• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

CMonster's basement

I think you need a few kids to mess up that house... you can borrow mine for a while. :laughing:

PaulyT said:
I think you need a few kids to mess up that house... you can borrow mine for a while. :laughing:

Heh, thanks for the generous offer, but I think I'll pass. When we have nieces and nephews visit I basically follow them around with a roll of paper towels and windex...

Hey Chuck......

Things are really coming together.....

A couple questions:

1. What size is your screen?

2. What are the dimensions on the new awesome looking Pool Table and is it thick slate?

Enjoy the weekend!

heeman said:
Hey Chuck......

Things are really coming together.....

A couple questions:

1. What size is your screen?

2. What are the dimensions on the new awesome looking Pool Table and is it thick slate?

Enjoy the weekend!

1. The screen is a Carada 104" Criterion series. I probably could've gone a little bigger but I wanted to make sure I had plenty of room for the speakers. The front of the room is just a touch over 13 feet wide.

2. It's an 8 foot Olhausen table with what they claim to be premium slate. We're used to playing 7 foot tables at bars and this thing is both bigger and faster (they gave us a free upgrade to the premium cloth). The wife and I pretty much suck at pool anyway but the first couple of games were particularly rough...

CMonster said:
And as a reminder, this is what's outside the basement:

Backyard_009.jpg

Hopefully it'll be seeing a lot more use now...

Looks as though someones balls are on fire.

Rope

He might as well post a pic of the car he drives also............................................. :happy-smileygiantred:

Got the Anthem back on Saturday along with a new Integra receiver to replace the defective one. By Sunday evening I had the equipment rack in its (hopefully) final configuration and the speaker levels calibrated. I didn't get a chance to run Anthem Room Correction and I might wait on that until the front row of seats arrive. Anyway, we watched The Avengers and wow, what a movie! Sound was very nice though the back row of seats should definitely benefit from the rear speaker I just ordered. The PSA subwoofer also impressed but I still want to try out a couple different locations.

CMonster said:
And as a reminder, this is what's outside the basement:

Backyard_009.jpg

Hopefully it'll be seeing a lot more use now...

THIS is one of the coolest things I've ever seen!
You suck!!
:angelic-green:

The Falcon has landed:

Falcon001.jpg

Perhaps the toughest battle with the wife. Her one condition is that we never call it the 'u' word. :D

ha!! I almost put one of those in myself, I had a real commercial/industrial design in mind (and wanted a bathroom design that went along with it) before the entire basement became what it is now...

A friend of mine put one in the first house he and his wife built, much to her dismay. When they started working on plans for their second SHE INSISTED on there being one in their bathroom. Your wife may not call it Uncle but she will come to appreciate it.

John

The front row of seating arrived over the holiday break, a second PSA XV15 was added this weekend so the two now flank the center channel speaker (I'm a sucker for symmetry), and acoustic treatments have been ordered from GIK.

Found out that the HDMI cable I ran in the ceiling was only certified Category 2 to 25 feet. Mine is 30 feet so it can't handle 3D or deep color. :angry-banghead:
I bought a new cable that was certified to 30' and verified that it worked, however it won't fit through the conduit I ran to the projector. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

I have an email out to Blue Jeans Cable to see if a booster will do the trick for the cable that's in the ceiling...

CMonster said:
jamhead said:
One thing though....I'm a sucker for uniformity up front..visually, anyway, so I think you need a second PSA sub for proper balance.

:happy-smileygiantred:

A second PSA is definitely a possibility but I want to see how a single one does first. I still need to figure out the optimal location for it; what's pictured might not be its final resting place.

Glad you took my advice!

:happy-smileygiantred:

Back