• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

CMonster's basement

Latest pics:
HT001_zps4e038caf.jpg

HT002_zps99ed87a1.jpg

HT003_zps894996a6.jpg

HT004_zps54e3f907.jpg

I still have some soffit bass traps to install and I'd like to experiment with moving the diffusors to cover the first reflection points. I also need to re-run ARC to account for the treatments and second subwoofer. System is sounding pretty good though... :music-rockout:

That room is bad-ass. Is that a front row of C1s???

You suck. :bow-blue: Congrats on a great space!

Just curious - where did you mount the bipole speakers? I see the one in the photo.

I ask because I am in the middle of having a home built (in drywall stage) and I will have a dedicated room in the basement so thinking of ideas of the rear surrounds. I have Dynaudio Contour fronts, Audience side surrounds (will be on floor), and thinking of mounting some speakers on the back wall.

goaliechris said:
That room is bad-ass. Is that a front row of C1s???

You suck. :bow-blue: Congrats on a great space!

Just curious - where did you mount the bipole speakers? I see the one in the photo.

I ask because I am in the middle of having a home built (in drywall stage) and I will have a dedicated room in the basement so thinking of ideas of the rear surrounds. I have Dynaudio Contour fronts, Audience side surrounds (will be on floor), and thinking of mounting some speakers on the back wall.

I only have the one dipole that you see in the picture. The side surround speakers are actually in front of the back row of seats so I figured a dipole behind the seats would help fill in the sound.

Really, Really Nice Chuck!! Great Job!!

How do you like that size screen???

You guys should have a blast on Feb 9th, wish I could make it!!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Damn that looks amazing! I hope to be able to see/hear it in person someday. I've yet to experience the C1's...

heeman said:
Really, Really Nice Chuck!! Great Job!!

How do you like that size screen???

You guys should have a blast on Feb 9th, wish I could make it!!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Thanks. When I look at pictures of the room I think I could've gone with a larger screen but I never find myself wanting more while watching tv or a movie. This screen size allows plenty of room for the front speakers to breathe, there's a nice tight site line from the back row to the bottom of the screen, and it's just a touch above the optimal height for the front row. If I went any bigger I'd have to raise the back row of seats.

Amazing job Chuck!!! Can't wait to see it in person. Looking forward to King of Limbs from the Basement :happy-smileygiantred:

Looks like an awesome place. Nice job.

I've got hopes of making it o the next GTG.

....and CMonster says, "Howdy, welcome to my Basement !"
You SUCK my friend.

Newest addition - this is not its final resting place.

63a6e13dd7b6d9df8b64d62d15af3334_zps7dedbe88.jpg

I may've had a drink or two... Ditto for our friend Lacy...

Heh, thanks for the generous offer, but I think I'll pass. When we have nieces and nephews visit I basically follow them around with a roll of paper towels and windex...

Just checking this thread out per Zing's recommendation. The paper towels & windex remark is so something Zing would do as well!!!!
Everything I have seen so far looks incredible!!!! Beautiful home & theater!!!!!!!!!!! :eusa-clap:

Now I have viewed the whole thread!!!!!!!!! The fire pit is just amazing!!!!!!! AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
Be very proud of your accomplishments with everything!!!!!!!!!

Also, tell Angela "Hello" from Babs! ;) I really enjoyed getting to know her! Cool lady! And, she luvs WINE!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for the comments.

Nice Radiohead poster, B. Did you attend that concert?

Razz, you can come over when you get the finger thing down. :hand:

Here's the poster in its final location sans drunk people:
35199382fae81df5fce305d97f49ba4c_zps606a3cb6.jpg

Back