• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Upcoming Releases

Tuesday!

51eYEaI9WRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

billy-joel-live-at-shea-stadium.jpeg

Comes out Tuesday on Bluray (hey Heeman, how's that for timing?) :handgestures-thumbup:

Zing said:
Botch said:
Comes out Tuesday on Bluray
Do you mean Tuesday April 5th?

The CD/DVD combo will be relased this Tuesday (March 8th).
I just looked at the flyer in the Sunday paper again, it says
Best Buy Exclusive Blu-Ray;
so I guess BB has a jump on it.
The last Prince CD I bought was sold only at Target, although I now see it on Amazon. I'm not comfortable with those specific-merchant-exclusive kinda deals... :angry-tappingfoot:

Just ordered the five disc Tron Legacy/Tron Bluray, The Incredibles (4 disc Bluray) which comes out in April and Baraka all for under 95.00

The review is up on BD.com on Tron, vid & sound both are 5 B's!

"TRON: Legacy Blu-ray, Video Quality
4045_2.jpg

To preserve the original IMAX theatrical viewing experience, the picture image will alternate between 2.35:1 and 1.78:1 aspect ratios. The black matte bars on your screen will adjust accordingly.

I do wish seamless branching had been used to afford viewers the option of choosing between Tron Legacy's alternating aspect ratios and its fixed-ratio theatrical presentation. Personally, I find dynamic aspect ratios to be a wee bit of a distraction. I'd much rather immerse myself in a film than be pulled out of the experience every time the camera moves from a vast cityscape to a more intimate setting. But my gripe is a small complaint at best; one that doesn't factor into my impression of Disney's magnificent, jaw-dropping 1080p/AVC-encoded Blu-ray transfer in any way. Like the original Tron, Legacy is a film of two worlds: the dingy, all-too-real world of the Users and the neon-stepped world of the Programs, both of which look absolutely amazing in high definition. Claudio Miranda's gorgeous palette is bursting with steely colors, powerful primaries, relatively lifelike skintones and rich, inky blacks. Moreover, contrast is strong and stable throughout, delineation is impeccable and detail... oh, dear users, the detail. Crisp, clean and razor-sharp, Disney's transfer all but celebrates every subtle hexagon, sliver of hair and brilliant spark of light that graces the screen. Edges are masterfully rendered (without any ringing of note), fine textures are wonderfully resolved, a fine veneer of grain lends the picture a much-appreciated filmic resonance, and every seemingly infinite background comes alive. It may be a 2D presentation, but this is as close to 3D as a 2D image comes.

The technical encode is equally impressive. Significant artifacting, banding and other compression anomalies never set foot on the Grid, and the only oddity of note is a bit of noise that spikes from time to time (most noticeably in the skies at the beginning of Chapter 7). However, while the noise in question will surely draw a few eyes its way, it occurs as a result of the film's grainfield and the image's overall clarity, nothing more. It's by no means a cause for any concern, and by no means does it detract from the impact of the presentation. (At least not to the extent that it requires a reduction in score.) Legacy boasts one of the most gorgeous transfers of 2011 and it's only March. Fans of the film will hardly be able to contain their excitement.

TRON: Legacy Blu-ray, Audio Quality
4045_3.jpg

If you couldn't get enough of Daft Punk's magnetic score before, just wait until it grabs hold of you in the comfort of your own home theater via Disney's flawless, top-tier DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 surround track. The French duo's pulsing electonica, the very heartbeat of Legacy's drama and action, seems to emanate from every inch of the room, effortlessly filling the soundfield, raising hair on arms and necks with convincing precision, and taking full advantage of every speaker in the room. Yet the music never overwhelms or overpowers the mix, settling in amongst the gladiatorial chaos of the Grid. The LFE channel devotes its attention to bass beats and explosions, to equally rousing ends; the rear speakers tackle each beep with the same tenacity as the ever-present, ever-engaging atmospheric effects, acoustic touches and environmental ambience that populate Flynn's virtual world; and dialogue remains clean, clear, intelligible and perfectly prioritized from beginning to end, leaving little doubt as to whether the mix has been meticulously crafted or haphazardly tossed together. Cross-channel pans are transparent, directionality is eerily accurate, and dynamics are rousing and enveloping. In fact, the whole of the experience is incredibly immersive and there wasn't a moment -- not a single moment -- that I didn't feel entrenched in Legacy's two worlds. Disney's Blu-ray release offers the AV presentation to beat this year. Good luck, upcoming blockbusters.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/TRON-Lega ... 34/#Review"

Disney always puts out outstanding, top notch releases far as quaulity is concerned so looking forward popping this one in.

Botch said:

Comes out Tuesday on Bluray (hey Heeman, how's that for timing?) :handgestures-thumbup:

Hey Botch, I just saw this post!!!

All as I can say is GET THIS ONE!!!!!

The video and audio are superb!!!!!!

The performance is outstanding!!!!!

MatthewB said:
Just ordered the five disc Tron Legacy/Tron Bluray, The Incredibles (4 disc Bluray) which comes out in April and Baraka all for under 95.00
I can't wait until tues!! Tron-a-thon!!

Bats I plan on bringing Baraka to your GTG, this is the only film released shot in all 7K resolution cameras and then down converted to play on 1080p TV's/projectors. Can't wait to see it on your system.

They snuck The Voyage of The Dawn Treader out on an off date (yesterday the 8th) I am not a fan, not even a little, but I wanted to grab it for the kids...

Bats I saw that in the theater VODT, and man did that movie ever disappoint me considering the first two were so good.

Yep, we saw it in the theater with the kids and I didn't enjoy it from the outset...

walls said:
Botch said:

Awsome AWSOME Blu!!

Billy Joel was on Howard Stern a few months ago talking about this.
They mentioned some type of documentary that was shot for/about this concert.

Is that documentary part of what is included?

The DirtMerchant said:
Noticed that The Terminator will be released in a "Digibook" format next week.
What is digibook?
I believe that is the term used for its case. Rather than the typical plastic snap case, it's made of paper/cardboard and resembles a book.

the%2520exorcist%2520digibook.jpg

Just read in Sound & Vision that Roger Waters' The Wall tour is winding down, and its been filmed for a bluray release. Although I'da preferred it was all of Pink Floyd, this won't suck. :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

516cftBcvzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Woo-hoo, this is finally in the mail! I really look forward to seeing some of this @ Bat's...

Back