• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

We now return to our regularly scheduled program....

51Kjdgm6HYL._SS500_.jpg

Slow Down -- HDCD

Keb Mo

1998 Sony Music

Amazon.com

Guitarist and vocalist Keb' Mo' seems to be continuing in the direction suggested by his previous album, Just Like You, with this release. That is to say, mixed in with the country-blues style that dominated his self-titled debut are elements of soul, R&B, and rock (the opening "Muddy Water" sounds, in Keb' Mo's hands, a great deal like the Rolling Stones' "Honky Tonk Woman"). When this works, as it does on Slow Down's title track, it works very, very well. Some of the ballads, though, sound a little bland, and when the album returns to the tight, rock-inflected "Soon As I Get Paid" or the funky "A Letter to Tracy," it's refreshing. The real treats, however, come late in the album. With "Love in Vain" and "God Trying to Get Your Attention," Mo' gets down to the roots, and the sheer simplicity of the closing "I'm Telling You Now" is nothing short of beautiful, allowing Mo's considerable talent as a singer and guitarist to shine through. --Genevieve Williams

"Muddy Water"
"I Was Wrong"
"Everything I Need"
"Henry"
"Soon As I Get Paid"
"A Better Man"
"I Don't Know"
"A Letter to Tracy"
"Slow Down"
"Rainmaker"
"Love In Vain" (Robert Johnson)
"God Trying to Get Your Attention"
"I'm Telling You Now"

Today's work truck music...

6e09e893e7a010c312587110.L.jpg

Road Tested -- CD

Bonnie Raitt

1998 Capitol Records

Amazon.com

A sense of self-confidence permeates Road Tested. If the '70s were marked by promise and the '80s by disappointment, the '90s, thanks to three smash studio albums, have been sheer triumph for Raitt, and she sounds damned satisfied. Her first live recording after 24 years in the business, Road Tested is an all-things-to-all-people effort, unsurprising given its creator has become all things to an awful lot of people. Steadfast favorites, '90s hits, and fresh additions to her repertoire are spiced by guest appearances by Bruce Hornsby, Ruth Brown, Charles Brown, Jackson Browne, Kim Wilson, and Bryan Adams. Raitt is in fine voice, her playing is great, and the band is solid. What's missing? Maybe some of that vanquished brashness and desperation. --Steve Stolder

"Thing Called Love" (John Hiatt) – 4:48
"Three Time Loser" (Don Covay, Ronald Dean Miller) – 3:39
"Love Letter" (Bonnie Hayes) – 4:37
"Never Make Your Move Too Soon" (Hooper, Will Jennings) – 3:32
"Something to Talk About" (Shirley Eikhard) – 3:43
"Matters of the Heart" (Michael McDonald) – 4:58
"Shake a Little" (Michael Ruff) – 4:38
"Have a Heart" (Bonnie Hayes) – 5:45
"Love Me Like a Man" (Chris Smither) – 5:11
"The Kokomo Medley" (Mississippi Fred McDowell) – 4:59
"Louise" (Paul Siebel) – 3:46
"Dimming of the Day" (Richard Thompson) – 4:19
"Longing in Their Hearts" (Jackson Browne, O'Keefe) – 5:02
"Come to Me" (Raitt) – 5:02
"Love Sneakin' up on You" (Little Jimmy Scott, Tom Snow) – 3:52
"Burning Down the House" (David Byrne, Chris Frantz, Jerry Harrison, Tina Weymouth) – 4:21
"I Can't Make You Love Me" (Mike Reid, James Allen Shamblin) – 6:00
"Feeling of Falling" (Raitt) – 6:45
"I Believe I'm in Love with You" (Kim Wilson) – 5:24
"Rock Steady" (Bryan Adams, Gretchen Peters) – 4:12
"My Opening Farewell" (Jackson Browne) – 4:57
"Angel from Montgomery" (John Prine) – 5:37

71qbyWGjB3L.jpg

Live From Madison Squire Garden -- 2 CD Set

Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood

2009 Reprise Records

Editorial Reviews

2 CD edition. History rocked and rock made history during a sold-out three-gig stand at Madison Square Garden in late February 2008 when icons Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood performed a concert together for the first time since their all-too-brief days in the legendary Blind Faith in 1969. Whether they will ever team again is unknown. But with Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood Live From Madison Square Garden, fans everywhere are able to experience the sound and the glory of a performance on that famous stage by two of rock's greatest artists.

Disc One

"Had to Cry Today" (Steve Winwood) – 7:47
"Low Down" (J.J. Cale) – 4:10
"Them Changes" (Buddy Miles) – 5:10
"Forever Man" (Jerry Williams) – 3:33
"Sleeping in the Ground" (Sam Myers) – 4:50
"Presence of the Lord" (Eric Clapton) – 5:23
"Glad" (Steve Winwood) – 4:13
"Well All Right" (Jerry Allison/Buddy Holly/Joe Mauldin/Norman Petty) – 5:35
"Double Trouble" (Otis Rush) – 8:06
"Pearly Queen" (Jim Capaldi/Steve Winwood) – 6:10
"Tell the Truth" (Eric Clapton/Bobby Whitlock) – 6:42
"No Face, No Name, No Number" (Jim Capaldi/Steve Winwood) – 4:09

Disc Two

"After Midnight" (J.J. Cale) – 4:45
"Split Decision" (Joe Walsh/Steve Winwood) – 6:25
"Rambling on My Mind" (Robert Johnson) – 4:01
Eric Clapton only
"Georgia on My Mind" (Hoagy Carmichael/Stuart Gorrell) – 5:05
Steve Winwood only
"Little Wing" (Jimi Hendrix) – 6:42
"Voodoo Chile" (Jimi Hendrix) – 16:23
"Can't Find My Way Home" (Steve Winwood) – 5:33
"Dear Mr. Fantasy" (Jim Capaldi/Steve Winwood/Chris Wood) – 7:41
"Cocaine" (J.J. Cale) – 6:41

My last one for the evening....

420e766robertafla.jpg

Blue Lights In The Basement -- CD

Roberta Flack

1977/1990 Atlantic Records

Roberta Flack - Blue Lights . . ., August 18, 2007
By J. Teton "High in the Sky" (Utah) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Blue Lights in the Basement (Audio CD)

If you want an album for romantics this is it. Although most of the album you won't find on the greatest hits these tracks are all very good, blend well and will set the mood for many a night.

1 "Why Don't You Move in with Me" Gene McDaniels
2 "The Closer I Get to You"
Duet with Donny Hathaway Reggie Lucas, Mtume
3 "Fine, Fine Day" Rachel Perry
4 "This Time I'll Be Sweeter" Pat Grant, Gwen Guthrie
5 "25th of Last December" Gene McDaniels
6 "After You" Michael Masser, Ron Miller
7 "I'd Like to Be Baby to You" Morgan Ames
8 "Soul Deep" Wayne Carson
9 "Love Is the Healing" Gene McDaniels
10 "Where I'll Find You" David McHugh

One more... :shhh:

41rWrLShuJL._SS400_.jpg

American Classic -- CD

Willie Nelson

2009 Blue Note Records

Willie sounds good singing these standards
, August 25, 2009
By Robert G Yokoyama (Mililani, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER) (VINE VOICE) (REAL NAME)
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: American Classic (Audio CD)

Willie sounds great on this new disc of American song standards. This music puts me in a good mood. The musicians on the disc are so good. I love Mickey Raphael on the bluesy harmonica on the track "Since I Fell You". Joe Sample plays the piano on the "On The Street Where You Live". This song is pleasant to listen to. Joe provides the musical arrangements for these tracks. Every track sounds new and fresh, so Joe does his job well here. Willie duets with Diana Krall on "If I Had You" and Norah Jones on the track "Baby It's Cold Outside". Their vocal talents give these classic tracks a sensual sound that I love. "Angel Eyes" is a song about missing a loved one. This song sounds very romantic. Because Of You is a very pretty song. I like the sax playing on this track. I like the sentimental feeling Willie sings with on the track "Come Rain Or Come Shine". "Always On My Mind" is Willie's original song. I have never heard this song featuring piano playing before, and it sounds beautiful. This is a very enjoyable disc of music from Willie Nelson.

1. "The Nearness of You" Hoagy Carmichael, Ned Washington 4:44
2. "Fly Me to the Moon" Bart Howard 2:51
3. "Come Rain or Come Shine" Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer 3:57
4. "If I Had You" (featuring Diana Krall) James Campbell, Reginald Connelly, Ted Shapiro 4:22
5. "Ain't Misbehavin'" Fats Waller, Harry Brooks, Andy Razaf 2:56
6. "I Miss You So" Jimmy Henderson, Bertha Scott, Sid Robin 4:32
7. "Because of You" Arthur Hammerstein, Dudley Wilkinson 3:24
8. "Baby, It's Cold Outside" (featuring Norah Jones) Frank Loesser 3:59
9. "Angel Eyes" Matt Dennis, Earl Brent 4:34
10. "On the Street Where You Live" Alan Jay Lerner, Frederick Loewe 2:57
11. "Since I Fell for You" Buddy Johnson 3:41
12. "Always on My Mind" Johnny Christopher, Mark James, Wayne Carson Thompson 3:28

I know these guys have come up here before a few times, but I never really paid much attention until a fellow JB fan - who saw them back in the 70's - turned me on to Little Feat. Listening to this one for the first time now, very interesting! Sort of a mixture of prog rock, soul, latin, blues... hard to describe! I've got this one and the live "Waiting for Columbus" album.

61zyxCIJhyL._SS500_.jpg

Little_Feat_-_Representing_the_Mambo.jpg

Track listing

1."Texas Twister" (Barrère, Kibbee, Payne, Tackett) – 4:45
2."Daily Grind" (Barrère, Fuller, Payne) – 5:06
3."Representing the Mambo" (Barrère, Park, Payne, Tackett) – 5:54
4."Woman in Love" (Barrère, Payne, Tackett) – 3:49
5."Rad Gumbo" (Barrère, Clayton, Gradney, Kibbee, Park, Payne) – 3:29
6."Teenage Warrior" (Barrere, Fuller, Payne, Tackett) – 4:53
7."That's Her, She's Mine" (Barrère, Clayton, Payne) – 4:09
8."Feelin's All Gone" (Fuller) – 4:59
9."Those Feat'll Steer Ya Wrong Sometimes" (Barrère, Fuller, Hayward, Payne, Tackett) – 5:01
10."The Ingenue" (Barrère, Fuller, Payne, Tackett) – 4:22
11."Silver Screen" (Barrère, Payne, Tackett) – 4:22

Thanks Paul! I love Little Feat :banana-rock: :banana-dance: :music-rockout: :banana-rock: :banana-dance:

Robert_Palmer_Riptide_album.jpg

Track listing1."Riptide" (Walter Donaldson, Gus Kahn) – 2:24
2."Hyperactive" (Tony Haynes, Dennis Nelson, Robert Palmer) – 5:08
3."Addicted to Love" (Robert Palmer) – 6:01
4."Trick Bag" (Earl King) – 3:01
5."Get It Through Your Heart" (Robert Palmer) – 2:49
6."I Didn't Mean to Turn You On" (James Harris III, Terry Lewis) – 3:43
7."Flesh Wound" (Frank Blair, Robert Palmer) – 3:43
8."Discipline of Love" (David Batteau, Don Freeman) – 6:06
9."Riptide (Reprise)" (Walter Donaldson, Gus Kahn) – 2:00

Been a real long time since I listened to this one!

Today's work truck music....

41slD6SeDrL.jpg

On and On -- CD

Jack Johnson

2003 Universal Music

Amazon.com

Jack Johnson has found himself a groove. Indeed, the Hawaiian surfing champion turned alternative pop-folk star really hasn't changed things one iota for his sophomore release. Fans of Brushfire Fairytales should be delighted with the results. The groove is a mellow one--most of the 16 tracks here are semi-acoustic--and that easy-going spirit filters into Johnson's lyrical philosophies. "What will be will be / And so it goes" he sings on "Times Like These," the opening track. Thankfully, Johnson is never too mellow, and there's a "Don't worry, be happy" vibe to most of his music. "The Horizon Has Been Defeated" even has a pseudo-reggae feel to it. Although classified as an alternative musician, the singer-songwriter's compositions owe much to past hits. "Traffic in the Sky" is reminiscent of Jim Croce's "Operator" and Looking Glass's one-hit-wonder, "Brandy." On the splendid "Taylor," Johnson sounds an awful lot like Donovan. And "By The Way" recalls the Lovin' Spoonful. -- Bill Holdship

All songs by Jack Johnson, except where noted.

"Times Like These" – 2:22
"The Horizon Has Been Defeated" – 2:33
"Traffic in the Sky" – 2:50
"Taylor" – 3:59
"Gone" – 2:10
"Cupid" – 1:05
"Wasting Time" (Johnson, Adam Topol, Merlo Podlewski) – 3:50
"Holes to Heaven" – 2:54
"Dreams Be Dreams" – 2:12
"Tomorrow Morning" – 2:50
"Fall Line" – 1:35
"Cookie Jar" – 2:57
"Rodeo Clowns" – 2:38
"Cocoon" – 4:10
"Mediocre Bad Guys" – 3:00
"Symbol in My Driveway" – 2:50

After a long hot day at work, I saw the doctor and he prescribed some.........

Medicine! :bow-blue:

I'm feeling better already! :text-thankyoublue:

1303885195.jpg

Medicine -- CD

Tab Benoit

2011 Telarc Records

Medicine, Benoit's seventh solo release successfully joins two gifted guitarists/songwriters in a session that proves greater than the sum of its very talented parts. The 11-track recording features seven new Benoit originals co-written with ace songwriter Anders Osborne (his song "Watch the Wind Blow By" was recorded by Tim McGraw in 2002, hitting No. 1 on the country charts for two weeks and selling over three million albums, and Keb' Mo's 1999 GRAMMY®-winning album Slow Down, featured two songs he had co-written). In an unusual twist, Osborne (who also co-produced the album) uses B.B. King's famous guitar "Lucille" on Medicine. "He played half the album on that guitar, basically anything that's not slide guitar," Benoit says.

Medicine showcases a lean, energetic young band, and vibe-wise it's hipper and groovier than anything Benoit has ever done before. The recording also spotlights the work of keyboardist Ivan Neville (son of Aaron Neville and nephew to members of the Neville Brothers), drummer Brady Blade (Emmylou Harris, Steve Earle, Dave Matthews) and bassist Corey Duplechin (Chubby Carrier & Bayou Swamp Band). Fiddler/singer Michael Doucet of BeauSoleil makes a special appearance on three tracks.

Medicine was recorded at Louisiana's legendary Dockside Studio (B.B. King, Dr. John, Keb' Mo', Taj Mahal, Buckwheat Zydeco), located on a 12 acre estate in the heart of Cajun country on the banks of the Vermilion Bayou, and engineered by David Z (Prince, Jonny Lang, Buddy Guy, Gov't Mule). The award-winning music producer/engineer worked with Benoit on three earlier releases (Fever for the Bayou, Power of the Pontchartrain and Night Train to Nashville). "When David's in the booth, I don't have to worry," says Benoit. "He's always comfortable with the way I work. We have a lot of fun and like to joke around."

Medicine is more than another strong entry in Benoit's increasingly impressive discography - it's one of his most defining albums. "Magic happens when you least expect it," says Benoit. "Most of the stuff here was played live - these are mostly first takes. When it came down to playing, we weren't trying to structure things. We were open to the moment." If music has the power to help relieve pain and suffering, then Tab Benoit's Medicine might be just what the doctor ordered.

Medicine
5:47
Sunrise
3:45
A Whole Lotta Soul
5:30
Come and Get It
3:10
Broke and Lonely
5:32
Long Lonely Bayou
4:33
In It to Win It
4:01
Can't You See
4:16
Nothing Takes the Place of You
4:01
Next to Me
5:01
Mudboat Melissa
4:36

trash said:
Dennie
If you find you like Little Feat, try this one its some of thier best work

2747690189_08bdb3971b.jpg

Thanks Trash, but I think this is directed at Pauly.

I'm familiar with Lowell George and Little Feat and enjoy their music very much! :text-bravo:

Dennie

We're going live in 4, 3, 2, 1......

51Gce6BOlPL._SS500_.jpg

Live at Littleton Town Hall -- CD

James Van Buren

1993 Van Buren Records & Tapes

Thanks to artists like James Van Buren, blues and jazz are alive and well. Since 1956 when James formed the "Blues Kings" to play the type of music that he loved listening to as a child, James has created an unforgettable style and sound.

James has played with such legends as T. Bone Walker, Big Joe turner, Lou Rawls and later partiscipated in group and duet performances with talents such as Irene Reid, Good Rockin' Brown, Pat Methany and John Harris.

In 1985, James formed his own label and launched his debut album "We Will be Together Again"> His second album, "It's All Over" earned James national recognition with the album making the Top 20 list on NPR. His third album, "I Ain't Doin' Too Bad" took James to higher levels of recognition with the song "Three Handed Woman" being one of James' top selling songs.

Several albums have followed each as enjoyable and diverse as the last. Fans from around the world know that James' music always reflects feelings from his heart and sounds from his soul.

As Phil Upchurch put it, "James is as original in his song as Joe Williams or Billie Holiday. The other thing i like about his style is that you can hear him smiling."

Fans from James home state of Colorado have adopted "James' Baseball Song" as the anthem for their Colorado Rockies baseball team. Since 1996, this song has been chorused by hundreds of fans and has been released as a popular single.

There is no doubt that we will be enjoying a lot more music from this unique artist. He is a tireless supporter of Jazz in his community, giving generously of his time to support growth of the arts. His warm open personality contributes to his ability to draw strong crowds, a loyal following and make new friends where ever he goes.

1. Lou's Blues
2. Nosey Rosie
3. Wailing Gray Wall
4. Make Love Like A Fool
5. Time With My Baby
6. Country Boy
7. That's What Happens
8. One For Jimmy
9. Low Down Blues
10. Hard Head
11. Sweet Woman Blues
12. Whatever Happened To The Blues
13. Cheatin' & Lying

PaulyT said:
Thanks, gents. I'll check it out!

You know what I always say.....

"So much music, so little time!" But, as you know Pauly, it is a fun ride!

Here is one I've found to be true....

"The more I listen to music, the more music I listen to."

And I think that is happening with you also! :handgestures-thumbup:

Dennie

516i5AsOoML._SS400_.jpg

When You Lie Next To Me -- CD

Kellie Coffey

2002 BNA Records

A Welcome Coffey Break!, July 3, 2002
By Edward Lee "Trekscribbler (NCC1205)" - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: When You Lie Next to Me (Audio CD)
This is one of the most incredible debuts I've heard in my entire life.

Kellie Coffey's voice is as smooth and polished as Celion Dion's, and she knows just when to throw in a country twang for good measure. Whether she's belting out a traditional ballad the strength of WHEN YOU LIE NEXT TO ME or the more subdued OUTSIDE LOOKING IN to the fun rhythms of LOVE'S FUNNY THAT WAY and BLUER SKIES, this is one complete easy-listening musical journey of a true songbird who deserves to rise to the top of the industry. Where other artists might allow some of the lesser tunes to serve as nothing more than filler, Kellie winningly puts her own appealing personal stamp on every tune.

Easily, Kellie can stand on equal ground with the phenomenal likes of Trisha Yearwood as a vocalist, and she can hold her own up against the pop nuances of Faith Hill.

"Bluer Skies" (Kellie Coffey, Franne Golde, Trina Harmon) - 3:31
"Why Wyoming" (Coffey, Wayne Kirkpatrick) - 4:13
"At the End of the Day" (Coffey, Brett James) - 4:20
"When You Lie Next to Me" (Coffey, Harmon, J. D. Martin) - 4:00
"What It's Like to Be Me" (Ed Hill, Shaye Smith) - 3:18
"Fingerprints" (John Bettis, James) - 4:27
"The Simple Truth" (Jennifer Hanson, Kim Patton-Johnston) - 3:05
"Whatever It Takes" (Coffey, Gordon O'Brian) - 3:50
"I Just Knew" (Coffey, Josh Leo) - 3:07
"Love's Funny That Way" (Tina Arena, Dean McTaggart, David Tyson) - 4:04
"Outside Looking In" (Coffey, Billy Kirsch) - 3:58
duet with Richie McDonald

My last one for the evening.....

51WfEBjghDL._SS500_.jpg

Simone On Simone -- CD

Simone

2008 Koch Records

4.5 stars. This is great..., May 17, 2008
By Jim C (Reston, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simone on Simone (Audio CD)

This week I listened to three new discs by three new female artists with a grand total of three names among them. Unusual week. Duffy got three stars. So did Adele. But Simone is positively the best. By far. Her voice is energetic and attention getting but still silky smooth. The songs match her perfectly, mostly standards and songs her mother, Nina Simone, has recorded. I don't like giving 5 stars (because nothing's perfect) but this is darn close. I won't be listening to the other discs again soon, but Simone will be on "repeat" for a long time.

1. Music for Lovers [Live with Nina Simone in Ireland]
2. Gal from Joe's
3. Go to Hell
4. Keeper of the Flame
5. I Hold No Grudge
6. Love Me or Leave Me
7. Black Is the Color of My True Love's Hair
8. I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free
9. How Long Must I Wander
10. Don't You Pay Them No Mind
11. Work Song
12. Child in Me
13. Feeling Good

Today's work truck music....

4c918bacd7a0c55ef18b7110.L.jpg

The Very Best of -- 2 CD Set

Eagles

2003 Elektra Records

Amazon.com

This packed double-disc is the slim option for fans who find the Eagles' vaunted greatest hits sets too little and the boxed set too hefty. Hit singles large and medium are here, often ("One of These Nights," "Hotel California") still sounding definitive and even tough. Large helpings of favorite album cuts are also included, along with a taster from a promised 2004 Eagles studio reunion. Unfortunately, "Hole in the World," Don Henley's response to September 11, feels just as empty and entitled as "Get Over It," the band's previous state-of-the-union message (from which the newer song represents a philosophical 180-degree turn). But for those seeking an overview of this Southern California juggernaut's successes, as well as telling comments from band members--mostly Henley and Frey--in a well-designed booklet, Very Best will more than do. --Rickey Wright

Disc one

"Take It Easy" (Jackson Browne, Glenn Frey) – 3:29
"Witchy Woman" (Don Henley, Bernie Leadon) – 4:10
"Peaceful Easy Feeling" (Jack Tempchin) – 4:16
"Desperado" (Henley, Frey) – 3:33
"Tequila Sunrise" (Henley, Frey) – 2:42
"Doolin-Dalton" (Browne, Frey, Henley, J.D. Souther) – 3:26
"Already Gone" (Tempchin, Robb Strandlund) – 4:13
"Best of My Love" (Henley, Frey, Souther) – 4:35
"James Dean" (Browne, Frey, Souther, Henley) – 3:36
"Ol' '55" (Tom Waits) – 4:22
"Midnight Flyer" (Paul Craft) – 3:58
"On the Border" (Henley, Leadon, Frey) – 4:28
"Lyin' Eyes" (Henley, Frey) – 6:21
"One of These Nights" (Henley, Frey) – 4:51
"Take It to the Limit" (Randy Meisner, Henley, Frey) – 4:48
"After the Thrill Is Gone" (Henley, Frey) - 3:56
"Hotel California" (Don Felder, Henley, Frey) – 6:30

Tracks 1–3 from Eagles (1972)Tracks 4–6 from Desperado (1973)Tracks 7–12 from On the Border (1974)Tracks 13–16 from One of These Nights (1975)Track 17 from Hotel California (1976)

Disc two

"Life in the Fast Lane" (Joe Walsh, Henley, Frey) – 4:46
"Wasted Time" (Henley, Frey) – 4:55
"Victim of Love" (Felder, Souther, Henley, Frey) – 4:11
"The Last Resort" (Henley, Frey) – 7:25
"New Kid in Town" (Souther, Henley, Frey) – 5:04
"Please Come Home for Christmas" (Charlie Brown) – 2:58
"Heartache Tonight" (Henley, Frey, Bob Seger, Souther) – 4:26
"The Sad Café" (Henley, Frey, Walsh, Souther) – 5:35
"I Can't Tell You Why" (Timothy B. Schmit, Henley, Frey) – 4:56
"The Long Run" (Henley, Frey) – 3:42
"In the City" (Walsh, Barry De Vorzon) – 3:46
"Those Shoes" (Felder, Henley, Frey) – 4:56
"Seven Bridges Road (Live)" (Steve Young) – 3:25
"Love Will Keep Us Alive" (Pete Vale, Jim Capaldi, Paul Carrack) – 4:00
"Get Over It" (Henley, Frey) – 3:29
"Hole in the World" (Henley, Frey) – 4:13

Tracks 1-5 from Hotel California (1976)Track 6 was a non-album single (1978)Tracks 7-12 from The Long Run (1979)Track 13 from Eagles Live (1980)Tracks 14 and 15 from Hell Freezes Over (1994)Track 16 is a new track (2003)

Dennie said:
My last one for the evening.....

51WfEBjghDL._SS500_.jpg

Simone On Simone -- CD

Simone

2008 Koch Records

4.5 stars. This is great..., May 17, 2008
By Jim C (Reston, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simone on Simone (Audio CD)

This week I listened to three new discs by three new female artists with a grand total of three names among them. Unusual week. Duffy got three stars. So did Adele. But Simone is positively the best. By far. Her voice is energetic and attention getting but still silky smooth. The songs match her perfectly, mostly standards and songs her mother, Nina Simone, has recorded. I don't like giving 5 stars (because nothing's perfect) but this is darn close. I won't be listening to the other discs again soon, but Simone will be on "repeat" for a long time.

1. Music for Lovers [Live with Nina Simone in Ireland]
2. Gal from Joe's
3. Go to Hell
4. Keeper of the Flame
5. I Hold No Grudge
6. Love Me or Leave Me
7. Black Is the Color of My True Love's Hair
8. I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free
9. How Long Must I Wander
10. Don't You Pay Them No Mind
11. Work Song
12. Child in Me
13. Feeling Good

Dennie, how do you rate her, is this worth a buy??

Back