Dee who my girlfriend had never heard of. That's to Jeff Mackwood I own his entire music catalog of albums so after the movie I listened to Blue Moves one of my favorite albums by Elton.

Saw Rocketman last night and loved the musical numbers. Loved how they did "I'm still standing" music video exactly as the original music video. Wish they had done more on his classic "Goodbye Yellow Hrick Road" but glad to see they did have a scene with KiKi Dee who my girlfriend had never heard of. That's to Jeff Mackwood I own his entire music catalog of albums so after the movie I listened to Blue Moves one of my favorite albums by Elton.
I think that the video was a blend of both videos, but I could be wrong. I kept looking at the gap in his teeth, and I think the real Elton has bigger gap in front. Either way, it was a pretty good movie.

Watched Men In Black International yesterday, and it was just ok. Had a discount from Redbox so it cost me like 80 cents, so I wasn't out much. Like the other movies, had some neat tech, and it looked good, just didn't have the feel of the other ones.

Back