• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Receiver???

Lookin' Good! Hope that you really enjoy it! Will this AVR power your Klipcsh?

Just to let you know, I got an email today from Outlaw and they have a B stock 975 pre/pro for $449 delivered.

Nice... was that scratch on it before you took it out of the box?

/Just kidding ya...

DAMN THIS THING WOULD BE SO MUCH SEXIER IF IT FUCKING WORKED.

WELL IT IS BACK IN THE BOX AND I HAVE AN R.A. TO SHIP IT BACK TO MARANTZ.

Randy said:
DAMN THIS THING WOULD BE SO MUCH SEXIER IF IT FUCKING WORKED.

No! What are the symptoms?

Randy said:

Back to Marantz? Why not back to accessories4less? And why are they not sending you another one?

Ok so here is the deal. It powers on and then it almost immediately goes into protection mode, like a speaker wire is shorted. It even did it without the speakers hooked up. Called accessories4less and they said exchanges are done directly through Marantz. Called Marantz and tried to do a reset unsuccessfully.

Guy from Marantz said they will send me a shipping label and as soon as they have confirmation I sent it they will send me a new one. I'm not all together crazy about that and I want a working unit yesterday.

Like I said, I sure do miss brick and mortar stores.

Randy said:
Ok so here is the deal. It powers on and then it almost immediately goes into protection mode, like a speaker sire is shorted. It even did it without the speakers hooked up. Called accessories4less and they said exchanges are done directly through Marantz. Called Marantz and tried to do a reset unsuccessfully.

Guy from Marantz said they will send me a shipping label and as soon as they have confirmation I sent it they will send me a new one. I'm not all together crazy about that and I want a working unit yesterday.

I believe Marantz will take care of you. Are they replacing it with another B stock unit?

Randy said:
Ok so here is the deal. It powers on and then it almost immediately goes into protection mode, like a speaker sire is shorted. It even did it without the speakers hooked up. Called accessories4less and they said exchanges are done directly through Marantz. Called Marantz and tried to do a reset unsuccessfully.

Was the label emailed at least, just to expedite the process just a little?

They said the label would be emailed immediately but I haven't received it yet.

Bats, not sure what they are going to do. They said it would be coming directly from Marantz so I don't know if they are gonna send another refurb, b-stock, new or what?

OK so I need your opinions once again. Here are my options the way I see them.

1. Ship it back to Marantz and exchange it for another unit (B-stock, refurb, whatever, I don't know) I'm wondering if Marantz moving their manufacturing to China has compromised their QC???

2. Contact Accessories4less and tell them this whole refurb thing has now scared the shit out of me and I want a refund and see what they say.

3. Get the refund and call up Outlaw and order the 975 and 7075 amp for only $100 more. This allows me to have a nice amp for a long time and when the pre/pro becomes antiquated I can replace it without replacing an entire receiver including the amplifier section.

4. Add another $300 and get the Outlaw 975/ 7125 combo which gives me more power in case I ever switch over to speakers that are not as efficient as my current Klipsch setup.

5. This amp is also a 7 channel which will afford me some future upgradeability options over my current 5.1 setup.

Nope they have a 30 day refund policy. I think the unit arriving DOA is the key here. If it were a working unit and I just changed my mind then I could certainly see them charging a restocking fee.

If they try to charge me any restocking fee for a unit that arrived DOA I will be pissed and although it is highly unlike me as I try to be a roll with punches no drama kind off guy, I would absolutely FUCKING FLIP MY SHIT!!! Which may include driving to Florida to hand deliver said DOA unit and spending a night or two in a Florida pokey.

Thankfully accessories4less has a pretty substantial record for great customer service and I have never heard one single complaint from any of their customers so I think the above is HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

Plus, Mark told me I had a 30 day option for exchange or refund so I know they are going to make it right. So far they have been absolutely top notch in handling this. I'm talking immediate attention and instructions on how I should proceed.

Does the Outlaw have all the features that you want or need? If yes, then I suggest you return the Marantz and get the Outlaw combo.

I am going to double check features right now. I think so but I am not positive.

Back