• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Saldog's Basement Build Thread

Pics of panels.

Left side
KI9SOxPTOmhIg9bc0lBSrHYmduC5VH__Eb4UvEd055I=w874-h655-no

Right side
iNLktEsFG0D8kkbNHQbFHC_IOr4fgVF8UjYq1yxYeTM=w874-h655-no

drPWbjVzXKnrEMIgDF6mJVr4SeXj1SaoU2mGLN7tCF4=w874-h655-no

3_UroqWZ4cmA7PkCjfBsLTqJ3M-4PvMV5i9WxPgXPCc=w874-h655-no

Front screen wall, with new sub. I should have used flash...
UDr2I_aaMZH1hF6Xtu7QqMT4dsZM3t0m_OKbom_ESKw=w874-h655-no

Second sub on riser. Phone didn't want to focus for some reason
f8jQj4ECKVSDDtiuWLdFu3TYB_G6kzyhLVSHhOTfPMk=w874-h655-no

I still need to mount the ceiling one. The french cleat for that arrives tomorrow.

Got the ceiling one mounted last night, so tonight I will re-run Audyssey and crank up some music.

For those of you that i haven't connected with on Facebook... we are moving! Yes, all this work finishing the basement, and we only got to enjoy it completely done for about a year. I got a great opportunity for a new position within my company, but the position is in Oklahoma City. So we will be relocating there.

As for the home theater, hopefully buyers see it as a huge bonus. I will definitely keep the subs, but will offer the screen and projector with the house. The speakers i will consider selling with the house for the right price. As much as i like the Studio series, i wouldn't mind trying something new. I'll probably take the acoustic panels as well, except for the one on the ceiling.

We can get a lot more house for the $$ in OKC area, but not many houses have basements. We'll have to really think about how to create a media room / theater in a new house.

Congrats on the new job! We have some good friends that live in OKC. They are not originally from there but they like it alot. Hopefully you will too!

Congrats on the new job. I've had a couple of friends in the same situation and if it were me I would have offered everything as a package and negotiated what the new owners want to keep. Plus, like you said it might give you the opportunity to try some new speakers and you may find something you like even more than the Studio stuff, I love my Studio setup but I also wouldn't mind an upgrade at this point.

Best of luck and congrats again.

saldog said:
We can get a lot more house for the $$ in OKC area, but not many houses have basements.

Try to find one wid, OKC has more tornadoes than basements. :scared-eek:

Congrats. I understand there is some very nice fishing East/Southeast Okla area, catfish, and I think duckbill/paddlefish.

Mike, best of luck to you & your awesome wife and family. Keep us all in the loop with the move! Be safe, stay happy and be good to each other, always!! ;)

Sounds like you need to host a GTG before you go. We could tear up the place and it wouldn't matter (as much) since you are leaving anyway!

Best of Luck to you Mike!

Seems like these better Career Opportunities have blessed some of us here recently.

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Thanks guys (and Barb). Botch, we are definitely aware of the tornado risk, so if we don't have a basement, we'll get a place with a storm shelter. We are only looking to live north of OKC, though, and it's really south of the city that gets them more (e.g. Moore, Norman).

Deacon, hosting a gtg would be fun, but i'm not sure it's in the cards with the timing, unfortunately. I'll just have to work with Chris to see if he can schedule the next Batcave gtg at a time i can make it back east :)

Thanks for this fishing tip, Barney. We haven't done it much, but we got to take our kids out last summer on a lake in CT, and they loved it.

And Randy, i think i will basically create a price list that can be shared once we have a decently firm offer. The house includes the screen and projector, but if you want the receiver add $xxx, if you want the speakers add $xxxx, subs add $xxxx.

On a related note, i'll be renting a room for a few months between when i move out and Renate heads out with the kids (we don't want to pull them out of school mid-year). Because of that, i want to buy a decent set of headphones, preferably around the $100 price point, but i wouldn't be against going up to $150 if it is worth it. I really have little experience with decent headphones, so any suggestions?

Also, i'll just be bringing my PS3 and HTPC, and will buy a ~40" TV when i get there. So i'll need to connect the headphones to the TV. It seems most TVs have stereo RCA outputs. So i just buy a stereo-RCA (m) to 3.5mm (f) cable, and then buy a 3.5mm (m) to a 1/4" (f) adapter (if needed for the headphones)?

EDIT: Ok, let's say i increase the budget to $200. What would people recommend then? Audio-Technica ATH-M50x is $170 on Amazon... Also, it appears most HP come with a 3.5mm connection, so no need for that adapter.

Back