• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Heeman - WI Basement HT Build

Hvac, will there be a thermostat in the room ?

When everyone is in one room and the door closed you may see some higher temps in the room waiting for the Thermostat in another part of the house to turn on ?

The Geo thermal unit in my home runs we have the Fan blower on a setting of two out of 5.
So the blower is moving air most of the time in all rooms.

Moving right along!! I really hope to see and hear this one on multiple occasions!!

Hvac, will there be a thermostat in the room ?

When everyone is in one room and the door closed you may see some higher temps in the room waiting for the Thermostat in another part of the house to turn on ?

The Geo thermal unit in my home runs we have the Fan blower on a setting of two out of 5.
So the blower is moving air most of the time in all rooms.

I spoke to my HVAC guy about the options..............the most suitable option is to install a mini-split. This will allow total control in that room. Our decision right now is to live with the 1 supply and 1 return in the HT and turn the whole house ac/heat on depending on the situation. The amount of energy used in either situation is small compared to the cost of a good mini-split $3200.00. Besides my Photovoltaic system in the summer produces a ton of free electric. So we will see how it works out in the current state for the next year. If we can not manage to be comfortable, we will than chose a mini-split.

This afternoon we went to our local Jo-Ann Fabrics. No Black Velvet Royalty 3 in stock, so we ordered 45 yards..................good thing it was on sale. Sales person asked "what are you doing with all this material" I said, Home Theater application. She just had a blank stare.

Sales person asked "what are you doing with all this material" I said, Home Theater application. She just had a blank stare.

Keith, that's why you're married and I'm not. Given a ripe question like that, I'da pointed to my GF and said, "Her dress".
Now excuse me while I cry myself to sleep again. :D

Are you going to invite Angela to paint Elvis all over that velvet? With fluorescent paint? Add some black lights?

Way cool!

Jeff

:)

This afternoon we went to our local Jo-Ann Fabrics. No Black Velvet Royalty 3 in stock, so we ordered 45 yards..................good thing it was on sale. Sales person asked "what are you doing with all this material" I said, Home Theater application. She just had a blank stare.

That's the stuff my MIL used to make me curtains for the little windows in our theater in PA. That stuff absorbs a lot of light! It's tough to get a good picture of it.

IMG_2189.JPG

1 x 2 pine; 40" wide x 8' long on the flats.

Velvet is 44" wide enough to wrap.

These are Velcroed to a .75" spacer from the joists.

Last edited:
Ok.

We already have the Batcave.

I'm thinking Heeman's could become...

The Goth-Cave!

Jeff

ps. If ya don't like it suggest something else!

Back