• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

My new 5.1 surround mix of:

king-crimson-476-l.jpg

:music-listening: :music-listening: :music-listening: :music-listening: :music-listening:

(... which, as I mentioned elsewhere, I can now listen to in glorious lossless DVD-A in my HT via my computer!)

PaulyT said:
My new 5.1 surround mix of:

king-crimson-476-l.jpg

:music-listening: :music-listening: :music-listening: :music-listening: :music-listening:

(... which, as I mentioned elsewhere, I can now listen to in glorious lossless DVD-A in my HT via my computer!)
One of the best album covers of all time

Still listening to the King Crimson. Only really listened to the DVD-A 5.1 mix. The disc contains several different mixes and alternate takes as well as a short B&W clip of the band performing 21st Century Schizoid Band at Hyde Park.

Heeman, that Tubes album brings me back to the summer of 1981. I remember purchasing that album and Foreigner's 4 album at the same time. i've just about worn those copies out. Don't know why that particular Tubes album was not a bigger hit. I remember the band appearing on Second City TV performing Sushi Girl. It was part of a skit with John Candy called the Fishing Musician.

ecff81b0c8a06069eb62a110.L.jpg

ed. review ~
"'In Step' embraces blues and rock without compromising the primal joys of either. This is Stevie Ray Vaughan's best studio album and the first he recorded sober. "Travis Walk" offers a heady rush of flat-picking, "The House is Rockin'" is full-tilt roots-boogie, "Let Me Love You Baby" and "Leave My Girl Alone" are sweet blues epiphanies, and the nine-minute instrumental "Riviera Paradise" is a truly soulful mix of blues and jazz. By now, just a year before his untimely death, Vaughan had also tamed his bawling voice into a rich instrument. In short, this 1989 session is Vaughan at his artistic peak. And the four compelling live performances added to this reissue--"The House Is Rockin'," "Let Me Love You Baby," "Texas Flood," and "Life Without You," all from the In Step tour--prove there was no studio trickery involved. It's raw blues-rock perfection."
~ Ted Drozdowski

0141.gif

61i9mbJbgPL._SY300_.jpg

(the original 1984 release on Epic label)

There's a 2010 remastered disc available (The Legacy Addition) that has also additional live & previously unreleased recordings.

Actualy the first new Hi-rez MC disc purchased, ever since I bought the five matched Studio 20's.

Steven does MC better than anyone.

Different, to be sure.

Raven That Refused To Sing - Steven Wilson

51c0pC4kiNL.jpg

I'm with you there. Joe's solo at the end of that one is just AWESOME!

(no bias here, of course)

^ you know that I am a big Glenn Hughes fan, however there are a couple tracks on this CD were his falsetto is way off key and almost like a horrible scream.......... :scared-eek:

YIKES!!

Back