• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

It has been WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too long since I last listened to this album. It's one where I like every song on the album I think...
I have their "Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes" album and like it but I have to be in the mood for it though.

I have their "Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes" album and like it but I have to be in the mood for it though.

I totally get that. Almost all music is going to be like that to some extent, but it will be especially for something with a bit of an edge to it. If you haven't tried Somewhere, i'd give it a go. It's my favorite album by Social Distortion.

71nHCjIsnOL._SX425_.jpg

The Blu-ray in this is freaking awesome.

Love this box set.

Been listening to this compilation a bunch lately. The 90's aren't exactly known for great music, but there are some really good songs on here. I can't remember where I picked it up, probably a thrift shop for just a couple of bucks, but I see it selling used on Amazon for $100. whatever.jpg

He's back, again!!!

I am enjoying the latest full album from Paul McCartney with his amazing band!

Paul-McCartney-Egypt-Station-Album-Cover-web-optimised-820.jpg

I mean, he isn't a kid anymore, but he still has amazing writing and recording skills. The sound quality is pretty darn good, the energy is way stronger than this old man should be able to produce. Love it.

I recommend you check it out if you like Paul's solo work at all.

51wcwE2vdXL__AC_US218_.jpg

Bought the CD used for $0.99CDN at The Thrift Store yesterday. Bonus: the CD booklet cover is signed by her!

gheTTo.jpg

Very typical fast-paced high-energy blues from Joe Banana.

I'm finding it highly enjoyable except that every time he sings I wish he'd hired someone else to do it for him.

Jeff

ps. He's playing Ottawa at the CTC on October 31st. Looks like they're not expecting a huge crowd as they've set up for what I think is the minimum seating configuration. If that's the case I think it's a huge goof: they should be playing the 10,000 seat Scotiabank Stadium instead. WAY better venue - in town instead of the middle of nowhere (ie. Kanata.)

A great legend of Power Pop, David Myhr, famous as a leader of The Merrymakers and other great pop bands who still has it.

Back