• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Heeman - WI Basement HT Build

Always great to see progress! Good show.

There is a dedicated circuit for the Projector.
The Outlets are on their own. This will power both subs and the seats
The Lights are on their own.
Three separate outlets in the equipment closet wired with 12AWG each on their own circuit.

Over kill, yes, as usual, but it will never hurt!!

:bouncygrin::bouncygrin:

Last edited:
Flint,

No.

The 6 circuits in the sub-panel are split.

The three outlets in the equipment closet are on one phase and the outlets, lights and projector are on the other phase.

Flint,

No.

The 6 circuits in the sub-panel are split.

The three outlets in the equipment closet are on one phase and the outlets, lights and projector are on the other phase.
Oh Oh!

Won't the "sound" electrons then cancel out the "light" electrons and you'll be left weeping in a dark quiet room?

:)

Jeff

So all the audio gear will be on the same phase? That is what I was concerned about. Ground loop issues can be exacerbated when the various electronics are on different poles of the circuit.

All but the subs and projector. If I have issues it is easy to fix. Just move a couple of wires and/or breakers in the sub panel.

Let me get this straight. If all the components for a HT system are on separate circuits, the likelihood of a ground loop issue increases?

While it would be overkill to the nth degree, I would think having multiple circuits would be ideal (i.e., amps on one circuit, subs on another, display on another, components on another still).

It has to do with potential and leaked current. If you were to have a ground loop issue for whatever unexplainable reason, if the two components where the ground loop is occurring are on opposite sides of a 240V two phase circuit, that ground loop issue is usually very much amplified because the potential is greater since the incoming 120V is out of phase - making the potential 240V (at very, very, very low current, thus not dangerous, just noisy).

024 50.jpg

The door is in, molding is in and all the nail holes filled.

Priming tonight, Painting tomorrow night.

The HVAC guy is scheduled on Wednesday to evaluate the current system and upgrade needs.

Carpet goes in on Friday.

Then we need to focus on Ceiling Panels, Front Wall Panels and Bass Trap Panels.

Then the shelving for the equipment closet..............

Lot's and lot's of work...............

:scream::scream:

Last edited:
Looks great though. I love watching these projects come together. Nice work Heeman, now there is "light" at the end of the tunnel.

See what I did there? I made an electrical pun, you just wired for lights which allows you to see the "light" at the end of the tunnel. Gheez, I am incredibly witty today.

I just got a chance to browse this and get caught up. I wish I were coming up to Milwaukee sometime soon. This looks like an awesome room, as I expected. Good job bro!!

John

Looks great though. I love watching these projects come together. Nice work Heeman, now there is "light" at the end of the tunnel.

See what I did there? I made an electrical pun, you just wired for lights which allows you to see the "light" at the end of the tunnel. Gheez, I am incredibly witty today.
...if you need to explain it...

Jeff

ps. Maybe my next book should instead be Most of These Stories Are Somewhat True for Dummies.

:)

Back