• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

Justified on Prime Video. Great show. I might have a man crush on Timothy Olyphant, who to me, gives off an Eastwood vibe.

JustifiedSsn1.jpg
i always wanted to see this, but never knew how. thanks for the heads up.

Justified on Prime Video. Great show. I might have a man crush on Timothy Olyphant, who to me, gives off an Eastwood vibe.

JustifiedSsn1.jpg
One of my faves, Olyphant was really good in The Crazies remake and he’s seriously funny in Santa Clarita Diet.

For those of you with AppleTV+, the movie CODA is pretty good. I finally decided to give it a chance yesterday and it was much better than I expected.

So I'm watching Wheel of Time... kinda mixed feelings. I've read all the books (a MAJOR commitment), so I can follow what's going on, though I've forgotten some of the characters/details, there are just so many. But I don't really see how someone who hasn't read these would get much out of it, it would all seem so confusing... dunno. OTOH, I pretty much know which characters turn out to be good and bad, and know where things are going, as it's (so far) mostly following the books' main plot lines, there's not much surprise/anticipation. Well maybe I'll continue with it, I mean it seems reasonably well done overall, so probably still worth watching.

Finished Mayor of Kingstown, first one or two episodes were just painful but man it picked up and the season actually was pretty great.

Finished Mayor of Kingstown, first one or two episodes were just painful but man it picked up and the season actually was pretty great.
Ive only seen the first one and I liked it.
Im gonna try to check out the rest.

So I'm watching Wheel of Time... kinda mixed feelings. I've read all the books (a MAJOR commitment), so I can follow what's going on, though I've forgotten some of the characters/details, there are just so many. But I don't really see how someone who hasn't read these would get much out of it, it would all seem so confusing... dunno. OTOH, I pretty much know which characters turn out to be good and bad, and know where things are going, as it's (so far) mostly following the books' main plot lines, there's not much surprise/anticipation. Well maybe I'll continue with it, I mean it seems reasonably well done overall, so probably still worth watching.
I also read the books. There's definitely a LOT going on left unexplained, but I do believe they are doing well with it.
If you haven't read the books, it would require investment in the show to get the payoff (all the explanations of who/what/when/why) down the line.
If they monologued and explained everything, it would be...too easy and in my opinion, cheesy. As long as the actors and director continue do a good job with it, I think it will be very worth it. The tangled storyline and number of characters and political machinations in the book was...ridiculously complex. So far, I really enjoyed season 1.
As much as they are giving a good slow burn for the overall story, they are also removing/combining a bunch of the storyline in order to make it simpler, because honestly if they didn't...14 books would just be TOO much. I do hope they get more episodes per season going forward though. More time to explain things.
If I remember correctly (I'm sure I don't, but its something like this), books 6-10 or 11 had so many characters moving in circles and covered only a month or two in story time, but pretty deeply explored so many characters and their reasons, deceits and ideas...

I'm sure its been mentioned here, but...I'll say it again since the final season is being released every Friday.
The Expanse on Prime...SOOOOOO GREAT!
Wish they could keep this show going for another 3 seasons. Or 5.

Apparently Korean zombies move faster than the Yank ones; I attribute their school system.

(I won't be watching this, but figured a few of you may be interested)

We've been watching Clarkson Farm on Amazon Prime and it is hilarious. Jeremy Clarkson bought a farm and is trying to work it. Very entertaining.

"Tell me you will stay,
Make me Smile!"

-Chicago

Just noticed a two-hour special on CNN (of all places) on one of my favorite bands. Cool as hell so far.

Back