• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Dark Knight Rises!!

jomari said:
is the movie really 2 hours and 42 minutes? guess i have to bring a jacket and bottle tomorrow. :happy-smileygiantred:

It moves very quickly and never a slow moment............

Looking forward to your comments!

first off, watched this at 11am, and realize why people buy movie tickets for 1130. it takes forever for people to buy popcorn, order chicken filets, soda etc. when i used to watch movies back at home, id just buy the tickets and GO IN. no need for drinks, snacks or anything else. i focus on watching the movie, and take myself into the film and not on feeding drinking feasting myself with stuff i can do later on. its not dinner and a show. its a movie.

anyways, got in, annoyed as hell because a couple beforehand got the seats RIGHT NEXT TO the perfect middle seat. i was seated RIGHT NEXT TO IT on my left. my left side is where the G Spot was. but didnt want to freak out the couple next to us because it wasnt as full enough as it would be to sit right next to another couple. id be wierd. but be wierder to explain why im sitting next to her girlfriend or whatever. and yes, the other G spots where taken.

anyways, yadah yadah yadah.

my brain is in a fix right now, a bucket full of emotions after watching the film. i purposely avoided to see reviews and or opinions regarding the movie, because i want to enjoy it till the end. (spoiler alert: there is NOTHING after the credits).

in general, there is a certain precursor i have when it comes to christopher nolan movies. ive expected my brain to work, and thus the predetermined stretching was needed.

The dark knight rises is the culmination of years that we have seen Bruce Wayne transform from one person to a legend. amazingly enough, i love the fact that nolan has chosen this as a perfect ending to a trilogy. the whole movie goes into full circle, leaving me emotionally wondering what or how it all passed. as much of a batman fan i am, i guess i could never afford the luxuries of others. yes ive read them, ive read the comics, collected a couple here or there, but never afforded the gallantries of having a second copy for the sake of it. for what its worth, i read the dark knight from a friends copy. a friends copy. i couldnt afford it day one. im the broke fan who admires him from afar.

i digress.

The story remains solid, showing his breakdown, his humanity from the very start, until the very end. we see him dependent on the people he loves, and how he fears losing more of them. We see the development of not only Wayne, into a better person or a worse one, we see the other characters blossom as well, but not losing focus on how bruce wayne was determined to show up again after 8 years in his abandoned city. i see his determination, but i also saw his loss. i loved the simplicity of showing his relationship with alfred, but also how it turns out. Alfred shows he wasnt afraid of his emotions towards Bruce, but also his concerns as a father, better yet, him as his son. Thus the beautiful realization of a simple dream, that he must learn to live on, or at least, move, contort, change SOMETHING.

This was also seen by Bane in his introduction. Ive also considered Bane as one if not the best villain Bats ever had. He wasnt just a thug, he had wits with him. not as much in the comic books, but in this case Nolan has invested himself into a character that was more tangible, something we can see, and more important, someone we can fear. No mask needed. this was already instilled in the beginning of the movie. This was pure anarchy in a form of bulk and mask. Was he better than the joker? i cant say, its like comparing the penguin with mr. freeze. each of the characters introduced in the comic book is a reflection of who and what the times shows us. Bane was written later on, and shows that there was a sense of maturity of the fans to 'accept' such a bold anarchist, someone with reason to destroy.

Towards the end, i felt that feeling you have when you know something good was about to end. Do you know that this is the last of the series? do you know that somehow, at one point or another, this is possibly the closure you dont want to happen? ITs too good to be true, it shouldnt end, it should just continue on and on. We should have batman 4 batman 5 batman 6 i dont care. But nolan was too smart for this.

We find ourselves invested into a series, a great dance from start to finish, to accomodate the moment, THE glory of it, and see ourselves saying goodbye to it to remember what beauty it had in its resilience.

No need to extend something just for the money, for the fame, for the feeling of enjoying the movie. Just let it be, let us enjoy it as a whole and continue with new stories, new beginnings.

I felt that at one point, they would recognize that lives move on, and gladly, they did. No need to persue the end, because there isnt one. Batman, in my perspective, lived and died to serve Gotham. Wayne moved on, and so did everyone else. Do i see Nightwing in the near future? of course its a possibility, but i believe we wont see one. I believe nolan wants us to believe that Gotham has a new hero, but we dont need to peek into that chapter. Not yet.

One thing i grew afraid of, was that in the near future, in my lifetime, we will see a reboot. another swing at batman. Someone else, another batman, another keaton, kilmer, clooney, now bale, who will it be? and why? to make money, to top nolan, to appease peoples needs? i dunno. i hope and pray there wouldnt be one, simply because it would be difficult to top this one.

So, in a nutshell, my take on this movie. simple. closure. This was a wonderfully made movie, that doesnt call for you to watch it over and over again because you needed it to understand it, but because you enjoy it. For me, i think im going to compare this as a lifetime experience. One of those that you can enjoy, grasp and savor the moment, until you get the chance to do it again. Not like a roller coaster ride, but more or less like a $100 dollar meal. you will come to enjoy it another day, and i will enjoy, savor, and take my time with it like a very good glass of wine.

Thank you for making me watch this movie. it will be a while until i get to enjoy anything quite like this.

*edit, i just saw there is one set for 2016. oy ve.

*** ONE thing that bothered me tho, was how bane spoke. At times i could clearly see or hear what he was saying, but others, took me a tad longer, like a delay in my circuit to 'listen' to him. i had to close my eyes from time to time. i guess at times im used to hitting the 'rewind' button, or hit up the subtitles ON button.

anyways, just a insignificant rant.

i thought people wrote down their thoughts on this thread? am i writing too soon? sorry if ever, mods can move it if needed.

Good stuff Jomari!! I'm glad you enjoyed it. You're correct, there are no plans to expand on this trilogy, the ending is to allow you to imagine the world goes on, Gotham is in good hands, nothing more need to be said.

There will be another creative team that will take the reigns and devise a new Dark Knight and series interpretation to go along...And another after that, etc.

edited my thoughts a bit, just because i pondered on how this wouldve been criticized with comparison to the joker, a topic shared amongst hobbyist as well. Who was the better villain, who has 'outdone' the batman? who played his role better?

Its a great topic, and well, i just thought that both of them demanded two different things from the bat. one reached for his emotions, his loved ones, and simply tried to destroy them. the other went directly for who HE was, for his fears, for his darker side, and bend it, contort it to enrage him to a point of hitting rock bottom.

At one point of the film i felt that Bane DID something Raz didnt, it made him embrace his fears, not in form of bats, but in the form of letting himself go, to be brutefully the rage he decided to be, and yet remain with purpose or steadfast on course.

Its amazing, i thought the story was impeccably done well.

I've seen TDKR twice, both in IMAX here in Houston. I have until November 9th to catch it once or twice more. So Batman you recommend checking it out in non-Imax? I enjoy the hell out of the visual performance of the Imax.

Not necessarily, I'm just not fond of the way the theater is calibrated for sound at IMAX King of Prussia near Philly. If you prefer IMAX visually and can hear everything fine, that's the way to go!!

Batman said:
Not necessarily, I'm just not fond of the way the theater is calibrated for sound at IMAX King of Prussia near Philly. If you prefer IMAX visually and can hear everything fine, that's the way to go!!

Understood. May try to sneak in to see it once in regular RPX and once again in Imax

Okay, I had a hard time giving in to just seeing it on a regular movie screen. So I went to the IMAX again for my third viewing, all in IMAX. I have unsuccessfully watched the movie without using the restroom. I have learned that one scene I don't mind missing since it is slow so I choose to go then.

Batman-On-Film has posted that TDKR will be released on BD 12/4/12. WooHoo!! :banana-rock: Keeping an eye out for all the limited editions and collector's boxsets...

Chris according to the Flipboard article there will be 20 featurettes but zero deleted scenes in the special "Broken Cowl" Bluray of TDKR. Can't wait to buy it.

Just a heads up for you guys, I'll probably wind up with 7-8 TDKR BDs. There are 2 digi-book editions, at least one steel book, the trilogy box set, limited edition release, and then some sort of ultimate collectors edition trilogy sometime in 2013. if some of you don't mind just the disc in a generic BD case with no slip cover, I can sell some of you guys a copy for maybe like $10/movie + shipping... Although I collect this stuff, I'm not gonna go crazy keeping mint unopened stuff around, it's more about having the different collectors cases, statues and booklets for me. If some of you guys would like these extra discs it's a win-win as far as I'm concerned...

1) Pauly
2) Jamhead
3) Botch
4) MattB

I'll take one. I'll pick it up sometime (hopefully before your next GTG :laughing: ) when I return the other stuff I've borrowed from you...

^^ Okay cool, I'll just keep a list in my post above. I guess it'll be 1st come-1st serve...BTW the release date is 12/4 so after I get all my versions, I'll probably drop them all in the mail that Saturday or something...

I'll take one if available, I have the other movies and haven't watched them yet, so it can probably wait til the next GTG. I don't even watch the extras on the simplest BDs, so the most basic is fine for me.
(and if you have a buyer willing to pay the shipping now, go for that instead)

Okay, well I have 4 BDs of TDKR. I still have Pauly and Jamhead down for two of them, do two more of you guys want to take the other two off my hands? For what it's worth I have 4 DVDs of the movie also...

Back