• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

My Studio 20's

DIYer said:
Bob, if those speaker stands are going to stay, you may want to put some kind of damper (foam or rubber) between your 20's and the enclosures they are sitting on. It would help to decouple the two for better sound.

Nah, I have two pairs of Sanus SF30 on order. I might even go taller than 30" for the surrounds.

Blue Tack between the two?

31apwYtSZ3L._SS500_.jpg

Auralex MoPad would be my recommendation (they are pricey). If not, Dr. Scholls shoe inserts would be good too and they are sold in just about every convenient store or you may already have a pair. ;) Just cut to 1" square and place 3 to 4 of them under the speaker.
300.jpg

That's good advice on the foot inserts. I will buy a Mopad to sit the center speaker on the RPTV but at $40 a pair, I don't want to buy five sets.

btw:

I moved the speaks upstairs to run them 2.1 with the SVS. If there was any doubt that the 20's are too small it has been removed.

These things sound LARGE. :banana-rock:

A nudie pic, sitting on top of a different set of stands. :angelic-green:

Studio20s006.jpg

Studio20s008.jpg

Joe Bonamassa live at Royal Albert Hall on the player. The dual drummers sound great in stereo.

Studio20s007.jpg

Integrating speakers with a good subwoofer is like getting new speakers all over again.

Rope

Bob R said:
A nudie pic, sitting on top of a different set of stands. :angelic-green:
You are supposed to wait till Friday to post it on TGIF thread, especially when the port is exposed (for that particular member here). :laughing:

Bob R said:
Joe Bonamassa live at Royal Albert Hall on the player. The dual drummers sound great in stereo.

Ah, another forum member with excellent taste! Good choice! :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:

:angelic-green:

Bob R said:
.......A nudie pic, sitting on top of a different set of stands. :angelic-green:

Studio20s006.jpg

Wow, I think that's probably the best looking versions I've seen. I love the wood grain on the front as opposed to it being flat black. Kinda looks like their Signature Series line.

Blu Tak will be awesome between the stands and speakers. If you dont need to change the angles i probably wouldn't buy mopads for all speakers either.

Those are very sexy!!! I love the new cabinet and the Rosenut finish.

So, I'm gearing up for more listening and my Pioneer Universal SACD/DVD-A player shit the bed last night.

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

Watched the NBA all-star game instead.

Hey congrats Bob!! Those look sweet, I have yet to hear a pair of 20's.........someday...

Hey Bob R,

Would you be okay with let us know what those new version 5 Studio 20's cost??

I heard close to $1450/Pair from a dealer recently.

Was he delusional??

Thanks!

Hi heeman:

The version fives list for $650 each. My dealer knocked off $100 each and was kind enough to break up a pair for a five speaker system.

$2750 for all five.

The Dealer is Audio Concepts. They are located in Boston and North Attleboro, MA. I went to the NA location. They were very professional and let me play for a couple of hours without any hassle or sales pitches.

http://www.audioconcepts.com/

Having a little trouble with the speaker stands. Sanus has them back ordered out till mid May.

I'm going to switch to these stands. They hold up to 65 lbs (the 20's are 25 lbs), 36" high, sand-fillable steel core, and they come in Rosewood to match the speaks. :banana-dance:

Let's hope they are available on 2/28 as stated and I'll place the order with either my dealer or Guitar Center.

$120 per pair. Paradigm wanted $250 each for their stands.

227727.jpg

http://accessories.musiciansfriend....-Studio-Monitor-Speaker-Stand-Pair?sku=459520

Bob

Hey Bob,

Thanks for sharing the pricing info on your wonderful 20's. I used to live near your neck of the woods and actually bought my Studio 60's back in 1999 from a High End Shop in Nashua, NH. I still have the original boxes. They have come in handy for the moves that we have made over the past 10 years.

Rock On' Love our Paradigms!!

Bob R said:
Let's hope they are available on 2/28 as stated and I'll place the order with either my dealer or Guitar Center.

4 hours later and the date is now 3/21. ArrrgggHH :handgestures-thumbdown:

Ordered them anyway through Musicians Friend. The manufacturer says they suck up all the Rosewoods and I'll get the best price there. I guess I'll keep using my Sansui Speaker stands until these show up - on the boat from China. :scared-eek:

Bob R said:
Having a little trouble with the speaker stands. Sanus has them back ordered out till mid May.

I'm going to switch to these stands. They hold up to 65 lbs (the 20's are 25 lbs), 36" high, sand-fillable steel core, and they come in Rosewood to match the speaks. :banana-dance:

$120 per pair. Paradigm wanted $250 each for their stands.

227727.jpg

http://accessories.musiciansfriend....-Studio-Monitor-Speaker-Stand-Pair?sku=459520

Bob
Those look SWEET! I think they are really going to look nice when they match your speakers!

Bummer about having to wait. :angry-tappingfoot:

Keep us posted and we are going to want a picture of those beautiful speakers on those beautiful stands! :handgestures-thumbup:

Dennie

Back