• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

81oZRfN%2BsyL._SL1409_.jpg

I gave the system a real work out last night.............................

BOOM!!

Thanks @Dentman for this recommendation!
The DVD-Audio is even more of a BLAST.

Jeff

The DVD-Audio is even more of a BLAST.

Jeff
That's was the version I heard first when I was demoing speakers back around 2002. I couldn't buy that, well, CD version fast enough after hearing it. I don't think its possible to love my music and not like this disc.

Today I am blasting everything I have from Bleu, also known as Bleu McCauley:

Best power-pop being produced today.

Beth-Hart-Bang-Bang-Boom-Boom.jpg

Wow~I haven’t posted here in ages...Zing is out this evening~business, not pleasure. So...I am baking for IDT this week, it was Sophie’s pic...Hahahaha!

I forgot how hard this chickie wails!

Amanda Marshall ‘Tuesday’s Child’~I just can’t find a jpeg image to post.

Highly irritating! Anyhoo...on with listening, & baking. ;)

^ Exactly! I was busy multi tasking last evening and just couldn’t find an image that would link fast enough. @mcad64
Thanks~Luv, luv Amanda, & yes, I know she is Canadian, :)

greta-van-fleet-anthem-of-the-peaceful-army-2018.jpeg

Greta Van Fleet's first studio album dropped yesterday, I just had a chance to listen to the whole thing and it is a damned fine piece of work. These guys are reviving blues-based guitar rock for an entirely new generation that did not grow up with it and they are already charting. Keep in mind, two of them were still in high school when they were signed last year and the oldest band member is 21. If they are this good now, I have nothing but high hopes for what they will produce in the future.

Highly recommended.

61KsWCPMvUL._SY355_.jpg

I'm really liking The Struts. They remind me of the Rolling Stones, Queen and The Killers. The lyrics are super cheeky ("Hey you! Don't you know who I think I am?") Their videos are also a ton of fun and their costumes are just beautifully over-the-top 70's retro. This is definitely not "serious" music, but they do a great job of making you feel like you are in on the joke. This is good old fashioned, unapologetic "drive the car into the swimming pool" rock 'n roll.

Halestorm's new album, Vicious, has a harder edge than their previous albums. This is unapologetic hard rock without nodding to pop sensibilities and I like it.
halestorm-VICIOUS_cover_FIN-e1532529264350.jpg

greta-van-fleet-anthem-of-the-peaceful-army-2018.jpeg

Greta Van Fleet's first studio album dropped yesterday, I just had a chance to listen to the whole thing and it is a damned fine piece of work. These guys are reviving blues-based guitar rock for an entirely new generation that did not grow up with it and they are already charting. Keep in mind, two of them were still in high school when they were signed last year and the oldest band member is 21. If they are this good now, I have nothing but high hopes for what they will produce in the future.

Highly recommended.

Listening to this right now. Agreed, really good stuff with a very classic Led Zepplin sound. Great writing, and wow their lead vocalist is phenomenal.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/greta-van-fleet-anthem-of-the-peaceful-army/

Edit: The review is hilarious, IMO. I haven't listened to the band enough to have much of an opinion...

HA!

I agree with that review, my favorite line:
"No one in this band offers anything in the way of personality that doesn’t sound like your average YouTube tutorial for a Jimmy Page-type pentatonic solo or a John Bonham-type shuffle."
I am not a fan, at all. And their sudden fame (and signing with William Morris at this point in their skill-set) is evidence of their plasticine molding by the people who invented the skill of Selling Out.

But that's me. I also hated The Thompson Twins back in the day and now I think they were great and I was wrong about them.

lol Coming from a man who idolizes The Who, I guess I'm not too concerned.

:moon:

I like it, and my opinion is the only one that matters.

I've seen footage of these guys from back before they were signed. Their sound has not particularly changed, though they have gotten better. Nobody has done old-school blues-based rock for years, so I'm not sure how this is a sell-out. Every time I hear Highway Tune, it puts a smile on my face.

Back