• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Heeman - WI Basement HT Build

So what's left.............

The rear bass trap panels
The front of the duct work panels
Supply and Return, HVAC covers need to be painted black and mounted
Outlet and Switch plate covers need to be painted and installed
Frame and complete the outside wall of the equipment closet

That's about it for the build.

As far as the equipment.........

The surrounds need to be mounted to their mounts
Subs unboxed and set-up
The Halo A-21 unboxed positioned and connected
Hang the first reflection point absorbtion panels
The seats need to be brought in
Then tuning and tweaking

All the other gear was installed last night......I ran out of steam around 7:30

We hope to be watching a movie sometime this afternoon!!

Does the AC/Furnace make much noise when it is blowing? They make muffling vent assemblies to control fan noise. They also make cheaper vent covers which just cut down on the turbulence of air blowing out the vent.

It doesn't seem like it. Will be able to tell once we start to spend sometime in the HT.

Nice... Cherry popped!!!

And??? How was it? What's the initial impression?

To early for impressions and opinions.

I left for a business trip on 1/2/17.

All as I know is that there will be a lot of tweaking to get the subs positioned properly and tuned in.

The picture quality with the black velvet screen wall and ceiling is just superb!! Well I guess that is an impression?

I was able to spend so time in the HT yesterday when I got home from California.

I played test tones from 20 - 90 Hz and measured with the SPL Meter. Things are looking good!

The bass seems extremely tight, must be those huge bass traps.

We watched the Terminator Genisys, the audio and picture were excellent.

Then we cranked tunes for a few more hours and turned in around 1 AM. (drank a few too many Bakers)

The sound-stage is quite good, we are both extremely please.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm so happy for you man!
I know you're obsessive about setup and that you're going to be working on something in minute detail ... what?

I still need to continue making low freq measurements and play with the phasing (distance). I will also be tweeking the RF and RL speaker locations, even thought the sound stage and imagine is excellent right now.

I think our seating distance from the screen is good at about 9'.

On the phone now with your employer trying to negotiate a free HD receiver for the HT.

I have a significant null at 80 and 90 Hz, the rest of the low end is pretty even.

I will try moving one of the subs next weekend.

So far, it is great!

I have a significant null at 80 and 90 Hz, the rest of the low end is pretty even.

I will try moving one of the subs next weekend.

So far, it is great!

Sweet, so glad you're up and running! Enjoy, my friend! I'm still doing little tweaks in mine but once operational it's been so damn hard to get anything done in there instead of using it.

Back