• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Big House System - Pics

Towen7 said:
I'm with everyone else so far. I like the way this looks much better.

What's important though is what you think. After all... it is your place and your stuff. So... what do you think?

I like it and as much as I said I didn't care about the FP I like it. The whole house is a work in progress concerning my tastes, I have been looking at stuff to put on the walls. You can't see it but cathedral ceiling that peaks at 15' with a ceiling fan. I feel like Jed Clampett, all I need is a ceeement pond.

And Barney - Mom says I have no power concerning the GF clock - it's hers. :teasing-tease:

nice move there bud.

if you dont mind me saying, id consider building a tv riser for your tv. i dont feel comfortable seeing your tv on the center speaker.

is it magnetically shielded? :teasing-tease:

on a serious note, it will look better with one so you can isolate the center speaker and avoid any problems later on.

mostly aesthetics.

but a SIGNIFICANT difference, and i didnt even notice the space change.

jomari said:
nice move there bud.

if you dont mind me saying, id consider building a tv riser for your tv. i dont feel comfortable seeing your tv on the center speaker.

on a serious note, it will look better with one so you can isolate the center speaker and avoid any problems later on.

mostly aesthetics.

but a SIGNIFICANT difference, and i didnt even notice the space change.

Center channel placement is temporary. It is not there to raise the TV, it is the only place i could put it right now. Like I have with the main setup at the little house I am getting a wall mount like they use for CRT TV's in the hospital and place it above the TV for the center channel. Somewhere along the line I see replacing the current cabinet, it was a cheap thing I bought for this system when it was in the basement.

Baby steps. :happy-smileygiantred:

jomari said:
i dont feel comfortable seeing your tv on the center speaker.

I'm not sure magnetic fields even affect LCD/LED tv's... :think:

No... LCD TVs are not affected by magnetic fields.

LED TVs are LCD, so there isn't a differentiator between LCD and LED.

Botch said:
jomari said:

What about an older 720p Sammy plasma which is what this is.

This is essentially the same setup that was in the basement for the last 2-3 years TV on the center channel and no problems, though it had minimal usage.

I have not had a chance to do anything with the new Yamaha receiver except make the connections and I have to say not bad. Listening to some 2 channel music thru an iPad (I know Flint) andpretty damn good.(though there are several mind altering substances in my body).

I'm settling in.

Flint said:

d'Oh, I meant LCD/Plasma. :doh: :oops:

Botch said:
Flint said:

Hey if I recall correctly you are closing in on me, mind slips to be expected.

mzpro5 said:
Botch said:
Flint said:

Nope, I'm not, you're not recalling correctly. :snooty:

:teasing-neener:

Botch said:
mzpro5 said:
Nope, I'm not, you're not recalling correctly. :snooty:

:teasing-neener:
Of course no matter what I will always be X number of years older than you. (respect your elders)

Well at least until you know . . . :teasing-tease:

Botch said:
jomari said:

Flint said:

thus the smiley 'tease' emoticon. it was a joke.

but to clarify, it only affects older crt displays. :D

I might bitch and moan about audio formats and source devices, but at least you are actually listening to music. Many buy these expensive systems, get advice, tweak and tune, then never use them - or worse, they only use them to show off.

Enjoy the music, my friend!

On to phase two, moving all media and the system from the little house to the basement of the big house, future home of my "real" HT.

Handyman came over today, helped me pack up all the media and move it to the big house. 14 boxes a bit smaller tha egg crate boxes. Especially with CDs the problem is not volume but weight.

Moving all the equipment tomorrow. Sitting here right now and the difference in sound with all the media on shelves around the room gone is strange.

Think I figured out what removing the media from the shelves around the room did.

It has "opened up" the room. It sounds quite fine.

Room is only about 15x10

Huey said:
Glad to hear you are settling in Jeff!
Sorry those last comments were about the little house and removing everything.

Progress report:

Barn the pro came out the other day and moved and got "your" grandfather clock going. I took your advice and did not put it by the window.

Got the big move done. All the media and HT stuff from the little house plus all my personal computers and accessories.

Also found my point and click Canon in the move and taking some decent pics. Unfortunately I won't post them until tomorrow as I don't have a laptop set up yet upstair( using the iPad now) and after entertaining the friends that helped in the move I don't feel like going down to the basement to transfer and post.

Also kept the MTS towers upstairs and am gonna play around tomorrow putting them in the living room setup and listens to some 2 channel thru them.

Things are shaping up in the LR

0fb09a8c.jpg

48aa616b.jpg

And here is a shot of the screened in patio with Yogi under the table.

1cb497f1.jpg

Back