• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

My Studio 20's

Well I'm driving home from MA with three more Speaks, bemoaning the fact that I have to wait another month for the stands.

So, I stop buy my local unfinished furniture store and what do I see.

They are called "cubes". They are 14" wide x 11" deep and they had them in both 28 and 42" tall.

So ............

What do you think of my new Studio 20 speaker stands? (Think after staining/painting)

Front Three

REdux2001.jpg

REdux2003.jpg

Surrounds

REdux2004.jpg

REdux2005.jpg

:scared-eek: :scared-eek: :scared-eek: :scared-eek: :scared-eek:

Bob.

Bob, Bob, Bob....

:? :shock:

A Village People album?!?!?!?

:teasing-tease: :happy-smileygiantred:

Those stands look great. I might suggest thinking about painting them black or grey instead of staining them, getting them to match the speaker stain would be pretty hard.

The stands are great, Bob! And very practical too! I can't store DVDs or *ahem* Village People albums in my stands.

Just a thought - if you have the room to do so, you may want to consider moving the surrounds back a bit as opposed to having them directly in line with the seating. Not only do I think the surround performance would be improved but you'd also eliminate the possiblity of bumping them.

Heh, Heh .....

When I staged the pics I just had to put the Village People Album up. I knew this crowd would have fun with it.

I'll probably go with a gloss enamel in black. While I'm at it I want to rip a 2" board to distribute the weight of the center speak to the sides of the TV. The other gear will go in the rack.

I remember the Dolby rule of 110 degrees and high for the surrounds. High and slightly behind the listener. The good part is that they are high ehough to clear the back of the couch.

The Onkyo N708 shows up Tuesday. Then some serious playing begins. :music-rockout:

Shhhhhh, DIY.

I don't want heeman to know I'm copying his every move. :angry-tappingfoot:

btw: The stands cost $160 for all four. And I was very pleased to open up the Mopad package and see that there four, not two. So it's $40 for a pair of speakers.

Amazon, here comes my visa again. Four for the surrounds, and now
I need two more for the center.

Since I received a $260 refund from The Paradigm dealer today (for the Stands). I'm still ahead of the game.

I was going to suggest making your own like I did, but if I had $40.....I would have done the same thing you did. You just can't beat functionality. Those are going to look great when you get them stained!

I love those 20s Bob. That rosewood looks great!

Congrats Bob !

Now the studio's look as good as they sound with that new look they have. I forget sometimes just how great those speakers are. I could very easily live with a pair of them and a pair of Mini Monitors for many years and never need more, they are really that good.

Thanks, Dent.

I appreciate your thoughts.

"A working class hero is something to be"

We all working class Heros.

Sometimes ..............

Bob, minwax has a red mahogany in the standard stain and a rosewood in the water base. Either one will be a close match to your speakers. Use a SATIN finish polyurethane over it and your set. Remember, prep is key. I used the water base, less stink and just as durable.

I love the color of those 20s... so nice... and I can't believe the price on the stands too... :handgestures-thumbup:

Bob R said:
So, I'm gearing up for more listening and my Pioneer Universal SACD/DVD-A player shit the bed last night.

I'm not entirely sure of all the latest lingo the hip folks say, but is "shitting the bed" basically another way of saying the player broke? If so, that sucks.

I forget... was yours a '578? fwiw... My '563 merely "wet the bed", so to speak. (I think that's the correct lingo for this situation?). It still plays movies, but unfortunately two of the 5.1 analog outputs broke for no good reason. Just up and decided not to work one day. Not that it was my main player, anymore, but it still kind of pissed me off when I found out about the problem.

Bob, I have a rarely used Denon universal DVD player that I was getting ready to list here in the classified section and eBay and local craigslist. I was going to dust it off and clean it and verify it's in good working order before doing so. PM me if your interested...of course I'll get the model #.

Bob............those stands and speakers look GREAT!!!

Copy my hangers or anything that I posted on here that is NO problem at all.

Let me know when you get the Onkyo so that we can share some tips. It appears that when I ran the AUDYSSEY, it never ran the Frequency Sweeps. I will be looking into that today. Other wise it is working well, just remember, I am not using any of the on board amplification. I can't wait to hear your feedback on how the on board amps push those 20's.

Oh Yea!!! YOU SUCK!!!!

Batman said:
Bob, I have a rarely used Denon universal DVD player that I was getting ready to list here in the classified section and eBay and local craigslist. I was going to dust it off and clean it and verify it's in good working order before doing so. PM me if your interested...of course I'll get the model #.

I appreciate the offer, Bat. I just picked up a region free Pioneer AV 610 universal player to replace the dead 578 (which just came back to life).

I also have a 563 in my back pocket. For when the 578 does give up the ghost.

I will now have two compete surround systems. But only one sub.

Don't anybody dare say it! :angry-tappingfoot:

-B- said:
Bob, minwax has a red mahogany in the standard stain and a rosewood in the water base. Either one will be a close match to your speakers. Use a SATIN finish polyurethane over it and your set. Remember, prep is key. I used the water base, less stink and just as durable.

Thanks -B-

Did I ever tell the story of when I polyurethane coated a set of stacking tables? I kept getting bubbles in the finish and had to sand and repeat. After seven coats I go to the paint store and start to complain.

Paint store guy:

Did you shake the can?

Me:

Yup

Paint store guy:

Don't do that!

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Bob R said:

:happy-smileygiantred:

Botch said:
Bob R said:

:happy-smileygiantred:

So what are you saying Bob? You needing a sub? :laughing:

SVS! (sorry, I had to)

:text-bump:
Sorry for not being around much when you posted this my dear friend.
I haven't heard the v5's but I'm still enjoying my v2's I got from -B-.
Pray everything is going well for you....keep enjoying the music.
We both have 20's & SVS tubes.........great combo

Back