• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

I believe I did, but I've seen him in other stuff, as well, so it didn't register as that specific character.
I don't know his name and I'm too lazy to look it up, but it was the guy who played one of the main scientists on the show. The other guy recently showed up in Santa Clarita Diet.

I've been watching the Russian Sci-Fi Crime Drama, "BetterThan Us," on Netflix and love it. The English voice overs are fine, but the Englush translations are just average. However, the storyline is really fascinating and engaging. Plus, the Russian robots are stunningly hot. HECK, all the actresses are gorgeous.

While I still don't think Another Life is great, I will admit that they leave each episode with enough of a cliffhanger, that I have to watch the next episode. The show has a great premise, just at times poorly executed, but it's engaging enough that I'll finish it to the end. I gotta say though, every time I see the husband back on Earth, I keep thinking he looks like a healthy version of Haley Joel Osment.

Season 9 of The Walking Dead is now on Netflix , so that is what I am watching!! I thought it was in 4K. Not. Apparently it is shot on film to give it that grainy look. So much for my new 4K OLED...boohoo.

Season 9 of The Walking Dead is now on Netflix , so that is what I am watching!! I thought it was in 4K. Not. Apparently it is shot on film to give it that grainy look. So much for my new 4K OLED...boohoo.
I'm a little confused on your film/4K statement. Are you saying because it was filmed it can't be 4K?

BTW, for those in the know, why does one show like Another Life show just HDR, and others show something like 4K Ultra Definition or something similar? I thought HDR did give you a 4K picture, but watching Another Life, the best resolution that it will get to is 1080P.

I'm a little confused on your film/4K statement. Are you saying because it was filmed it can't be 4K?

BTW, for those in the know, why does one show like Another Life show just HDR, and others show something like 4K Ultra Definition or something similar? I thought HDR did give you a 4K picture, but watching Another Life, the best resolution that it will get to is 1080P.

My best guess

HDR is high definition resolution ( like Blu ray)

4K is UHD ultra high definition

My best guess

HDR is high definition resolution ( like Blu ray)

4K is UHD ultra high definition
That's a good guess, but don't think that's what it is. I thought HDR, or high dynamic range, was only an option with 4K, but I could be wrong.

HDR is an option with 4K movies (not all movies have HDR) Netflix offers HDR on some shows it basically enhances the color spectrum of what is shown. Most people will not be able to notice the extra resolution between 1080p and 4K on screens smaller than 65" but you will notice the HDR or Dolby Vision instantly.

We have been binge watching "Leverage" loved the show when it aired on TNT but the girlfriend never watched it and I did. So got her hooked and we are now almost done with watching all five seasons. Great show about five bad guys who help the good guys. It revolves around the Brains played by Timothy Hutton who teams up with a grifter, a hacker, a thief and a hitter who protects the team and when people or corporations steal from you they go in to help you get your stuff or vengeance back on those who did you wrong. Great cast, funny show with action and drama. It's free on Vudu with limited commercials and also on Amazon Prime. Watch in order from the beginning so you get all the side comments that appear as the show progresses. One of the best shows that watched.

Watched IT on Netflix. My wife was screaming like crazy. Kids seemed to enjoy it. Now they want to see IT Chapter Two at the theatre. My wife says I am taking them alone.

Season 3 of Jack White's Travels with his father is now on Netflix. Watched the first couple of episodes, still has some of the charm of the first two seasons, but it also feels very staged and forced, especially the first episode.

I went ahead and got the 7 day free trial of DC Iniverse. Watched the first episode of three original shows "Titans' "Doom Patrol" and "Swampthing". all are shon in 4k and the production quality of all 3 shows is outstanding. First episodes were pretty good and I will continue to watch and decide if i will keep it.

I plan on dropping ATT TV sometime this week which will free up $53.00/month so I am going to add a couple channels/apps . Probably Britbox the rest to be determined.

I went ahead and got the 7 day free trial of DC Iniverse. Watched the first episode of three original shows "Titans' "Doom Patrol" and "Swampthing". all are shon in 4k and the production quality of all 3 shows is outstanding. First episodes were pretty good and I will continue to watch and decide if i will keep it.

I plan on dropping ATT TV sometime this week which will free up $53.00/month so I am going to add a couple channels/apps . Probably Britbox the rest to be determined.

What did you think of Swamp Thing? Any good??

I am currently watching Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. The strangest thing is happening however and it is sort of driving me insane. Wondering if anyone else can replicate this. I am getting double subtitles. Large yellow that I assume is coming from Amazon Prime and smaller white that I assumed is from my Sony A8G. I've tried to turn them off on my tv to no avail. I have read a few people have had this problem. Someone suggested one is coming embedded in the video stream and one from the app?
Mike
PS: The show reminds me of a season of 24?!

Didn't get a chance to finish it, but started watching the new Bill Burr special on Netflix, and it is hilarious. Not for the easily offended though.

Started watch "the Spy" on Netflix and find it extremely entertaining. Sasha is okay as an actor, but he lacks sincerity.

Last edited:
A new Ken burns documentary "Country Music" will start on many PBS stations this Sunday.

In advance there was a special on PBS "Country Music: Live at the Ryman" this past week. I watched via the PBS streaming Chanel/app and it was excellent. i would rate as a must see for any fans of any type of country music.

Last edited:
Back