• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Receiver???

So I have 2 questions about the Outlaw that I can not find on the website

1. Does the 975 do full bandwidth HDMI pass through? I am assuming not since advertised video scaling is 720p.

2. does the Outlaw have any room correction like the Audyssey included in the Marantz? Again I am assuming not since it is not listed on the website.

However I know room correction software is not everything and the Outlaw could sound superb without room correction doo dads.

Randy said:
So I have 2 questions about the Outlaw that I can not find on the website

1. Does the 975 do full bandwidth HDMI pass through? I am assuming not since advertised video scaling is 720p.

2. does the Outlaw have any room correction like the Audyssey included in the Marantz? Again I am assuming not since it is not listed on the website.

However I know room correction software is not everything and the Outlaw could sound superb without room correction doo dads.

1. Yes

2. No

I love mine and never used my room correction on my Onkyo.

Let me know what else you would like to know about the 975. I will do my best to answer. Very simple menu and easy set-up. Menu graphics and fonts, nothing fancy. I could not pass it up for the money and glad I made the purchase.

I was having a hard time trying to choose between the Marantz and a Pioneer ELITE, went with the ELITE and I don't think I could be much happier. Has pretty much every feature under the sun and sounds great.

But the OUTLAW package looks great too..... Ugh. Lol.

No phone call, which they were supposed to give me to tell me to check my email, no email, no call tag... :angry-tappingfoot:

COME ON MARANTZ, I know you are a multi national company, but... :angry-tappingfoot:

DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AM!!! :teasing-tease: :teasing-tease: :teasing-tease:

Man!

It sucks to hear what you're dealing with. All I can say is good luck!

Taking it all in stride Tom, but thanks for the empathy. I am learning with age not to let things stress me out.

Got the shipping label and I am on my way to FedEx right now.

Glad the label came in.

It's annoying and you'll laugh about it in a few months, but yeah, I can understand how frustrating it can be. While online sales can save a bunch of $$$, the bad thing is that when something goes wrong it doesn't do it by half measures. Problem is, there's not a real wide array of places to get decent A/V equipment locally anymore... my favorite STL area shop has been gone now for a few years and the remaining ones seem to be more invested in selling home automation and installation/set up services than in just the equipment itself.

It's one of the side effects of internet commerce that isn't pleasant.

AndySTL said:
Good to hear. I'm guessing that once you get the working unit you will be very happy.

Yes. Every man is happier when his unit works.

Wait, what are we talking about again?

Well after doing a little checking I found out the FedEx doucher logged my delivery as "could not locate recipient" at 9:35 am.

I left for work at 10 til 8 and passed my sister less than a block from my house. She came over and sat here to accept the delivery.

So I guess we will try again tomorrow.

Did I mention how much I miss brick and mortar stores???

It's in and hooked up. Basic setup and calibration is done, but I don't have sound on pass through.

Gonna dig into the manual and see what I can find.

Randy said:
It's in and hooked up. Basic setup and calibration is done, but I don't have sound on pass through.

Gonna dig into the manual and see what I can find.

If it's anything like my Denon, you have to turn on "HDMI Control" and then it allows you to select a standby pass through input.

Thanx Andy,
That was it. It just took me a little time to find it. I hooked it up and did the setup while home for lunch and just ran out of time.

It appears to be working fine. I have the pass through working perfectly now and all appears good.

WOOHOO!!!

I have one other issue though, when I have my laptop paired with my display (youtube) I now get no sound. Neither from the TV nor the AVR.

I would think with the TV connected to the AVR through HDMI with ARC, whatever is on the display should play through the AVR, kinda like TV does.

I used to have sound over the TV when paired with the laptop, but now I have no sound either way.

Ideas???

AndySTL said:
I know how you can fix that Youtube audio issue...buy an Apple TV for under $100 :)

star_wars_its_a_trap.jpg

Remember Andy I was there when you guys talked Chuck into spending his hard earned cash on AppleTV so you guys could play with it.

You gotta love Apple...

But, we had a good time and that was a great weekend and it was your money after all :laughing-rolling:

Back