• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

Watched a couple of episodes of Sex Education on Netflix this weekend as well. It was better than expected, although I still felt uneasy watching high school kids have sex, even though they probably are all over 18 in real life, or at least the ones that are showing nudity.

Yeah, the British started getting really comfortable with shows about teens having sex a long time ago. I remember "Skins" getting a ton of attention for showing students having sex, doing drugs, getting raped, and so on. It seems to me, at least from their TV shows, the British and Irish cultures are comfortable discussing and showing youths having sex.

I liked Sex Education a lot, and I was totally shocked when I realized who the actress playing the mom is - took me a LONG time to figure it out but she was naggingly familiar the whole time.

I liked Sex Education a lot, and I was totally shocked when I realized who the actress playing the mom is - took me a LONG time to figure it out but she was naggingly familiar the whole time.

The truth is out there.

I thought it was Emma Thompson at first, but then I figured it out and it was like X marks the spot.

I thought it was Emma Thompson at first
Ha! Yes, I had that thought too. Her brit accent really threw me - she does it well (as far as I can tell).

Ha! Yes, I had that thought too. Her brit accent really threw me - she does it well (as far as I can tell).

She's been in dozens of extremely well made British shows. One of their finest actors.

I've been watching Beowulf on Amazon Prime, and it is pretty light fare but simple fantasy.

While based on the epic poem of the same name, the story is all made up with a bit more mythology than I like, but the sheer number of characters (actors) and scenery they use in the show is quite insanely epic. Most of the plot themes are tried and true for the genre, but it is fun. Basically, it is like reading the light rip-offs of The Lord of the Rings my school libraries were filled with back in the 1970s and 80s. Easy to watch and enjoy while also eating, texting, or scanning social media.

Holy moly! John Malkovich turns out to be the best Poirot yet!

I saw that and wondered if it is worth watching. I love British mysteries but for some reason Agatha Christie stuff has never been a favorite, especially Poirot.

Anybody else watch the Expanse on Prime? I saw an ad for season 3 on Facebook, which was funny as I had never even heard of it, but watched a couple of episodes last night. Wife isn't really digging it, kept saying it looked gray, but I thought it looked great. Looks like one of those shows that starts out slow, but that usually means pretty good character development. Saw lots of people we recognized, Thomas Jane, the guy who is the new Magnum PI, Raj's parents as well as a few others. Don't know if this will be a show the wife and I will watch together, but I'm gonna keep watching.

Anybody else watch the Expanse on Prime? I saw an ad for season 3 on Facebook, which was funny as I had never even heard of it, but watched a couple of episodes last night. Wife isn't really digging it, kept saying it looked gray, but I thought it looked great. Looks like one of those shows that starts out slow, but that usually means pretty good character development. Saw lots of people we recognized, Thomas Jane, the guy who is the new Magnum PI, Raj's parents as well as a few others. Don't know if this will be a show the wife and I will watch together, but I'm gonna keep watching.

I watched it, but didn't love it. There are moments of genius mixed with the typical SyFy fare.

I watched it, but didn't love it. There are moments of genius mixed with the typical SyFy fare.
I get that. It does seem to be slower paced, or at least in how they advance the story.

The Blacklist in 4K HDR on Netflix and also Person of Interest which to me was one of the best action series ever played on TV got my mom hooked and she hates series TV but loves this show so she visits me about once every three weeks and we binge watch Person of Interest when she visits.

Wife and I are a little over half way through the first season of The Expanse and are really getting into it. Read a review that stated that he felt that the series didn't start to get good until a few episodes in, and I would agree with that. First two episodes were kind of boring and hard to follow, 3rd episode got better and by the 4th, we were hooked. If you like sci-fi drama's, this one is pretty good.

Russian Doll on Netflix
p16356645_b_v8_ab.jpg

Another Expanse watcher here.
Amazon seems to be promoting the fact that they have all 3 seasons now, that's how I caught wind of it.
Pretty good stuff.

Back