• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Heeman - Dedicated HT Room?

Looks great, Heeman! I wish I could experience it.

By the way...
heeman said:
Big race day tomorrow, Indy 500 and Coca Cola 600...
...you left out the most significant and glamorous one - the Grand Prix of Monaco. :teasing-neener:

I expected that response about the formula 1 race when I typed that.....................

Gettin' good.............

I have to get up tomorrow at 4am to bring my brother and nephew to the airport, should be home around 7 am..

What time is the F1 Race?

I'm still trying to get some good pic's with little success....... :angry-banghead:

HT010_zps0335a9d9.jpg

HT017_zps2f7bc404.jpg

HT038_zpsff93eda7.jpg

heeman said:
I'm still trying to get some good pic's with little success....... :angry-banghead:
What are you talking about? Those are great, as is your room! :handgestures-thumbup:

Keith I'm SO happy for you....you will get plenty of years of enjoyment out of that room, it's hard to put into words.

Very, very nice room! Looks wonderful and I'm jealous as hell.

DIYer said:
Which side of the front seat is the "sweet" spot (for stereo enjoyment)?.

Because stereo music can't be enjoyed from slightly off center. :roll:

Towen7 said:
It can be but what I meant was that if I'm listening alone and want to pick one, which seat would I choose.

From the picture, the front 2 seat sofa appears to be positioned off center so I'm guessing it's the right side.

I sit in the middle of our HT loveseat when I want to listen to music. It takes a couple minutes to settle in but then i get lost in the music and all is good.

DIYer said:
Towen7 said:
It can be but what I meant was that if I'm listening alone and want to pick one, which seat would I choose.

From the picture, the front 2 seat sofa appears to be positioned off center so I'm guessing it's the right side.

The Loveseat is perfectly centered. I have sat perfectly in the middle and was more comfortable than I thought, so that is the solution for critical listening......................that will not take place until my first 6 acoustic panels are mounted.

BTW.............right now it sounds very good!!

Zing said:
Are you planning on running True RTA or some equivalent?

Not immediately...............

My Onkyo has Audyssey and I have not run that. I want to get my first reflection points on the side walls and ceiling treated with absorbers and see how it sounds. I may then run one of the software programs out there to see what the room is actually doing.

I don't think the acoustic panels will do much to the - time averaged - rta response, the reflections have more to do with transient timing in aural perception... Now bass traps, maybe that's different, dunno.

I agree w/ Pauly. As far as what TrueRTA will show you, the panels at the reflection points won't matter much if any. The effectiveness of bass traps would be demonstrated by doing before and after comparisons. I would run some sort of software now if you're going to.

John

Back