• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Dark Knight Rises!!

I see it now. The ironic thing is that dude is the only one that wasn't shot at that night.

I saw this again at an IMAX theater (our closest one 2 hrs away) in Corpus Christi this past weekend. The theater was not as big as the one outside of Philly, however the picture and sound was great.

This was the first viewing for my wife, Barb and she couldn't stop talking about it for the rest of the weekend. When we got home Sunday, we watched Batman Begins and it really filled in a lot for us.

We almost never go out to the movies, however this was a great time. For me to see a movie twice in a theater, IMAX no less, is just a huge event. My second viewing of this really showed me how much I missed the first time.

Can't wait for it to come out on BD!

i wont be able to see this one in theaters, my wife doesnt want to watch a 'horror' movie.

*sigh*

jomari said:
i wont be able to see this one in theaters, my wife doesnt want to watch a 'horror' movie.

*sigh*
So go w/o her :happy-smileygiantred: It'll cost you less that way too...

Keith, glad you enjoyed it the second go 'round as well!

jomari said:

*sigh*

Dude...

untitled-2.jpg

i know right?

what i didnt know? you'd have to surrender your balls when you get married to the priest when they put the ring on.

and to think i had to watch morning glory with her the other day.

f*ck.

jomari said:
i know right?

what i didnt know? you'd have to surrender your balls when you get married to the priest when they put the ring on.

and to think i had to watch morning glory with her the other day.

f*ck.
Wait til you go to Vegas and have to sit thru Riverdance! :teasing-tease:

And whats with categorizing TDKR as a "horror" flick??? :think:

Batman said:
And whats with categorizing TDKR as a "horror" flick??? :think:

Bane. she doesnt like how bane looks like. i even got entertainment weekly (free from hotel) that shows it, and she freaked out a bit.

I saw the TDKR again last nite well actually 1 1/2 times, went to the 8:45pm show which I did not realize was on a small screen. Also I was stuck at the very back of the theatre, sound sucked and the view was not enveloping.

So I switched to the 10:00 showing which had stadium seating and much better sound. I sat vertically lower in relation to the screen than I liked, however it was more than made up by being closer to the screen. I like the feeling of being in the movie POV, like at the IMAX at the Bat GTG that was the best.

I saw this posted a few other places on the interwebs today....

Was Tom Waits the inspiration for Heath Ledger's version of The Joker?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCSc6E4yG9s[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnwJuA5n8Gc[/youtube]

I could see a lot of the Joker in the first video clip, Tom came off to me as really shy, introverted, and really uncomfortable on that set, not to mention pretty quirky. The second clip he seemed more relaxed, and confident, not trying hide in his lap or behind his hat. I liked his sense of humor in the story about the boy who got in trouble for taking his album to class for show and tell.

The first clip reminded me of the scene when Joker is talking to the mob bosses. When Gamble calls him (Joker) a freak he gets a defensive. The first part of the second clip reminded me of when the Joker and his henchmen stormed Wayne's fundraising party or Dent.

Anyway, the similarity in the voice and the body movement is pretty amazing.

do i REALLY need to see this in imax. my wifes lunch plans were cancelled, but she wants to do shopping so i have the chance to go out to watch a movie.

opinions?

I would rather see it projected on the side of a moving van than not see it at all. Personally I think the theater itself (not the screen) make more of a difference than IMAX.

After seeing this movie 6 times now, I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to see it in imax unless the picture and image are more important than the film itself. Although, largely due to the company I was with, I really enjoyed seeing the film in IMAX the sound mix can really be hit or miss. I thought the dialogue was overwhelmed by sound effects and/or the score for many of the important parts of the movie. All but one of the times, the normal venues were superior for HEARING everything. To be fair though, at the same IMAX venue the we saw TDKR, I have also seen Tron, and The Avengers and did not have the same issues...

i guess im downloading it via bitorrent then!

kidding aside, i think im going to stick with regular viewing then.

thanks folks.

is the movie really 2 hours and 42 minutes? guess i have to bring a jacket and bottle tomorrow. :happy-smileygiantred:

Back