• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Upgrade bug

Xgm3

I'm looking to make an upgrade to my gear. I use a 2.1 setup using my SVS PB10 NSD I bought in 2008, and my speakers are HSU HB-1 MK 2's. The majority of the time I listen to music and if I watch a movie or TV show I stream them on Netflix and Amazon Prime. I enjoy both my speakers and sub, but was thinking about making a 2.2 setup. Is there a sub that would be a good match with my SVS or should I buy two subs that are exactly the same? Should I just keep my sub and upgrade my speakers? My room is 13ft wide and the length is 15ft. I have saved up $1600 and I'm open to any suggestions.

My humble opinion. Take the whole enchilada and spend it on better speakers. If you mostly listen to music then I would definitely go that route.
My two cents.
Mike

mcad64 said:
My humble opinion. Take the whole enchilada and spend it on better speakers. If you mostly listen to music then I would definitely go that route.
My two cents.
Mike

Thanks Mike! I was kind of thinking that to. I may have to give the PSA MTM 210's a try.

Xgm3 said:
mcad64 said:
My two cents.
Mike

Thanks Mike! I was kind of thinking that to. I may have to give the PSA MTM 210's a try.
I second Mike's suggestion.

I'd consider buying three new speakers for across the front, keeping your existing sub, and moving the HSUs to the surround positions, to get an excellent 5.1 system.

Jeff

Xgm3 said:
mcad64 said:
My two cents.
Mike

With that size room, you could save some good money by going with the MT-110's. What do you power your speakers with?

JeffMackwood said:
Xgm3 said:
mcad64 said:
My two cents.
Mike

I second Mike's suggestion.

I'd consider buying three new speakers for across the front, keeping your existing sub, and moving the HSUs to the surround positions, to get an excellent 5.1 system.

Jeff

That's a good suggestion, but I want to keep it as a 2.1 or 2.2 setup.

heeman said:
Xgm3 said:
mcad64 said:
My two cents.
Mike

What size is your room, you could save some good money by going with the MT-110's.

My room is 13ft wide and the length is 15ft.

I don't disagree with the "get better speakers" advice but since you mentioned a 2.2 setup ...

What is it that you want to achieve? Do you love your speakers but just feel your missing a little low end? Do you have the equipment to run a true stereo sub setup?

Towen7 said:
I don't disagree with the "get better speakers" advice but since you mentioned a 2.2 setup ...

What is it that you want to achieve? Do you love your speakers but just feel your missing a little low end? Do you have the equipment to run a true stereo sub setup?

I really just have the upgrade bug to be honest. I like my setup now but have been thinking about adding another sub. I'm open to new speakers too. I have the Outlaw 975 and an Outlaw amp.

Are you willing to buy used speakers? If so, $1600 could make for a nice upgrade. That's what I would do.

JeffMackwood said:

Jeff
I'm going to second this notion. Why? Because I know where you can get 3 identical fantastic sounding speakers that were, up until recently, used in a room similarly sized to yours for a LOT less than $1600 (as in $900 less). Unless of course you have an aversion to gorgeous high gloss Birdseye maple. :eusa-whistle:

Zing said:
JeffMackwood said:

Jeff
I'm going to second this notion. Why? Because I know where you can get 3 identical fantastic sounding speakers that were, up until recently, used in a room similarly sized to yours for a LOT less than $1600 (as in $900 less). Unless of course you have an aversion to gorgeous high gloss Birdseye maple. :eusa-whistle:

I have no aversion. What are they?

I literally googled "home theater upgrades" and saw a ton of suggestions about adding a sub is what made me think of a subwoofer upgrade.

Xgm3 said:
Zing said:
JeffMackwood said:

Jeff

I have no aversion. What are they?
Swan D2.1 SE

Is there a website Zing where I can check them out? Have you heard these speakers and do you recommend them?

Xgm3 said:
I literally googled "home theater upgrades"

:scared-yipes:
That's as dangerous as watching Yard Crashers or I Want That!

Xgm3 said:
Is there a website Zing where I can check them out? Have you heard these speakers and do you recommend them?
:happy-smileygiantred:

Back