• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Denon AH-D5000 Mod

Hey thanks. I don't really have room for those stands but that is one of the nicest(and very easy) DIY stands that I've seen yet.

Been fartin' around with my BBE unit, and HP's tonight.

Rope

Attachments

• PICT0317.JPG
    PICT0317.JPG
    630.5 KB · Views: 2,085
I haven't received my Schiit, but for those interested, here are some shots of Schiit posted over at Head-Fi.

Rope

Attachments

• ce03c77b_Lyr019640x297.jpg
    ce03c77b_Lyr019640x297.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 2,068
  • LyrDenons.jpg
    LyrDenons.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 2,068
  • LyrFrontPic.jpg
    LyrFrontPic.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 2,068
  • LyrHookedUpToDenons.jpg
    LyrHookedUpToDenons.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 2,068
  • LyrTubes.jpg
    LyrTubes.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 2,068
Rope said:
GreatDane said:
When did you get the BBE?

I've owned it since 1988. It's been on storage sabatical since my move from Price in 1999.

Rope
I thought it looked old. They look much different now. Do you actually use it?

I like my Aphex 204.

GreatDane said:
Rope said:
GreatDane said:
When did you get the BBE?

I've owned it since 1988. It's been on storage sabatical since my move from Price in 1999.

Rope
I thought it looked old. They look much different now. Do you actually use it?I like my Aphex 204.

Absolutely! The BBE works wonders with the Denon lower mid-range, and mid-range in general.

The new BBE units have a different color face and knobs, the back is exactly the same.
240311.jpg

240310.jpg

Rope

ahh yes, but does it have something called Big Bottom!??

:music-rockout:

Attachments

• 2444289950044175878fgLBPa_fs.jpg
    2444289950044175878fgLBPa_fs.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 2,027
Does big belly button count?

If you want big bottom with the BBE unit, just crank the low contour all the way!

Rope

Hey! Yours has more knobs than mine. I've got to upgrade. :happy-smileygiantred:

Rope

Rope said:
Hey! Yours has more knobs than mine. I've got to upgrade. :happy-smileygiantred:

Rope
I only bought it 'cause it says Big Bottom...and you gotta know I'm an ass man.

:laughing-rolling:

Seriously, I was using a 31-band GEQ but I was only tuning by ear and it wasn't fun. I figured either the 204 or the BBE would be fun and add some spice to my headphones. After some debate I chose the 204.

It works well for adding bass punch around 40 Hz. which is the lowest it will go. The mid/HF tweaking is also useful. I still use it along with some careful use of the PEQ with my Behringer 2496.

Just received notice my Schiit shipped, via Fedx. :happy-smileygiantred: :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

Rope

sweet :handgestures-thumbup:

I'm jealous

I'll be expecting pics of course.

:banana-dance: :banana-rock: :banana-gotpics: :banana-rock: :banana-dance:

GreatDane said:
sweet :handgestures-thumbup:

I'm jealous

I'll be expecting pics of course.

:banana-dance: :banana-rock: :banana-gotpics: :banana-rock: :banana-dance:

After seeing your hoard of evil, evil things, I'd be embarrassed to post one evil thing. But then again, if it will invoke some envy, perhaps pics are in order. :eek:bscene-buttred:

Rope

I've had one of those kinda days and paused to look at the LYR owner's manual. First page, "Welcome To LYR", then in the right column, "In The Box".

LIST:

One
LYR Headphone Amplifier

One
Set of Tubes
(2 X JJ ECC88)

One
1/8" to 1/4" Adapter
(For smaller headphones)

One
1/8 to Dual RCA cord
(for your iPod)

One
Power Cord
(for, like, well DUH)
<------------------This busted my ass up!!!! :laughing-rolling:

Four
Stick-on-feet
(for the bottom of the amplifer)

Rope :happy-smileygiantred:

:laughing: Great to see a company with a sense of humor!

Back