• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

Where are the two versions listed? On Prime itself? I have a sinking feeling this is a VERSION difference. Just as we have a watered down Netflix we probably have a watered down Prime Video. I can stream with my cable box or the TV.
Figured it out. The Sony 4k tv app for prime video and netflix were set to 4k as they were on the tv when I bought it. The prime video app and netflix app that came with my cable tv box were set to 1080P as that was what I had when I first got the cable box. Forgot to set it to 4k when I got the new Sony 4K tv. So it was a simple case of "operator error". D'oh!!!

"Asian-Americans" a new series on PBS not sure how many nights it is on.

first episode. very intriguing would be the first words, but my wife got stuck watching it.

it featured filipinos and how they had a live exhibit as they called it.

We are five episodes into His Dark Materials on HBO. I loved the books and the show does not disappoint.

Just finished watching Star Wars the Clone Wars season 7.

Very well done. Some of the best Star Wars I've seen. Love the moody music in the last few episodes.

first episode. very intriguing would be the first words, but my wife got stuck watching it.

it featured filipinos and how they had a live exhibit as they called it.
Have been watching this and learned a few things such as right after the attack on Pearl Harbor 50% of Philipino men living in California volunteered for military service with the U.S.

this is why there is a large population of filipinos here, most are servicemen and some pow's similar to the vietnamese populace. i didnt know about their detailed asylum until the ken burns doc i mentioned. i also am trying to figure out why DID we go into the vietnam war in the first place.

this is why there is a large population of filipinos here, most are servicemen and some pow's similar to the vietnamese populace. i didnt know about their detailed asylum until the ken burns doc i mentioned. i also am trying to figure out why DID we go into the vietnam war in the first place.
To keep the stinkin' Commies out of the US. They were at our backdoor.

:bouncygrin:

To keep the stinkin' Commies out of the US. They were at our backdoor.

:bouncygrin:

seriously? i have to look it up now. i know that back then US Bases were already set in the philippines, and in a way, was a strategic standpoint. but didnt know that it was a threat. there was also guam which is also on the pacific side

This morning I noticed Prime has done some updating of its streaming site.

Not noticeable at first but when you go to view a selection you will notice some changes.

Biggest thing I have noticed so far is it seems on series you have the option to "Skip Intro" .similar to NF. I like that option

Biggest thing I have noticed so far is it seems on series you have the option to "Skip Intro" .similar to NF. I like that option

Agreed that is great feature on Netflix especially when binge watching a TV series with a long intro. Glad they added it.

Has anyone (Jomari) checked this out yet on Netflix? I thought the trailer looks great and reviews appear to be very positive. A friend whose taste I trust highly recommended it. I will try and check out a few episodes this weekend.

Currently watching this crime drama/series called Bordertown from Finland on Netflix. It's pretty dark and graphic fair warning not family viewing covers underground sex trade and related crimes. Main character is an SVU type detective with seemingly uncanny (borderline psychic) abilities to analyze and figure out crimes scenes and details. Series is presented in sort of chapters so each crime is covered in 2-3 episodes like a mini movie within the series. This structure makes it easy to binge watch a few episodes and feel like you took in a complete story before shutting off and starting the next one. In Finnish with English subtitles. Pretty good cinematography although leans pretty heavily on drone footage which isn't a big deal until you begin to notice that it's happening more often then not and starts to feel a little gimmicky. But it's not a deal breaker or anything that detracting.

Yeah it (Giri/Haji) has been brought up here in some thread or another, originally by @Flint. I watched it, loved it. Very well done.

Came across a show on Hulu- Secret Talent Theater . Episodes are 2-3 minutes long and are each a celebrity showing their " hidden talent".

Tom Hanks shows how to change a typewriter ribbon. Actor Michael Shannon stuffs over two dollars in change up his nose, Oprah Winfrey demonstrates how to get a dog accident stain out of a carpet .And more.

Kinda stupid but somehow entertaining

Came across a show on Hulu- Secret Talent Theater . Episodes are 2-3 minutes long and are each a celebrity showing their " hidden talent".

Tom Hanks shows how to change a typewriter ribbon. Actor Michael Shannon stuffs over two dollars in change up his nose, Oprah Winfrey demonstrates how to get a dog accident stain out of a carpet .And more.

Kinda stupid but somehow entertaining

Will check that out. I like when celebrities show a little more of their real selves.

Back