• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

My Studio 20's

Randy said:
Orbison said:
Some people say it allows the speaker to be placed closer to the back wall without affecting the sound...

It will do that to a certain degree, but you will still have boundary interaction issues any time you put a speaker too close to a wall.

I wonder if that was their main reason or if there was something else?
The cynic in me points out that, with the port on the front, only one piece of wood needs to go to the drill press, reducing manufacturing costs... :ugeek:

Botch said:
Randy said:
Orbison said:
Some people say it allows the speaker to be placed closer to the back wall without affecting the sound...

It will do that to a certain degree, but you will still have boundary interaction issues any time you put a speaker too close to a wall.

I wonder if that was their main reason or if there was something else?
The cynic in me points out that, with the port on the front, only one piece of wood needs to go to the drill press, reducing manufacturing costs... :ugeek:

I like the way you are thinking and from an economies of scale kinda perspective you are probably onto something.

But I would bet with a company like Paradigm they use a CNC router instead of a drill press.

Oh ya, plus all that smart guy stuff that Flint said.

Randy said:
But I would bet with a company like Paradigm they use a CNC router instead of a drill press.
Agreed, but if I'd said "CNC router" all the geeks on this forum would've been searching the "Computer" section of Amazon for an example... :mrgreen:

Cynics are much smarter...

My future is still unknown (but getting clearer everyday) I am warming up to the idea of some Studio 60's.

Back