1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Sony UBP-X800

Discussion in 'Source Components II' started by Xgm3, May 23, 2017.

1. Flint

Flint "Do you know who I am?" Superstar

I'm gonna die mine up tonight. I haven't used it in months

2. Dentman

Dentman Well-Known Member

Let me know how it goes.

3. Dentman

I've never had any long term luck with Sony. That's why I ended up with the Samsung TV.

4. Huey

Huey Well-Known Member Famous

That sucks Jack! I've been working a bunch lately, so I haven't played around with it much, but did watch a bluray with the grandson yesterday without any problems.

5. Dentman

The player its self started working right away after a simple unplugging of the cord. I have a Roku and also built in apps on my TV so really it's no big deal. I just liked using the players interface the most.

6. Huey

Did you try the button "show all apps"? Maybe they are still on there, but you need to re-add them to the home screen.

7. Dentman

Yes I did. Crazy isn't it.

8. Huey

So did the apps show up in the sub menu?

9. Dentman

No, they are no where to be found. Hitting the add app section brings you to a blank page.

10. Huey

That is very strange. Hope it's an isolated incident, as Netflix looks the best when played through this player.

11. JeffMackwood

JeffMackwood Maxi-Me

Suggestion: perhaps re-installing the latest firmware via USB might help.

Here's the link to the Sony site to download it, and installation instructions.

If the player has the latest firmware (which dates from 2017 September 26) it might reject an attempt to load that same version. But then again it might proceed and overwrite with what's on the USB stick. (Surely any designer worth his salt would have allowed for this possibility!) No harm in trying. You just might get everything back.

Jeff

12. Dentman

Yes it does. Not to mention I'm much more likely to get Dolby digital surround via the player then through Roku.

13. Dentman

Thanks Jeff. That's most likely the best bet.

14. Haywood

Haywood Well-Known Member Famous

I would love to see a shootout between this Sony and the NVidia Shield TV for streaming picture and sound quality.

15. Dentman

I'm looking forward to trying the TV's built in apps and seeing the difference. Just have to get off my ass and hook up the audio.

16. Dentman

My apps are back....go figure.

17. Lone Stranger

Lone Stranger Well-Known Member

It must run on MS Windows. Windows is known to do stupid stuff like that.

18. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

Is the X80 the same as the X800?

19. JeffMackwood

JeffMackwood Maxi-Me

Massdrop claims it is.

20. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Walmart says same but identifies it as discontinued. I may just go X800 to be safe.