• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Batcave Walkthru

Wish I had more time to post and hang out. Life gets in the way. But as you can tell from my occasional random posts you guys are never far from my thoughts.

Monkey

Bryan you should see this theater in person. The pictures do no justice to seeing it live. All the tiny details and hard work Bats and -B- did to make this a reality. Bats new JVC e-shift 4K projecter makes it look like your watching the most massive plasma tv ever and the sound is pure audio bliss. What's funny though is when you attend a Bats GTG how little time you spend in the theater because everyone is having such a blast upstairs talking, laughing and sharing stories. At Bats last GTG last month I spent less than two hours in that theater in the five days we were there because we were having too good a time.

MatthewB said:
Bryan you should see this theater in person. The pictures do no justice to seeing it live. All the tiny details and hard work Bats and -B- did to make this a reality. Bats new JVC e-shift 4K projecter makes it look like your watching the most massive plasma tv ever and the sound is pure audio bliss. What's funny though is when you attend a Bats GTG how little time you spend in the theater because everyone is having such a blast upstairs talking, laughing and sharing stories. At Bats last GTG last month I spent less than two hours in that theater in the five days we were there because we were having too good a time.

Really cool. I glanced at pictures of the GTG. Glass to see the community stuck together.

I have no idea what Chris has invested in his HT. I know he did alot of the work himself and I would like to see a dollar for dollar bang for the buck comparo with his and the megabuck 2 million dollar HT LHMKOTJ posted the link to. I think value wise our Batman's HT would have to win.

I love cool stuff, but cool stuff that is also bang for the buck winners are even better.

New collectable addition to the basement. I've recently started collecting Batman chess pieces out of the UK and today I received the board so I thought I'd post some pics of what I've received so far...I have to acquire 11 more pieces to complete the set and they are also releasing several variants of the pieces. My apologies for the unsteady pics.

492A4745-E980-486A-BE7D-D87D03FB0045-16117-00000A7DD0E76382.jpg

B62D787E-72C1-4DC9-A270-65DBFD514720-16048-00000A7B3C47E62E.jpg

4FE55838-E4E0-40B5-BA90-7B6150FA7AF9-16048-00000A7B0BC323BE.jpg

47D78B3B-C42D-439C-840D-196DCF476061-16048-00000A7B514F5899.jpg

Variants from The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel...

F6302F1A-886A-4C65-8359-87021597E38F-16048-00000A7B74D1369B.jpg

Cool. Mass Effect, Star Trek movies, Chess sets... you're becoming a certified nerd. I approve wholeheartedly!

PaulyT said:
Cool. Mass Effect, Start Trek movies, Chess sets... you're becoming a certified nerd. I approve wholeheartedly!

not yet. he hasnt had the fallout seal of approval

thumbs-up.jpg

Pauly, I told the kids we would all learn to play chess together soon. We got Zachary his own chess set for Christmas. I also ordered a book about basic strategies...

Batman said:
Pauly, I told the kids we would all learn to play chess together soon. We got Zachary his own chess set for Christmas. I also ordered a book about basic strategies...

do you play chess by chance? i used to casually play, until my sister went all out and went kasparov on my ass. since i couldnt keep up with her, i gave up and let her win against most of her competition. she won not only grade school but high school as well. she was grade 6 i think.

anyways...

heres a great website to try to learn more if ever you'd be interested.

http://www.worldchesschampions.com/middle_game.php

its a fun game to learn, but learn it first for fun. theres no point in going scientifically strategic immediately.

last question,

who is the character on gordons level, on the left side of the picture? interesting...

jomari said:
last question,

who is the character on gordons level, on the left side of the picture? interesting...
That is Katana, one of the 3 "Birds of Prey" in the set along with Huntress (top left) and Black Canary (lower far right).

Jomari, although I know the moves of each piece, I can count on one hand how many times I've ever played. And I'm looking forward to learning and teaching the kids and, perhaps, evolving my game along with them if we find enjoyment in it.

That's cool. My older daughter's started to learn chess as well, we'll have to set up a tournament. ;) I was never particularly good, myself.... but I admit I was on a chess team, in 6th grade anyway.

Batman said:
jomari said:
last question,

That is Katana, one of the 3 "Birds of Prey" in the set along with Huntress (top left) and Black Canary (lower far right).

Jomari, although I know the moves of each piece, I can count on one hand how many times I've ever played. And I'm looking forward to learning and teaching the kids and, perhaps, evolving my game along with them if we find enjoyment in it.

hmm, birds of prey, i guess i opted out before that timeframe. oh well, i will look into the genre later on...

its amazing tho, that aside from the fact that i used to play on the simpleton idea of advancing, playing the offensive, its been the opposite for my sister and other people ive played with, which is essentially defensive at heart. they base their moves strictly on how you play your first piece, and how it opens up towards their attack.

i hate chess. its the only game i wish i could learn to be 'passive' about, yet cant get the discipline to master it as much as my sister did. i also wish its as easy as learning kasparov moves or follow legendary strategies, but as always, these evolve later on, and well, it dont work right unless the other player knows the exact counterpart.

wishing you well on this bats, its a great game i hope you and your children enjoy in their early years. :handgestures-thumbup:

Back