• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Sony UBP-X800

Still wanting to pull trigger but I have so many other things to buy
artworks-000158672079-0gbvsi-t500x500.jpg

I went online today. The X800 is back up to $299 across the board. May have missed my window.

I went online today. The X800 is back up to $299 across the board. May have missed my window.
This might make you feel better. Mine, and from what I read, many others are very buggy. I actually hold my breath everytime I turn it on. It's always a simple fix to get it back up but still its ridiculous. I'm still happy I have because of what I paid for it and how flexable it is. Honestly not sure I'd buy it again though.

Really? I've never had a single bit of trouble with mine... Though granted I don't use it terribly often, but at least once a week or so.

Mine has worked fine as well, but I am not utilizing any of the streaming features.

That said, this model is getting long in the tooth, I expect a new model will launch in the next 4 to 6 months, maybe announced at CES in January. Then this unit will see a price drop as retailers unload inventories.

Glad I bought mine when it was on the cheap, although I didn't hit the $150 mark, just slightly higher than that. Would agree that at times it can be buggy. Had to unplug it and plug it back in the other day do to it being froze up, but it only happens probably a couple of times a month. Netflix has never looked better when streamed on the Sony though.

When mine arrived it came locked up. It was a pain in the ass to reset it that first time. It's now done the same thing 3 more times. The last 3 times were easy to fix, unplug it. The bitch is getting to my plug. It's also lost all my settings once. I only use every 2 or 3 weeks for cds mostly.

When mine arrived it came locked up. It was a pain in the ass to reset it that first time. It's now done the same thing 3 more times. The last 3 times were easy to fix, unplug it. The bitch is getting to my plug. It's also lost all my settings once. I only use every 2 or 3 weeks for cds mostly.

That's crazy.

If I recall, this unit doesn't have a removable cable on the back which lakes unplugging it more difficult. Is it on a filtered AC circuit, like a TrippLite IsoBar?

That's crazy.

If I recall, this unit doesn't have a removable cable on the back which lakes unplugging it more difficult. Is it on a filtered AC circuit, like a TrippLite IsoBar?
No it's not. A low dollar power strip.
Crazy timing but it just locked up on me while playing a cd. I powered it off and back on and it said it wasn't compatible with the disk. It's a factory lyle lovett disc. This was a first.

No it's not. A low dollar power strip.
Crazy timing but it just locked up on me while playing a cd. I powered it off and back on and it said it wasn't compatible with the disk. It's a factory lyle lovett disc. This was a first.

Barring something strange like extremely dirty power, brownouts, or a major heat issue, it sounds like it was a lemon when it was returned.

Is Dentman's a refurbished unit?

Mine has never locked up when playing or streaming something, just usually at the main menu and I think once at the Netflix menu. Mine is hooked up to a monster power center, and is easily unplugged, so I really haven't lost any sleep over the handful of times it has locked up. I would still recommend this player.

Is Dentman's a refurbished unit?

Mine has never locked up when playing or streaming something, just usually at the main menu and I think once at the Netflix menu. Mine is hooked up to a monster power center, and is easily unplugged, so I really haven't lost any sleep over the handful of times it has locked up. I would still recommend this player.
No. Mine was new.

That's what I thought. It was Flints comment about it being a lemon when it was returned confused me.

Back