• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

Finished Bosch - great ending. Well not exactly a happy ending but ... an *appropriate* ending. Definitely one of the best detective/police shows out there.
SPOLER SPOILER! SPOLER!

Pauly

Did you know they are already working on a sequel to the series there Bosch is a PI? Maddie will also be in it.

Ok cool, yeah it seemed like they were opening up that possibility... except for the fact that the FBI had/has to approve his PI license, and they're not too happy with him. ;)

Ok cool, yeah it seemed like they were opening up that possibility... except for the fact that the FBI had/has to approve his PI license, and they're not too happy with him. ;)
I wondered about that too

On season two of Lupin (on Netflix) - enjoying it very much. French thief drama, unusual, and very well done IMHO.
My wife and I really enjoyed it. Tried it for about 5 minutes with the english voiceovers. Much prefer spoken french with english subtitles.

Much prefer spoken french with english subtitles.
Agreed. I always watch shows in the original language. Bonus in this case is that I know enough French that I can at least partially follow what I'm hearing.

I debated on where to post this. Its not exactly a concert video, nor a movie, but its 4 hours long and I'm streaming it, and this is a music/movie forum so there.
Despite his warts, I'm a huge Todd Rundgren fan (he wants to be the World's Greatest Rocker, but he doesn't quite have the vocal ability to pull it off). I'm a huge fan of his touring band Utopia, and was looking for any documentaries on them a couple nights ago. Found this series of videos, four of them, an hour apiece, and I've now watched the first two. They are poorly done, audio is Okay and the video quality is poor, but its a great chronological story of Todd, and any fans will enjoy it.
The last third of the first video, here:
...talks about the formation of Utopia. I didn't realize they started out with three keyboardists, a second guitarist, and backup singers. They didn't sound too good. At the end Todd explains the formation of the main four-piece, and the vocals fell into place. The video ended after their first 2 or 3 albums, I was a bit disappointed, but then this morning parts 2/4, 3/4, and 4/4 appeared, and I was happy.
The second third of the 2nd video covered Utopia again (including a video I hadn't seen from their Beatles cover period "Deface the Music"), so spot-on and they even wore dark suits, skinny black ties, had the haircuts and the Vox/Rickenbacker instruments, and the polite bow at the end of the tune! Cool!
The rest of Hour Two goes into Todd's video studio. We all know who posted the first music video to MTV (Video Killed the Radio Star), but guess who had the second music video played? o_O
As I said, the video/audio quality on these is lacking, but if you're interested in music/video history, you'll enjoy these.

Oh, and I must mention: I have FOUR Utopia concert videos (don't know if there are more), all on DVD. The audio/video quality on them is much higher than the above-mentioned video, so highly recommended if you're into Todd and friends.

Awesome! This is probably my very favorite show on Netflix, if I had to pick just one.
On a show that you really like comes out with a full seaason ( such as this and Bosch) do you watch all at once or ration yourself to a limit of a certain number each dayto extend the pleasent viewing experience

On a show that you really like comes out with a full seaason ( such as this and Bosch) do you watch all at once or ration yourself to a limit of a certain number each dayto extend the pleasent viewing experience
lol Self-restraint isn't really my thing... I tend to watch in batches of several hours at a time. I think I finished the Bosch final season in 3 days/evenings.

Netflix - Atypical. Best show on Netflix, IMNSHO.

But seriously, this show resonates with me on a level I don't fully understand. I'm sure there's a whole doctoral thesis in psychology here. But when I watched this last season just now, and it ended, I cried. Literally. And I'm not someone whose emotions are easy to reach.

I can't recommend this show enough. And I'm sure not everyone will respond to it the way I have. That's ok. I'm still working through what this says about me.

Netflix - Atypical. Best show on Netflix, IMNSHO.

But seriously, this show resonates with me on a level I don't fully understand. I'm sure there's a whole doctoral thesis in psychology here. But when I watched this last season just now, and it ended, I cried. Literally. And I'm not someone whose emotions are easy to reach.

I can't recommend this show enough. And I'm sure not everyone will respond to it the way I have. That's ok. I'm still working through what this says about me.
on my radar. will check out trailer, thank you both.

I debated on where to post this. Its not exactly a concert video, nor a movie, but its 4 hours long and I'm streaming it, and this is a music/movie forum so there.
Despite his warts, I'm a huge Todd Rundgren fan (he wants to be the World's Greatest Rocker, but he doesn't quite have the vocal ability to pull it off). I'm a huge fan of his touring band Utopia, and was looking for any documentaries on them a couple nights ago. Found this series of videos, four of them, an hour apiece, and I've now watched the first two. They are poorly done, audio is Okay and the video quality is poor, but its a great chronological story of Todd, and any fans will enjoy it.
...talks about the formation of Utopia. I didn't realize they started out with three keyboardists, a second guitarist, and backup singers. They didn't sound too good. At the end Todd explains the formation of the main four-piece, and the vocals fell into place. The video ended after their first 2 or 3 albums, I was a bit disappointed, but then this morning parts 2/4, 3/4, and 4/4 appeared, and I was happy.
The second third of the 2nd video covered Utopia again (including a video I hadn't seen from their Beatles cover period "Deface the Music"), so spot-on and they even wore dark suits, skinny black ties, had the haircuts and the Vox/Rickenbacker instruments, and the polite bow at the end of the tune! Cool!
The rest of Hour Two goes into Todd's video studio. We all know who posted the first music video to MTV (Video Killed the Radio Star), but guess who had the second music video played? o_O
As I said, the video/audio quality on these is lacking, but if you're interested in music/video history, you'll enjoy these.

Oh, and I must mention: I have FOUR Utopia concert videos (don't know if there are more), all on DVD. The audio/video quality on them is much higher than the above-mentioned video, so highly recommended if you're into Todd and friends.

When I have some time and can commandeer the TV I will watch this. I have just one Utopia album and three of his solo albums, but I think he is a brilliant artist. Not just as a musician, but think of some of the acts he produced, Badfinger, Grand Funk Railroad, XTC, to name but a very few.

In preparation for the new episodes coming, the GF and I have been watching Dexter. Catherine’s first time watching while I watched the entire series years ago. It still holds up and is one of my favorite series that’s not a sitcom.

Hey Botch,
I must have fallen into some sort of Canadian space time continuum . Watched part one and for some reason youtube would not let me watch part 2 or 3 and wanted to jump right to part 4?? Bummer. I have been watching a lot of Todd stuff on youtube. Brilliant guy!!
Mike
PS; I saw him with Utopia somewhere/sometime in the 80's in Toronto. I think the Tubes opened up. Brain is a bit foggy now/then!!

Just finished watching The Vikings series, what a great show. After Games of Thrones and the Vikings, where do I go? I need another strong series. Recommendations?

Just finished watching The Vikings series, what a great show. After Games of Thrones and the Vikings, where do I go? I need another strong series. Recommendations?

Loved Vikings. I haven't seen GOT but we watched The Last Kingdom and really liked it. Anxiously awaiting the next season.

Back