• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

One of the automobile channels I watched a few years ago was by Scottie Kilmer. Seemed pretty knowledgable but about once every two, three months, he'd announce that's it, I'm leaving the internet, I'm done; only to return again within a week.
Well, he's actually been gone for awhile now, and I hadn't thought of him until his new video came up this afternoon. I think he was doing his homework, trying to make his videos more professional, as this one is very good, and a different style.

Along with holograms and Thermodynamic "steam tables", the Wankel engine was something I could never quite fully wrap my brain around, but this new video finally gave me the "ah-Ha!" that I needed, and I'm happy I saw this. Apparently Mazda has further refined the Wankel, and it will be included in a '22 electric car as a "gas backup" (the roles in a Hybrid will finally flip). Interesting video!

Enjoying this very much (on Disney+):

scale

Subscribed to HBO Max last night in preparation for new Godzilla movie release. Was browsing content and found Raised By Wolves (which I kinda forget existed). Watched the first episode and thought it was pretty great sci-fi. Will definitely be binging the rest of this series ASAP.

Subscribed to HBO Max last night in preparation for new Godzilla movie release. Was browsing content and found Raised By Wolves (which I kinda forget existed). Watched the first episode and thought it was pretty great sci-fi. Will definitely be binging the rest of this series ASAP.
HBO Max has a got to offer. much more than the old HBO. I'm surprised your haven't watched all the Godzilla flicks they have.

I'm surprised your haven't watched all the Godzilla flicks they have.
Ummm... I own hard copies of every Godzilla (and related Kaiju) film ever made on multiple formats... Laser Disc, VHS, DVD and BluRay. I have a lot more monster movies in my collection then HBO Max does. It's an embarrassment of cheesy monster movie riches.

:biggrin:

Ummm... I own hard copies of every Godzilla (and related Kaiju) film ever made on multiple formats... Laser Disc, VHS, DVD and BluRay. I have a lot more monster movies in my collection then HBO Max does. It's an embarrassment of cheesy monster movie riches.

:biggrin:
hes not a big fan of it, pretty much a poser with those fake tattoo thingies. :p

have you been reading up about the upcoming movie monkey, or you doing a ignore all info until you watch it kinda deal?

i've heard about a couple of things, but decided to avoid any spoilers.

side note, i also didnt buy the first godzilla 4k 2014 which released today. i cant really justify buying full price disc anymore, i add it on my list and wait till they drop.

For music gear freaks only. Jordan Rudess goes over his current keyboard setup. I'm drooling.

:bouncygrin:
funny botch, i suddenly found myself listening to some hammond organ cd's... some of those elevator trippy music in the 60's or 70s.

kinda like austin powering up.

hes not a big fan of it, pretty much a poser with those fake tattoo thingies. :p

have you been reading up about the upcoming movie monkey, or you doing a ignore all info until you watch it kinda deal?

i've heard about a couple of things, but decided to avoid any spoilers.

side note, i also didnt buy the first godzilla 4k 2014 which released today. i cant really justify buying full price disc anymore, i add it on my list and wait till they drop.

I don't buy too many movies on disc anymore but I agree it's best to wait until after they drop which seems inevitable. My (pre-COVID) method for new releases I want to see has been (1) theatrical viewing and then maybe (2) a second streaming viewing (once new pricing dies down) and then if I really like the movie and want to own a better quality version (IMO) (3) buy a blu-ray copy after waiting for price drop.

I had been reading about the new movie a while ago but have stopped since the trailers dropped. Don't want to spoil everything. But it's hard to avoid with all the stuff that pops up in my news feed. Damn spy phone knows me too well.

Last edited:
hahaha! me too! the hard part is, i cant click on the side menu and say im not interested, in fact its the opposite!

so its like i wanna peek but dont...

Watched a couple more episodes of Raised By Wolves. I still like it and will finish the series. But seems like the rest of the episodes are not quite as good or memorable as the first one.

SPOILER WARNING...

I feel like a lot of what was interesting or compelling about the main Mother/Necromancer character was revealed too quickly in the (admittedly amazing albeit gory) final sequence from the first episode. The mystery kind of feels like it is all gone now that we know what she is capable of. I think it would have kept things more interesting if some of this information was revealed more slowly over the course of the series. Maybe there will be more but it's hard to see how they will top her coming out party at the end of episode one.

Just my $.02 observation.

^^^ Didn't know she had married David Foster. And she was a featured guest singer on a couple concert videos I have, but imdb didn't mention them and I'm drawing a blank...

This documentary on the "Q" movement. I had hoped to understand more about it but this doc is very confusing. Lots of unsubstantiated claims from Q about many things hard to believe people believe this shit

This documentary on the "Q" movement. I had hoped to understand more about it but this doc is very confusing. Lots of unsubstantiated claims from Q about many things hard to believe people believe this shit

It's all about the Boogeyman. They have created a Boogeyman and they tell people the Boogeyman is going to come from under their beds and get them.

Life is easier when you have a bad guy to blame, when you have a Boogeyman, someone to blame all of your problems, someone to take the blame for all of the reasons why your life hasn't turned out the way it should have damnit!!!

^^^ Didn't know she had married David Foster. And she was a featured guest singer on a couple concert videos I have, but imdb didn't mention them and I'm drawing a blank...
Botti in Boston is one, highly recommended.

Just finished season one of Raised By Wolves on HBO Max. Wondering where they will take it because there are a LOT of unanswered questions that were left unresolved in the finale. Generally enjoyed it as a sci-fi fan but do also feel like it lost some direction and focus several times especially in the last episode. They may have jumped the shark a bit in the finale... not that things can't be explained or continued in a second season. Supposedly it's in the works and filming with an ETA of summer 2022. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Back