• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

I had never heard of this series but started watching this morning. Think I am hooked.

Letterkenny is a great show. I don’t watch much TV but when the wife was gone I binge watched a lot of it while chore’en (you’ll get that reference if you watch enough).

Is it available anywhere other than hulu (which I don't have)?

I’ve done a grand total of 12 seconds of searching but it appears that it’s on Hulu or DVD ... and the usual pirate sources.

I started watching "Bordertown" on Netflix and it is growing on me. I am very enthralled at this point, half way through episode 4.

It is a Finnish show with just average quality English overdubs. But something about the unique story and plot lines, and the unique character of Finland's culture (I have several friends in Finland and this rings true to me) make it very interesting.

Strange that I like it so much.

Wife and I are about half way through the second season of The Expanse and are really liking it. A lot of great space scenes that just look stunning, and the story line is pretty engaging, although it plays like a soap opera at times without the cheesiness if that makes sense.

Russian Doll on Netflix
p16356645_b_v8_ab.jpg
Wife made me watch several episodes but I bowed out after four or five. I could not stand the characters at all. I guess that's the point but I was just cheering on everyone to die eventually. No telling since I didn't finish it

I started watching "Bordertown" on Netflix and it is growing on me. I am very enthralled at this point, half way through episode 4.

It is a Finnish show with just average quality English overdubs. But something about the unique story and plot lines, and the unique character of Finland's culture (I have several friends in Finland and this rings true to me) make it very interesting.

Strange that I like it so much.

I am completely into this show now.

I even like that they only overdubbed the Finnish into English, the Russian is still subtitled.

Based on recommendations I've been watching "the Magicians" on Netflix. I've read one of the books and was surprised this wasnt an R-rated show with more nudity and graphic sex. In fact, it wouldn't be going too far to make it as an X-rated show as the sex is integral to the plot.

Anyway, it is okay, but the story comes off much more like a adult themed parody of Chronicals of Narnia than I remember the book being.

I still enjoy it, but I think it suffers from a lack of good screen writing.

^
It was first shown on the ScyFi channel which could explain it's less explicit presentation.

^
It was first shown on the ScyFi channel which could explain it's less explicit presentation.

That's a fine excuse, but the characters actually grow and develop and discover things pertinent to the plot during graphic depictions of sex in the book. This show, for the most part, just skips over those crucial moments of realization or discovery which inform the rest of the plot. Instead, in the show they just appear to be hornet young rabbits going at it for no reason.

The author of the books connected the power and energy of sex with the power and energy of the magic the practice.

This is missing in the show.

That's a fine excuse, but the characters actually grow and develop and discover things pertinent to the plot during graphic depictions of sex in the book. This show, for the most part, just skips over those crucial moments of realization or discovery which inform the rest of the plot. Instead, in the show they just appear to be hornet young rabbits going at it for no reason.

The author of the books connected the power and energy of sex with the power and energy of the magic the practice.

This is missing in the show.

I have only seen the first two episodes when it was on SciFi so really can't comment further

Stumbled across the series Good Girls on Netflix. Not bad. I think it may have been on a cable network prior to NF. Looks like there is only one season.

Oh nice! Just discovered that there's a new (3rd) season of Hap & Leonard on netflix. Great show.

Tried watching the Umbrella Academy on Netflix last night, but gave up on it as the audio was dropping out every couple of seconds. What I did watch, it seems to be an unusual show, but I'll watch a few episodes before making up my mind on it.

the Umbrella Academy on Netflix
I watched it. It was interesting, another take on sort of anti-superhero types. Not the greatest ever, but worth watching. But it's one of those annoying time-travel stories where nothing that happens is final, ANYTHING can be undone.

I watched it. It was interesting, another take on sort of anti-superhero types. Not the greatest ever, but worth watching. But it's one of those annoying time-travel stories where nothing that happens is final, ANYTHING can be undone.
If done the right way, that could be interesting. But if done to cover up a lack of originality in writing, that could be bad. I'll watch a few more episodes though.

Back